Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite OST from a game?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

God i love these threads :)

So many to choose from really. There have been some absolutely fantastic soundtracks over the years, so we're spoilt for choice really.

Ace Combat Belkin War - Zero

Halo - One Final Effort

Zelda Skyward Sword - Fi Theme 6 or Romance Theme

VVVVVV - PPPPP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That Distant Worlds orchestral cover is just amazing.

Love this as well. It would definitely be on top of my list if had these orchestral versions over the midi in game.

I wish Square would pull the finger out and just remake the game. You're never going to top this lads, just remake it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Far Cry 3

C&C Generals USA Battle theme ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Always loved Jeff Van Dyck's work on the Total War games, especially RTW;

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Noone mentioned Street Fighter ? Ken and Guile's themes

Fave 2 versions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

this one from Max payne 3 gave me goosebumps while playing, it really fit the end of the story nicely, a kind of fatigued broken down relentlessness to it. gave the last level a great sense of closure. that game really exceeded my expectations for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Games in the Dawn of War series (nearly all of them) have had excellent soundtracks. Really capture the mood of whatever race you're playing.

Top of the pile from those games was this track, always got the blood pumping when it came on.

You can't go wrong with most of Soule's work, to be fair. To create the soundtrack for Total Annihilation at the age of 21/22, that's some achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Inon Zur-fallout 3 OST. Beautiful ambient soundtrack that captures the desolation and horror of a post apocalyptic world without being obtrusive.

Game is a masterpiece, and the music plays a big part in setting the right atmosphere. Bleak and harrowing with a tinge of regret about the whole thing.

Worst part is the music is often overlooked and underutilized because people never turn off galaxy news radio when exploring the wastes.

Can't believe I forgot this: One of the most underrated & misunderstood games of last gen and the theme song is epic;

Oh and this for Fun: Loved this song from Starcraft 2; Loved the atmosphere and tone of the story, this type of music added to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I could mention loads that have already been mentions but ill go with this...

Dynasty Warriors 7 OST

Ill drop a few

:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

By far - OST from Sang-Froid. Traditional Quebec songs that blended very well into the tale of magic and werewolves.

Also, an honourable mention for Dishonored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Love it!!!! you know they took it out in the dark arisen expansion ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Final fantasy vii
    Crisis core
    Ridge racer revolution !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I love this, listen to it sometimes when I work

Frozen Synapse - OST MiX: http://youtu.be/PAln2rGiOF4

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Beautiful piece of music and brings back memories of staying up half the night playing this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played a few hours of To The Moon last night. It has one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've heard in recent memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Mr E wrote: »
    Played a few hours of To The Moon last night. It has one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've heard in recent memory.

They're taking preorders for another batch of To The Moon music boxes. I'm a little bit tempted. Definitely an unusual piece of video game merchandise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    Love it!!!! you know they took it out in the dark arisen expansion ? :mad:

Ya what now :O ?

Haven't actually played dark arisen yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I love this, listen to it sometimes when I work

Frozen Synapse - OST MiX: http://youtu.be/PAln2rGiOF4

Yeah, I hope nervous_testpilot does as good a job with Frozen Endzone's OST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Anything Rob Hubbard did on the C64 back in the day. That man is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

TinCool wrote: »
    Anything Rob Hubbard did on the C64 back in the day. That man is a genius.

I'll go with that. The Sanxion loading tune is my favourite. The version he did for a Zzap cover tape is something else!

Have to mention Martin Galway here too. His Ocean loaders are brilliant. I still listen to that stuff. Sad that these guys never got picked up to do movie scores.

Outside of that Vice Cty is my favourite colloction of songs from any game. Add in the radio adverts and DJs and its almost perfection.

My favourite one song is The Manics - Everything Must Go (Chem Bros remix) from Gran Turismo 1. A great intro made epic by the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

One of the greats. Still have the soundtrack buried in my CD collection (somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I'm going to do a few different ones from my usual picks, which is mainly RPG'S, and people have already mentioned them:

I'd stay in club's, instead if the smoking areas chatting to everybody, if this was being played inside.

Sounds like something that could be in the new Star Wars Trilogy, THE GOOSEBUMPS THE WHOLE SONG, THAT FINALE:

The composer is like Nobou Uemastu 2.0, with a new dramatic unseen flare, and he has the same trademark hooks and melodies that are distinctly his own, for once. The best FF soundtrack since IX and X (and so is the game apparently), and on the same level as the classics. It seems to be the only game in the series that hasn't being coasting on brand name alone since XII. It revolutionises FF, not simply updating, and it has all the elements of the old games such as world maps, exploration but with aerial battles and controllable airships and a dark storyline mixture of FF6 and FF8. One of the best stories in the series.

Like Uematsu, every song, including the gentle ones, are brilliant, evocative and gives an unparalled sense of place:

I demand that this guy be the new official composer for the FF series, and make Type 0 style games as part of the mainline titles.

Can't wait to finally play the HD remake on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not really fair that you put a Feeder song in (Gran Turismo 3), it was written specifically for the game I don't think.
    Because you also have songs like The Cult - she sells sanctuary which is probably the best on there

You may aswell pop in the GTA Soundtracks
    Give me Flash FM from GTA 3 (which were all songs from Scarface) and Vice City

Only my the most replayed and finely tuned game ever. I must 101% at least 5 times as a kid out of boredom. This is the game I would consider myself world class in for amount of time alone :pac:

Unlike Mario Kart, you actually needed be good at DRIVING and skillful to win races. So tense and fun/hilarious. Mario Kart was a free for all in comaprison, and I considered it the eejit brother. Powersliding is so satisfying, jump and drift R1 AND controlled boost bursts with L1. So god damn playable.

A perfect game, I had the tracks memorised in my head. The level design is unparalleled by anything in other kart games.

Nothing will beat the amazing feeling of speed you get when you combo drift boosts and landing boosts, no other racing game I've played has done something like this, pure awesome.

CTR just nails it with stages, challenges, shortcuts, modes, weapons and especially the goddamn boost system. It's brilliant. Just brilliant. Easy to learn, hard to master. I still play CTR almost yearly.

Me and a friend got way to good at this game to the point where we were literally right next to each other the entire race and it came down to powerups of the tiniest slip ups

This is like, literally my favourite game ever. Or Top 5. Probably #1 though. Not a year has gone by since it came out where I didn't go back to fall in love with it all over again. It is immaculate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Speed Freaks was better.
    And made in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Bought it in the steamsale and love it, this always seems to kick in when someone triggers an alarm in the time it takes for you to fleece that jewelrystore/bank and the time the cops show up

Advertisement