Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE HEAT, I feel liek I AM GOING INSANE...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Packing grease cleans easier in these temps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think it's just super :)

I was working in Malta one year and it hit 43 degrees, that was miserable.

The current weather is superb, warm, dry, ideal to sit out and just enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Phone call home recently.

'How's the weather?'
    'Miserable. Its been cold and raining all week. What's it like there?'
    'Nice - we had 28 degrees today.'
    'Ah that's a bit hot. I wouldn't like that...'

:confused:
    But there's an in-between.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This is hilarious, it was 37 degrees at the peak of the heatwave we had in Germany last week/the week before. THAT is hot. Especially when none of the buildings have air-conditioning.

• Advertisement

This is hilarious, it was 37 degrees at the peak of the heatwave we had in Germany last week/the week before. THAT is hot. Especially when none of the buildings have air-conditioning.
    In Ireland we're not used to warmth though, plus it can be quite humid here.

I'm not complaining by the way - even if at times I find it a bit too close and the pollen affects me, I'd still prefer it infinitely to the unseasonably cold weather a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Some bad language so lil NSFW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zakdzo09E3s

:pac:

Magaggie wrote: »
    In Ireland we're not used to warmth though, plus it can be quite humid here.

I'm not complaining by the way - even if at times I find it a bit too close and the pollen affects me, I'd still prefer it infinitely to the unseasonably cold weather a few weeks ago.

Yeah sure don't I know :D

I just mean, 20-22 degrees? That's nice, but it's not hot. Warm for Ireland, but definitely not unknown to occur.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's the Irish thing to whine like a hungry mongrel about the weather. A few years ago I was in a doctors reception room and these two oul wans were whinging about the "hot" weather at the time. They continued by discussing their upcoming holidays. One was going to "Torreymalinnnaaas" with her assorted brood and was looking forward to the sunshine and nice weather... At that point high speed lead injected euthanasia was looking very bloody good.

Shut up whingin' for feck sake. It's summer, with green on the trees and sun in the sky(when it deigns to make an appearance). All too soon it'll be misery inducing November with drizzle and bruised skies and pissy wind. There's no pleasing some people. Harrrumph! :mad::D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Shut up you moanbags. It's not even that warm.

• Advertisement

It's an "Irish thing" to moan about Irish people giving out about the weather tbh. Irish weather is sh-t - hardly heinous to complain about it when it's bad.

I don't think the people who don't like humidity are the same people who moan about miserable weather - and even if they were, so what? It's still possible to dislike both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Yeah sure don't I know :D

I just mean, 20-22 degrees? That's nice, but it's not hot. Warm for Ireland, but definitely not unknown to occur.

It didn't even get near that. Not in Dublin. High today was 18 and that was for an hour. Mostly it was 15-17. It's 13 now. At 10 pm.

That's warm for April. It's normal for June. Even in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Magaggie wrote: »
    It's an "Irish thing" to moan about Irish people giving out about the weather tbh. Irish weather is sh-t - hardly heinous to complain about it when it's bad.

I don't think the people who don't like humidity are the same people who moan about miserable weather - and even if they were, so what? It's still possible to dislike both.

BUT THERE IS NOTHIING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TODAY! It's neither hot nor especially humid.

My weather app says it's 67% humidity. Which is low. It feels cool.

Funny I was thinking this morning that we haven't really had sticky humidity yet. Although august tends to be the worst month for that.

BUT THERE IS NOTHIING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TODAY! It's neither hot nor especially humid.
    To some people it is - especially in non air-conditioned offices and on buses. Might depend where you are in the country too. I'm finding it warmer than usual too - definitely felt quite humid from last Friday on. But it's lovely in fairness.
    But if people find it uncomfortable though, that's their prerogative. It can't be said that they're used to it, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I hate hate hate the heat.

Yeah it was a ****e movie!

Heat on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am in Spain. It was 41 degrees Saturday and not a breath of air. The sun was so hot it was like standing beside a fire. I thought I would pass out at one stage. When I got back to the apartment in the evening I was like a lobster that had an allergic reaction and then been cheesegrated. Very unpleasant weather for a freckly Irish person.

A balmy 29 for most of today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I too am one of those wacky folk that loves Irish weather as it normally is. I love rain and strong winds. You feel so comfortable and toasty when you're inside work/college on a really cold day looking out the window.

Heat to me (anything over 14 degrees) just is uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

It's too warm to go to sleep :(

It didn't even get near that. Not in Dublin. High today was 18 and that was for an hour. Mostly it was 15-17. It's 13 now. At 10 pm.

That's warm for April. It's normal for June. Even in Ireland.

Feck sake. Couldn't even leave the windows open at night here last week, didn't get below 20 degrees at any point for a good 4 days at least.

I'M IRISH, like, I'm not used to that at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I think it's an Irish thing to complain about those who are complaining about those who are complaining about those who are complaining about the weather.

All I care about is that it holds up so I don't have to dig out my wintery clothes again (which I've packed away) when I visit next month! Hold up, Irish weather. Hold up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I wish I'd bought in a load of good cider. Dinner will be outside this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭worded

I'm like a lizard on a rock.

I was cycling in 40 degrees last year.

Love the sun, love the heat and listening to good music cycling more than sex. The ultimate ride that can go on for hours.

Sun is shining, the weather is sweet yeah !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mgcf81

I love it and never want it to leave ... I wish every day was like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It was cloudy here on Saturday. I walked about 14 or 15 miles and it was nice and relaxing. I walked the same distance today and now I look like a beetroot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I'm in an attic room that according to my clock thermometer us 24 degrees, I've the fan on full blast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The UV index at 2p.m. today was 7.5 in Dublin: http://www.uvawareness.com/uv-index/uv-index.php?location=dublin

June 21st is when we are closest to the Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wonder if people here have ever been abroad to a "warm" country at all.

Today was pleasant at best, it is by no means warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

murpho999 wrote: »
    I wonder if people here have ever been abroad to a "warm" country at all.

Today was pleasant at best, it is by no means warm.

Ah yes. And when it rains in Somalia they mention how wet it is in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It bloody well was warm today! Or else my back garden's just a sun-trap.
    I was out in the back garden all day, slapping on the sun-cream and actually sweating. The sun was in full force and I even had to take shade, it was that hot.
    Don't care about you lot saying "But it's not even that warm", cos it WAS warm in my back garden. Bloody roasting and my shoulder got burned too, so ner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I for one will never be in a warm country today was warm enough for me. The kids are at an age now and asking to go to Spain cause all their friends are going. God the thought of laying all day on a beach doing nothing would drive me mad, The sooner the warm weather goes the better next door neighbour all 20 stone of him prancing about in shorts and him burnt pure red Dont get me wrong great neighbours but could do without looking at his beer belly all day

Advertisement