Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Went back Football training last night after dislocating my finger a week or so ago, There was still a bit of swelling but it's alright. Soccer training this evening, exciting times! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ughh!

all you can eat seafood & BBQ... think im getting the meat sweats... life is good

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Go forth and destroy the all you can eat seafood & bbq

BH going around pumping his arms shouting "Feed me More!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was delighted that Kilkenny beat Galway the other day, I won a few pence on that result too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone find facebook very slow these days

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

cena wrote: »
    Anyone find facebook very slow these days

No, but a lot of the people on it are.

What podcasts (other than wrestling) do we all listen to? For me, I listen to ThePodcastShow which is hosted by four popular gaming YouTubers who discuss games, stuff in the news & everything else and the StartReplay Podcast which is about all types of media. One of my favourites went on a hiatus for a while but returned lately and is called The Gaming Illuminaughty podcast. I need to find more.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I listen to Eddie Trunk's podcast on iTunes, along with The Flash Podcast.. Have to expand to more besides the ones mentioned and SCSA's Unleashed podcast, and Chris Jericho's Talk Is Jericho.

• Advertisement

Soundings, Lisa Hannigan's podcast, is meant to be pretty good but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm just slowly making my way through The Place To Be from the start though right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Go forth and destroy the all you can eat seafood & bbq
    BH going around pumping his arms shouting "Feed me More!".

pretty much passed out a few minutes after posting that... gotta stop considering all you can eat a challenge :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

BH last night

homer-simpsonnew.jpg

26890_384x288_generated__UzTLAi6C-0i6OK2RviKHdg.jpg

a43a2932ffbd20d981233aff4259c221d1b75ff7.jpeg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What podcasts (other than wrestling) do we all listen to? For me, I listen to ThePodcastShow which is hosted by four popular gaming YouTubers who discuss games, stuff in the news & everything else and the StartReplay Podcast which is about all types of media. One of my favourites went on a hiatus for a while but returned lately and is called The Gaming Illuminaughty podcast. I need to find more.

Rooster Teeth Podcast is a staple, along with The Patch and Funhaus (previously of Inside Gaming). All are part of the same family, so there's massive cross over. But I adore Rooster Teeth and everything the put out, and after 300+ episodes of their main podcast, it's like listening to friends chatter at this stage :P

Plus if you get into them, they have a tonne of content on Youtube channels; Red vs Blue, Slow Mo Guys, Achievement Hunter, Funhaus, Let's Play. I nearly watch more content by them than everyone else combined each week.

Oh, and they have a movie coming out pretty soon that was one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pretty much exclusively listen to Comedy Bang Bang/other Earwolf podcasts. Work in a pretty stern agency where you got done for browsing non-work related sites so going to a jog listening to funny people keeps me sane.

Internet is dreadful at the moment. For a while Chrome loaded everything except Boards, what a nightmare!

Really looking forward to the Hurling and Football at the weekend, also the right side of my earphones are after going. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was quite surprised to see the Bastian Schweinsteiger to United thing. Part of me was sure he'd just stay at Munich his entire career.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angron wrote: »
    Delightful, Longford Town beat Bohemians :D

Sligo Rovers 3
    Longford Town 1

That's right, we're now feuding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sligo Rovers 3
    Longford Town 1

That's right, we're now feuding.

...it's on.

• Advertisement

Harking back to a conversation from a few days ago, I'm sitting in The Anvil in Longford now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angron wrote: »
    Was quite surprised to see the Bastian Schweinsteiger to United thing. Part of me was sure he'd just stay at Munich his entire career.

I didn't expect that one at all. It could be a game-changer of a signing (but then again I thought the same about Di Maria).

You'd have to feel sorry though for any parent whose kid wants his name on their jersey.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He's a great signing and a guy United need in midfield against the top teams. Very surprised myself he left Bayern. Hopefully he can stay fit.

Still very, very upset about the Limerick match yesterday.

Ye were absolutely shocking in fairness. Once Breen got the goal they bottled it.

Ye were absolutely shocking in fairness. Once Breen got the goal they bottled it.
    I cried last night, it's so sad that Donal O'Grady has more than likely played his last match and all he has to his name is one Munster Championship. A poor season from start to finish. The hurling championship has been poor in general this year with Tipperary and Kilkenny being head and shoulders above the rest.

It's been poor for sure. Was hoping the Leinster final would be good but in all honesty Galway scored two goals completely against the run of play to make it look closer.

I still think any team bar maybe Dublin could make the final this year.

UP THE CATS

Breaking that United have signed Schnederlin (whose name I need to learn how to spell...). Been some few days to be a United fan.....

• Advertisement

Oh man, I discovered Agario the other day. Its so addictive :pac:

Advertisement