Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite OST from a game?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Manach wrote: »
    By far - OST from Sang-Froid. Traditional Quebec songs that blended very well into the tale of magic and werewolves.

I don't know if I should be cursing you or thanking you. Thanks to the track you put up all I've been listening to on Spotify the past few days are Québécois artists. :pac: I was also surprised at how close to Irish trad it sounds at times.

Which reminds me, this song always stands out in my mind because I can very distinctly recall finishing the game, putting down the controller and then going "... Is that Irish?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

FFVII/FFVIII
    C&C Red Alert
    Bionic Commando reboot
    All the Wipeouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Showing my age :

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't usually download/buy OST's, but there are a few tracks from certain games which always give me goosebumps. Firstly, and my favourite theme/song from a game is the theme to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Ozar Midrashim). I love this song so much as it always brings back some of my strongest memories of gaming and how it makes me feel. Awesome music! First OST i ever bought.

Then we have the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon theme, which as others have stated is just 80's awesomesauce!

A couple of others have also mentioned the Deus Ex: Human Revolution OST, and this was the second OST i ever bought, with particular mentions to Icarus and Sarif Industries Ambient:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

No love for Hitman 2?

Or the amazing work on the original Tenchu?

Can't post links because noob.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

No love for Hitman 2?

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=16t3OLGrZKw

Or the amazing work on the original Tenchu?

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=T4NRqZIIjaY&index=4&list=PL9F7EDC5D8B057A3B

Can't post links because noob.. :(

Just put the letters numbers at the end of the link in youtube brackets

Like this [ youtube ]16t3OLGrZKw[ /youtube ]

Except no spaces in the brackets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

nix wrote: »
    Just put the letters numbers at the end of the link in youtube brackets

Like this [ youtube ]16t3OLGrZKw[ /youtube ]

Except no spaces in the brackets :)

Ha ha! Totally forgot about that! (Im a re-reg ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭recyclops

After replaying it I have to admit Alan wake has a sensational soundtrack.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The soundtrack to Dear Esther by Jessica Curry is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

5 pages, no Jet Set Radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Metal Gear Solid series, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Easy decision for me:

That is closely followed by Uncharted & Metal Gear Solid Soundtracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Without repeating some of the earlier choices, especially the music from Deus ex!

I loved the music from Vampire the Masquerade Redemption

especially the music when you were in the Haven.

Dark souls also had some great music when used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

There are so many here that have been mentioned that I don't want to repost (Deus Ex, Final Fantasy, Blood Dragon, MGS...especially the intro track to 2...amazing! And that Legacy of Kain brought back some amazing memories!).

This may be a strange one, but I always liked the F.E.A.R OST. Thought it fit perfectly with the subject matter (i.e. getting scared sh*tless in between bouts of frantic bullet time slow mo).

Playlist below (can't seem to embed it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw7LK1mP12E&list=PLE4A0595A547BDB28&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

All of Michael McCann's stuff is great,

love this one in particular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The series should have ended here. There was nothing more that needed to be said. Incredibly prophetic.

As much as I wanted resolution in MGS4, it was never supposed to be resolved.
    The Patriots being left as a sort of omnipresent collective, that in fact may be a figment of the imagination was tantalising.

Seeing Solid Snake here, was the best version of him, the pragmatism and hoper for the future. MGS4 left him broke and depressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mario Kart 8 might be but a young lad, but its music is a wonderful icing on a cake of sheer joy and exuberance. Case in point, its take on the Moo Moo Meadows theme. It's a song from the Wii game, but has been reorchestrated with such care and energy that it feels like a whole new composition. And it perfectly suits the mood and atmosphere of the gorgeous dusky interpretation of the track - at its best, MK8 manages this impeccable harmony between the music and visuals, and it's hard not to feel those goosebumps at moments when the care and artistry that has gone into the whole production really become apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Most Nintendo games

The Oblivion OST (superior to Skyrim IMHO)

Deus Ex HR

XCom Enemy Unknown

Risk of Rain

Hotline Miami

Fable games has 10/10 music and voice acting

MGS

Halo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Mario Galaxy games have a stunning soundtrack.

For me the Zelda games have the most memorable tracks, especially OOT and SS.

Loved the Halo 3 soundtrack also.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl deserved so much more recognition for it's soudtrack than it got.

My personal favourite of all time though has to be Metroid Prime. Perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

.ak wrote: »
    Bionic Commando reboot

+1 for this I had that song stuck in my head for a week and it wasn't even annoying

I dunno if Tetris was already mentioned but if it hasn't...
    I can't post youtube links from work but for anyone who hasn't heard it, it sounds something like this

Ni na na ni na na na na na Ni na na na na na na na na na naaa
    Na, na Nii na na na na Ni na na na na na na na na na naaaa

Also, I vote for the soundtrack to Bit Trip Beat. It's class, at least the bits I've managed to actually hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Some great versions by the London Philharmonic on this:

It's also on Spotify if you prefer individual tracks. The Angry Birds one is worth a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is literally my all time favourite piece of music from any game. I think I might do a cover of it, I absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Most of the Final Fantasy stuff gets played a lot, particularly VIII and X. I love the piano versions also. Super Mario Galaxy has some great tunes, as does the 3DS Kid Icarus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loved Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask soundtracks, Chrono Trigger for Frog's theme alone, Final Fantasy IV,VII,VIII and IX, Lunar Silver Star and Kingdom Hearts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Discovered some visual novel soundtracks recently that are amazing.

Clannad:

Umineko:

Higurashi when they cry:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Got to have some Jet Set Radio love!

Actraiser's whole soundtrack is a thing of beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Days of thunder on the amiga.

Advertisement