Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I wear a white dress to a wedding???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lia_lia wrote: »
    If I was a bride I wouldn't give a shite if someone wore white at my wedding. Even if someone turns up in a wedding-ish dress..who cares?!

Saying that I still wouldn't wear white at a wedding. Only because I know that most of the other women there would be gossiping about it, and some brides might not like it.

Honestly, I'd wonder what someone was playing at if they wore white to mine. It's so well accepted that you don't wear white, that it stands out an absolute mile when someone does.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

Someone wore a cream dress to my wedding & I genuinely didn't notice, I was too busy enjoying myself. Only realised it when a couple of people said it to me the next day.
    Having said that, I'd notice it as a guest so it'd still be a big no-no to me. Even if the bride doesn't notice/care, other guests will. Someone wore a full length cream lace dress to a wedding I was at a few months ago, my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw her! It just screams of attention seeking.

Advertisement