Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I am going to end up loosing but it's all a bit of a laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,988 ✭✭✭cena

Don't laugh, but I am thinking of taking the NYPD exam next time I am in New York.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cena wrote: »
    Don't laugh, but I am thinking of taking the NYPD exam next time I am in New York.

Are you a us citizen?

Loughc wrote: »
    Are you a us citizen?

No. You don't have to be to take the test, but you have to be by the time you get picked. Long waiting list for this.

I'll be contacting the American embassy to see first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Seven of us in so far if anyone else wants to join in before we get a week ahead please do.

Premier league kick off tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am in

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just in it too. Was just thinking though, there must be some great Fantasy Football Wrestling team names. I'm not great at stuff like this, but these were my attempts:

Miz-elborough
    STFC
    Manchester Snitsky
    Sabu-teo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

In. Team name Aya X1.
    Good luck everyone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know of a rock I can crawl under...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone know of a rock I can crawl under...

Van Gaal out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Get yer 30 Rock gifs out lads. It's Moyesy 2.0!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

That was an dismal line up to be fair.

Their transfer action was awful all summer, lost loads of defenders and only brought in one young full back. Central midfield has been dire for so long, but only one player signed.

They won't be reaching top 4 without some massive signings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*Hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I know this sounds like stupid question. Are there many differences between iPad and iPad Mini?

I can't afford iPad but I can afford iPad Mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

sod it I went ahead and created one here is the Code

1771158-415157

Just joined there - team name is FC Hammer. My team probably won't be visible in the league until after week 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I just joined there too. My team won't show until the weekend I'd say.

Kewell Runnings is a great team name, kudos to that man! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2423945/

Sucks for Barcelona, transfer banned until the January 2016 window it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They'll bring up in Chelsea in their appeals and it will be either reduced or quashed altogether.

So over the last few weeks, I bought some stuff online in the hopes of opening a small little shop online. Not much, just 75 quids worth of stuff from China. Yesterday, I opened that store on Adverts.ie, and this morning, I sold my first item.

Absolutely chuffed. Right, it was only €3.50 profit(item cost me 3.15, sold it for 10, P&P and a few other things brought profit down to that) , but so pleased. I'm hoping it's a first step in a very positive direction. Looking into signing off the dole and onto the Entrepreneur benefit system soon, and hopefully starting this as a proper business. Just wanted to get a slight feel on how easy or hard it is to sell online.

Didn't expect to see a sale so quickly, and the item in question was one I thought would be slow to sell. But right now, it's gone and off with An Post.

Start of an empire today :pac:

(Won't say what the item is in case I breech advertising ToS or anything :P)

In a few months my image of TSC has gone from

97cf0d83275c2b9daecf9ae52a59ce4f.jpg

to this

RAW_984_Photo_041.jpg

and now this

Can't actually offer any insight into your plan tho but best of luck with it man

• Advertisement

Balotelli back to the Premier League. Greatest news I have heard all week. :D

this has been a weird day:

took the misses to the airport and sent her off to the other side of the world
    Got payed to watch Curb your enthusiasm with a load of Germans
    Signed the contract for my new job
    Skyped with a hip young priest
    and now im watching Godzilla!

this has been a weird day:

took the misses to the airport and sent her off to the other side of the world
    Got payed to watch Curb your enthusiasm with a load of Germans
    Signed the contract for my new job
    Skyped with a hip young priest
    and now im watching Godzilla!
    It is the new Godzilla??
    What's the new job? Free house means toilet seat can stay up. :-)

Toilet seat is well and truely up atm!

it is the new Godzilla, I expect it to be Shiote but meh its a giant dinosaur/Monster movie so I lower my standards like I do when watching Transformers etc

and the job sees me heading back to Taiwan. Plan to get into something else down the line there but its teaching again as I wanted to have something guaranteed before I arrived there, I can work on my chinese skills then and being there in person will help if I look for something else later

o and yes glad Ballotelli is back in the Prem, can never have enough characters like that about to make things interesting

The new movie is not as good as the 96 movie.
    Does the misses mind moving country? Is it English you teach?

cena wrote: »
    The new movie is not as good as the 96 movie.
    Does the misses mind moving country? Is it English you teach?

Yeah its English and it's her home country so not much issue there.

If it's got a giant Lizard in it, which from the opening bit it seems it will I will be appeased. I actually really enjoyed the 96 one and wanted the hinted sequel even though everyone I knew said it was sh!t. As eluded to before tis just a popcorn, turn your brain off movie, people can be overly critical at times

Yeah its English and it's her home country so not much issue there.

If it's got a giant Lizard in it, which from the opening bit it seems it will I will be appeased. I actually really enjoyed the 96 one and wanted the hinted sequel even though everyone I knew said it was sh!t. As eluded to before tis just a popcorn, turn your brain off movie, people can be overly critical at times
    Its mostly definitely a watchable movie won't hurt the brain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I treat the '96 Godzilla and Star Wars episode one like WWE treat Chris Benoit. They're Non-existent

I treat the '96 Godzilla and Star Wars episode one like WWE treat Chris Benoit. They're Non-existent

I really enjoyed the 96 movies. Loved the two main songs from the movie.

• Advertisement

New nickelback song came out this week.

Advertisement