Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Train Your Dragon 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

adox wrote: »
    How does it hold up against the first one? I loved the first one but am always sceptical of sequels.

Honestly, it holds up every bit as well as Toy Story 2 does to the original.

I only saw the original 2/3 weeks prior to this hitting the cinema, and it quiet simply blew me away.

The animation is superb, it's got a wicked soundtrack, the original characters are great and the new characters every bit as good (I was a big fan of Cate Blanchett & Kit Harrington). The story is a little more mature but there's plenty of great funny moments (usually involving Toothless)

The only criticism (if you'd call it that) is that because Hiccup & Toothless are now acquainted, we don't get a repeat of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

Turtwig wrote: »
    Original has that extra novelty factor. Hiccup and Toothless's forbidden friendship scene, for example. This is still very very good. Only thing I really don't like about either movies Is Baruchel. Honestly, I'd actually pay to see it the cinema again if Dreamworks redubbed Hiccup with some other actor.

I agree, he's perfectly fine in most of it but has some awful vocal habits. The supporting cast too, having basically the cast of Superbad as Hiccup's friends is jarring compared to the Scottish/Gaelic sounding other Vikings. The other young vikings all sound and talk like the 00's generation. It's the only minor complaint I have about the series. Other than that they're both wonderful films.

Advertisement