Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish water truth

Options
  • 19-06-2014 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

This is a fact that the RTE and Dennis O'Brian media wont tell you, Irish water have no way of cutting of your water if you don't pay the bill. sure they can come around and switch it off at the mains but all you have to do, is lift up the manhole and turn it back on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Just pay the water charges and stop being a complete idiot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Folks, don't go lifting up manholes, that's where the poop goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Uepped wrote: »
    This is a fact that the RTE and Dennis O'Brian media wont tell you, Irish water have no way of cutting of your water if you don't pay the bill. sure they can come around and switch it off at the mains but all you have to do, is lift up the manhole and turn it back on.

They already said it won't be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I’d be fairly sure, now that they have a meter at the point where the water turns into every home, that there will be some way of doing this.

Just pay for your bloody water like the rest of the civilised world.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Uepped wrote: »
    What's more is that if you go out into your back garden with a bucket half the days of the year, free water comes literally from the sky. The Illumnati have been keeping this quiet but I've seen it with my own eyes.

In your face Phil Hogan.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Costs about €2,500 to sink a well
    Water charges average €240
    Well pays for itself in 10 Years
    ???????
    Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

???????
    Profit

Dont forget to include repairs. I dont know anything that runs for ten years trouble free.

and they've already sed they wont turn it off they reduce the pressure till its near useless. And its a insert so not just turn a valve

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

???????
    Profit

Isn't there talk of charging people with their own wells for yearly 'inspections' or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

They never said they would turn it off (I believe they are not allowed to switch off the water) but they can reduce it to a minimum.
    This Irish Water stuff is getting blown out of proportion. Some of us have been paying for water already via local schemes etc.
    Most of the civilised world have been paying for water for years and now it's our turn, it sucks yes but c'est la vie.
    I won't be tampering with the meters though and I'll be paying for the water as I have been doing for many years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Robbo wrote: »
    What's more is that if you go out into your back garden with a bucket half the days of the year, free water comes literally from the sky. The Illumnati have been keeping this quiet but I've seen it with my own eyes.

In your face Phil Hogan.

Also, the water in Ireland is contaminated with flouride and flu vaccines WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Links234 wrote: »
    Also, the water in Ireland is contaminated with flouride and flu vaccines WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

This type of thing is usually spouted from folks who took in too much fluoride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Denis O'Brien has really become the archetypal Montgomery Burns type villain for the Irish online crank community.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Should probably mention chemtrails at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

dont fiddle with the manhole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Coat22 wrote: »

So, wait you think that all labour and materials involved in water distribution and services for the past few decades have been free?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Coat22 wrote: »

We already do. We are just paying more now but hopefully it will lead to an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

When our water get privatized and the price skyrockets we'll really wish we made more of a stand on this. TV license/broadcast charge, bin charges, water charges, property tax, we just bend over and take it all. They made this tax up and put in meters to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Denis O'Brien has really become the archetypal Montgomery Burns type villain for the Irish online crank community.

Well funny you mention this. Just filled my tank with diesel there at Topaz in Dublin port. Just heard an ad over the tannoy system that the lpt can now be paid in Topaz too.

Get that. A Topaz. A fcuking Topaz (of all places), Topaz of course (coincidentally) owned by whom?

Dennis has his finger in every pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

sligoface wrote: »
    When our water get privatized and the price skyrockets we'll really wish we made more of a stand on this. TV license/broadcast charge, bin charges, water charges, property tax, we just bend over and take it all. They made this tax up and put in meters to justify it.

Yeah, the citizens of no other country would accept water charges. Why should we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tabnabs wrote: »

There's servicing manholes ye nab -.-;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Apparently the International Space Station can recycle its water over and over again.

1. Build an International Space Station in Ireland
    2. Recycle water
    3. ?????????
    4. PROFIT!!!!!!

No need for that gadgetry....

We should follow the Kenyans lead.
    With 20 Euro only, you can provide clean water for one child for one year.

http://www.globalnature.org/31824/PROJECTS/Water-Living-Lakes/Drinking-Water-Filter/02_vorlage.asp http://www.globalnature.org/31824/PROJECTS/Water-Living-Lakes/Drinking-Water-Filter/02_vorlage.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Tabnabs wrote: »

Dont be ridiculous.
    Poop goes in the toilet and when you flush it goes down the pipes to the daily Mail where it gets used to create their content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Drakares wrote: »
    Just pay the water charges and stop being a complete idiot.

Is that you Enda ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

How did you forget the oestrogen from the pill?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Jesus can people stop using sheeple. Nothing alienates people more from listening to your idea, opinion or view than hearing sheeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

In Northern Ireland they call them "rates". Maybe we should adopt a name change and forget all the fuss.

The average down there is €950 a year, in a country where welfare payments are far lower than here and the average income is €8,000 less than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

dont fiddle with the manhole

That's what she said last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Augmerson wrote: »
    Jesus can people stop using sheeple. Nothing alienates people more from listening to your idea, opinion or view than hearing sheeple.

I think she was joking :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Don't pay and have a drip-by-drip shower and poo in the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isn't this usually where someone makes a **** gag that "they'd tax the air we breathe if they could get away with it, ho ho ho"?

Advertisement