Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Lawsuit down the line bro :D
    **** it the name is truly awesome! It certainly beats my old name that IWW gave me Shane The Bruiser

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

gimmick wrote: »
    Im finished for this year. Saw Beck who was pretty good and John Legend who was absolutely incredible.
    I'm goin to see Beck in Gothenburg next month. Going to Chic & The Frames in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Sirsok wrote: »
    **** it the name is truly awesome! It certainly beats my old name that IWW gave me Shane The Bruiser

Why not incorporate that into your new name and being"The Da Vinci of voilence" Bruthen Woulfe :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Commuting from Galway to Dublin is not fun! Also got caught in my first ever m50 traffic jam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Always wanted to train but fcuk me am I terrified. The idea of a flip bump literally gives me a chill. Also the story from that Devitt Doc about the lad who's forehead touched his chest had me scared s#!tless.

All that aside, I hope training goes well for you lads.

Debating whether or not to get a ticket for Weird Al this October in Vicar street. Would love to see him live but I'm also tempered for the UFC in October too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm goin to see Beck in Gothenburg next month. Going to Chic & The Frames in Cork.

Saw Beck & Chic at last year's Electric Picnic. Beck was amazing & Chic was possibly the most fun I've ever had at a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I just seen the topic of this thread. Thanks for the shout out lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Cavan vs Roscommon on RTÉ 2, it's a shame that none of the hurling qualifiers are on today instead of this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cavan vs Roscommon on RTÉ 2, it's a shame that none of the hurling qualifiers are on today instead of this.

Sky has the cork Wexford hurling qualifier on at 6.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm probably going to change my username soon, just hope people don't think I'm a different user when I do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Is it a sign your drunk when you start to think fast furious 6 is a good movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Saw Beck & Chic at last year's Electric Picnic. Beck was amazing & Chic was possibly the most fun I've ever had at a gig
    I've never seen either of them. I won the tickets to Chic so am delighted to be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I genuinely fear for Galway today against Kilkenny in the hurling, could be a great game, or it could be a massacre, depending on which Galway turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is it a sign your drunk when you start to think fast furious 6 is a good movie
    Nope. It is though if you start to think the Amazing Spiderman movies are good.

Nope. It is though if you start to think the Amazing Spiderman movies are good.

OK I'll try them drunk next week. A new series of movie reviews, connemara man pissed reviews

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Delightful, Longford Town beat Bohemians :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angron wrote: »
    Delightful, Longford Town beat Bohemians :D

F*CK YOU! Travelled to this only to be undone by an 89th minute winner. Disgusted isn't the word... No wait, it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

See, it's doubly great for me, because Longford won, and it was Bohemians that lost :D

See, it's doubly great for me, because Longford won, and it was Bohemians that lost :D

Why the Bohs hatred? We should hate you for stealing our colours!

Bohs beat Longford in the FAI cup final back in 2001, and then a few short months later stole our manager :pac:

I don't really hate Bohs tbh, I just particularly like seeing Longford beat them.

• Advertisement

Bohs beat Longford in the FAI cup final back in 2001, and then a few short months later stole our manager :pac:

I don't really hate Bohs tbh, I just particularly like seeing Longford beat them.

'01, jaysis! Fair play for holding the grudge that long I guess! If this makes you feel better then listen to this, I once took a full day off work and missed a mates 18th bday to board a club supporters bus to go to Flancare Park only to be told on the Main St in Longford Town that the match was cancelled due to a heavy rainfall and we'd to turnaround. All the way home sober as a judge and showing up to the scorned mates party with him probably hating me. The worst day ever.

Fecking hell, that's a fairly sh*te thing to happen!

I've gone to a good few out of town games for Longford, been to Derry, Finn Park, Waterford, a few of the Dublin stadiums (I know I've been to Pat's and Shamrock Rovers grounds, possibly Shelbourne too), never had something like that happen to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In Jan 2002 my ex ended things with me. What better way to get my head right that go on the road to Longford the next day. This was before good roads, so it was a good 6-7 hour drive at this stage. We got to The Anvil at 7pm, only to be told that the ground was frozen solid and the game was off. Disaster.

However we had a magnificent session that night and I spent my last ever punts in Blazers.

The Anvil would be my regular these days :D Blazers isn't open any more, bar the odd time when it'd open for Stephen's night or the like. Could be lethal when it was running the 2 euro drinks deal :P

Does Micky still run The Anvil?

Aye, Mick's still in there.

Excellent. Nice fella. He always looked after us very well. One time when we were leaving and paying some woman charged us more than we usually pay. We said we wouldn't whinge though as it wasn't that much. We were back at the car and Mick runs after us with a €20 apologising for the overcharge and throw the money toward petrol. The overcharge was €10-€12 max.

Pity our away game with ye is likely to be moved to Sunday or midweek as would love a trip back there again. Messy times.

Just looking up stats for the World Cup, one poor lady scored two own goals in the same game. It was an enjoyable tournament I found.

Damien Duff more or less nailed on to sign for Shamrock Rovers. Thoughts?

• Advertisement

At €195k for 18 months they can have him.

Advertisement