Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bargains for parents to be

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Millem wrote: »
    Fall it is written in the box of every formula box "because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions, may make your baby ill". It is written in red on aptimal not sure what colour on other brands. You can do whatever you want and if you go to holles street they will give you a booklet and in it it will have instructions on how to make a bottle but back to the topic the machine is a bargain :)

Millem I have already responded to Sligo on this. I said it was a number of years ago when I had my child and it was common practise to add formula to already cooled bottles. My public health nurse was the one who told me how to make bottles at the time. I am also aware that I can do whatever I want. I don't need you to tell me that. I have never and will never do anything to endanger my child. I do not wish to continue this as it is derailing the thread so please do not direct any more posts directly at me. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Mothercare just emailed me a 10% off code valid till Monday. WEBF5. There is a barcode thank you can print off so you can use in store but I don't know how to upload :(

Anyone that's a member of the family card gets it
    I've added the printable voucher for 10% off everything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Anyone that's a member of the family card gets it
    I've added the printable voucher for 10% off everything

Yes and anyone who doesn't have a card can still use it but pick up a card at till! If anyone is in south dublin, mothercare belgard (tallaght) is brill. It is their outlet store. They have 2 pk cot sheets €7 and 2 pk cot bed sheets €10, jools Oliver sleeping bags either €15/€20. The last time I was there they were selling off a display cot €50 and a cotbed €60.

Guineys are doing free delivery on all online orders http://guineys.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I had heard that the Mothercare family card gave you 5% discount if buying online but on the website, I don't see anything about that. I was hoping to buy the buggy on line from them.
    ???

• Advertisement

73trix wrote: »
    I had heard that the Mothercare family card gave you 5% discount if buying online but on the website, I don't see anything about that. I was hoping to buy the buggy on line from them.
    ???
    It's ten% here is a pic with the code on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

It's ten% here is a pic with the code on it

But is that every day or as a special offer now and then? I don't see anything about it. How does it work?

Sorry

Sorry

Valid till Monday enter the code at checkout

Debenhams are doing free delivery on all online orders enter code SHFC
    They are doing a great sale on lots of baby/children clothes 50% off
    Little boy dungarees €12etc
    http://www.debenhams.ie/sale/kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know if baby food is ever on special or can it be gotten cheaper anywhere?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know if baby food is ever on special or can it be gotten cheaper anywhere?

Do you mean jars or formula? If it is formula....stage 1 is never ever on a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yeah formula stage 1 aptimal was just wondering wether to hold out or just pick it up in shopping weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Yeah formula stage 1 aptimal was just wondering wether to hold out or just pick it up in shopping weekly

There is some reason why the stage 1 stuff is never on special offer unfortunately. They can't advertise them either, you'd only ever see ads for follow on milk. Probably because the powers that be can't be seen not to promote breastfeeding or something.

However if memory serves aptamil is the more expensive one, and SMA the cheapest? I used aptamil when I switched from breast as they said it was closest to breast milk but sure I'd say there's no difference between them really.

Karmella wrote: »
    There is some reason why the stage 1 stuff is never on special offer unfortunately. They can't advertise them either, you'd only ever see ads for follow on milk. Probably because the powers that be can't be seen not to promote breastfeeding or something.

However if memory serves aptamil is the more expensive one, and SMA the cheapest? I used aptamil when I switched from breast as they said it was closest to breast milk but sure I'd say there's no difference between them really.

Yes aptamil is the most expensive :( I think cow and gate is the cheapest now as sma changed their packaging and increased the price :( if you need hipp organic hungry milk http://www.buyersclub.ie/Browse-Shop/Baby-Child/hipp-organic-combiotic-hungry-infant-milk-2-from-birth-onwards-800g that is the cheapest place (it is €10.49 in shops) They were doing 25% off last week and discounts work on the milk for some reason.

If I lived in an apartment I would get one of these for nappies http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3761913/Trail/searchtext%3EANGLECARE.htm#tab3and you are getting 3 refills for €11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

If I lived in an apartment I would get one of these for nappies http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3761913/Trail/searchtext%3EANGLECARE.htm#tab3and you are getting 3 refills for €11

We got one of these as a gift, I'd have never bought it myself but we found it brilliant! Especially in the first couple of months when we seemed to be constantly changing nappies.

We got one of these as a gift, I'd have never bought it myself but we found it brilliant! Especially in the first couple of months when we seemed to be constantly changing nappies.

I think it would be handy for middle of the night changes/early morning poos!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thinking of getting this today! Our nappy bucket stinks!!!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this today! Our nappy bucket stinks!!!

It's well worth it ... we did 90% of our changes on the changing table in his bedroom in the early days, and there isn't even the slightest whiff in the bedroom!

I would hate to have to traipse downstairs with the nappy every time to avoid the smell, especially in the middle of the night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

It's well worth it ... we did 90% of our changes on the changing table in his bedroom in the early days, and there isn't even the slightest whiff in the bedroom!

I would hate to have to traipse downstairs with the nappy every time to avoid the smell, especially in the middle of the night!

I think uve talked me into it. €9 seems like a bargain!

Chattastrope can you empty it in stages? By cutting bag and tiring a knot? Like tommee tippee one?

Chattastrope can you empty it in stages? By cutting bag and tiring a knot? Like tommee tippee one?

Yeah I think that's how it works, the bag is like a big long tube so you just cut it and tie it off whenever it's getting full .... to be honest, that's my boyfriend's job, I've never once actually done it! :o

Yeah I think that's how it works, the bag is like a big long tube so you just cut it and tie it off whenever it's getting full .... to be honest, that's my boyfriend's job, I've never once actually done it! :o

I thought so! I think they are brill ! I wouldn't use it all the time as during the day I would just put them into wheelybin (I live in a house). If you did this your cassette would last longer. If I was in an apt I would just use it girl every nappy. That is a good deal because you get the cassettes for €11 which are cheaper than on amazon :)

i got the tomme tippe nappy disposal system it wraps and seals the nappies on its own, handy for when your on your own
    its half price in mothercare 16.50

http://www.mothercare.ie/catalog/product/view/id/121286/category/1922/

the cassettes were hafl price but now just 6 for the price of 4

http://www.mothercare.ie/bathing-changing/nappies/accessories/tommee-tippee-sangenic-compatible-cassettes-6pk.html

as far as i know, the cassettes are just plastic as opposed to bags, meant to use less plastic

i got the tomme tippe nappy disposal system it wraps and seals the nappies on its own, handy for when your on your own
    its half price in mothercare 16.50

http://www.mothercare.ie/catalog/product/view/id/121286/category/1922/

the cassettes were hafl price but now just 6 for the price of 4

http://www.mothercare.ie/bathing-changing/nappies/accessories/tommee-tippee-sangenic-compatible-cassettes-6pk.html

as far as i know, the cassettes are just plastic as opposed to bags, meant to use less plastic

What is the difference between that and angelcare one?

What is the difference between that and angelcare one?

i know someone that got the angelcare and they said it wasnt as good quality wise as her sisters tomme version so when i saw it half price i jumped on it.
    checked the reviews online too
    each to there own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

They had tho Tommee Tippee one on Amazon with 6 cassettes for £26 last week but when I went to buy it, it had gone back up :mad: Today they have the Tommee Tippee blender for £7.20 and the Bumbo with tray for £29.95 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

I have the tommee tippee one and it is great, but the refills are extortionate unless you catch a special offer somewhere. To be honest after about a year I just used to put the nappy in a nappy bag and then put that into the nappy bin. It still keeps the smell in. Now having said that, I used to keep it upstairs and it wasn't the main changing area - most changes were done downstairs and those nappies were thrown out into a bin outside.

Advertisement