Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bargains for parents to be

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Safety deal on in Argos also 6.74euro for 22 piece set for those of you with babies on the move!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2272180/Trail/searchtext%3EFOR+BABY+HALF+PRICE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I have the baby elegance beep twist for my baby who's due to arrive shortly :D However, it didn't come with a raincover. With it being September we will deffo need to get a raincover for the carrycot. Does it have to be baby elegance? Or does anyone know of a bargain brand that will do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Dreamer21

I'm not sure how much the baby elegance rain cover is but babyzone have a universal rain cover for carrycot €19.99

http://babyzone.ie/rain%20cover-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Mothercare have the tommee tippee perfect prep machine for €99.99, I've been using it since last week and it is absolutely brilliant, saves so much time and hassle and it means that every bottle is made up fresh and ready to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Huggies wipes are buy 1 get 2 free in tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Huggies wipes are buy 1 get 2 free in tesco.

Great thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i just saw this on the argos website, might be handy for someone looking for a pushchair

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1026492.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Isolt wrote: »
    I have the baby elegance beep twist for my baby who's due to arrive shortly :D However, it didn't come with a raincover. With it being September we will deffo need to get a raincover for the carrycot. Does it have to be baby elegance? Or does anyone know of a bargain brand that will do the job?

I would buy the baby elegance one for €20 as it's the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Same q for baby jogger city select carry cot! Also, can you get a hood for the car seat if using with travel system??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Ps still need monitor..any deals out there? And where can i get disposable changing mats fot hospital?

• Advertisement

Amazon usually have deals on monitors. Dealz is your best bet for the disposable mats, they are sooooo handy!

You could also check adverts.ie for monitors etc... (If you don't mind second hand). Some have barely been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

73trix wrote: »
    Ps still need monitor..any deals out there? And where can i get disposable changing mats fot hospital?

If you want a changing mat I cannot recommend this one enough. I LOVE it! I brought it it hospital with me and use it all the time when I'm out. It fits in my handbag and holds a couple of nappies as well as looking nice.I used it in the back of the car yesterday and it's perfect for public places where you don't want to put your bubs down on a public changing unit. Five stars from me and much nicer than disposable changing sheets.

Polar Gear Baby Hand Bag Size Changing Mat (Black)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0091QDVRS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Kbgcub07M9FME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

73trix wrote: »

this is a tommee tippee video monitor asda have it half price at £90

http://direct.asda.com/tommee-tippee-closer-to-nature-Digital-Video-Sensor-Mat-Monitor/002676130,default,pd.html?dual=0

same one here is around the 300 euro mark

Merkin wrote: »
    If you want a changing mat I cannot recommend this one enough. I LOVE it! I brought it it hospital with me and use it all the time when I'm out. It fits in my handbag and holds a couple of nappies as well as looking nice.I used it in the back of the car yesterday and it's perfect for public places where you don't want to put your bubs down on a public changing unit. Five stars from me and much nicer than disposable changing sheets.

Polar Gear Baby Hand Bag Size Changing Mat (Black)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0091QDVRS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Kbgcub07M9FME

It is fab! My sis has it, you can get it in symths for around €7ish

A lot of stuff half price. Just click on what u need. Lots of half price nursery furniture.

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/baby-nursery-event.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Aldi are selling the Avent microwave steriliser for 13.99 at the moment.

These outlook shades are great, they are the only ones we found that you can open the window with.

http://www.nurserystore.ie/Luvion-3-5-GrandoElite-Spare-Camera?filter_name=outlook

€200 is a shocking price for window shades, I can't understand how they could be so expensive :eek:
    just wondering how it looks from the outside ?

It goes over the car door and halfway down the outside of the window so it does look a bit odd but not bad as such. If you google image 'outlook shades for car windows' there are some good pics to give you a better idea.

• Advertisement

It goes over the car door and halfway down the outside of the window so it does look a bit odd but not bad as such. If you google image 'outlook shades for car windows' there are some good pics to give you a better idea.

i thought that, is it good ?
    looking at other options but the prices are crazy
    baby is due this week and i was more prepared for cold weather tbh

Ya they are great and so much cheaper than the manufacturers ones. Tbh though, at this stage of the year, I'm not sure how much use you would get from them. Our fella was born in February and for the first few months before the weather got warm and the windows needed to be opened, we made do with the super cheap oval suction shades that were fine for keeping the winter sun off the baby's face.

Ya they are great and so much cheaper than the manufacturers ones. Tbh though, at this stage of the year, I'm not sure how much use you would get from them. Our fella was born in February and for the first few months before the weather got warm and the windows needed to be opened, we made do with the super cheap oval suction shades that were fine for keeping the winter sun off the baby's face.
    i have to go to tony kealys to collect the quinny so i will try and blag a free one from them

just wondering how it looks from the outside ?

Our minder has one where you can open window, I must ask her where she got it. It is great as she had window down all today even though they were in the house so the car was cool when they got in it. Her one is really big and fits her window very well as she has a big family car.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Aldi has a sale starting Sept 18th, I was thinking of buying their buggy, it's €35 it would be handy for a light buggy for around the shops. Has anyone bought one before? Also, has anyone tried their nappies? I think I will, I've heard good reviews from two friends. I'm pregnant on my first so no personal experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I asked on the infant and toddler bargain thread coz this is the day of my anatomy scan and all going well my ' I'm finally allowed to get stuff!'.

A poster recommended wipes, nappies, hooded towel and sleeveless babygros.

The tomee tippee steriliser seems good value but the bottles are currently cheaper in argos

margo321 wrote: »
    Aldi has a sale starting Sept 18th, I was thinking of buying their buggy, it's €35 it would be handy for a light buggy for around the shops. Has anyone bought one before? Also, has anyone tried their nappies? I think I will, I've heard good reviews from two friends. I'm pregnant on my first so no personal experience.

I absolutely swear by their nappies. We used pampers at the start but they leaked terribly and gave our little fella awful blisters on his bum :( Never had a problem with the aldi ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

margo321 wrote: »
    Hi there, I have no experience on the buggy, but I do use the aldi nappies and I would never use any other brand. Have tried other ones before and they always leaked at night but never with the aldi ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Bio oil on special offer in McCabes pharmacy, 33% off

Advertisement