Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

G'wan the Priest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

Booking Slipknot as the Friday night headliner and bsc as the second stage headliner that night only 2 years after 2013 is some cheeky move. Cheeky in a boring way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Booking Slipknot as the Friday night headliner and bsc as the second stage headliner that night only 2 years after 2013 is some cheeky move. Cheeky in a boring way.

Yea was thinking BSC had headlined the 2nd stage already.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd imagine Black Stone Cherry will be headlining the main stage in 2016 or 2017,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As regards BSC Should've been put on main really to ensure upward trajectory after their arena tour seems odd they are now occupying same spot they did 2013. Playing the fest 5 out of last 7 years is overkill and now they playing at it again next year mightn't be such a good thing for being touted as potential headliners.

• Advertisement

Judging from the Poster gene Simmons tweeted as well looks like enter shikari are probably headlining second stage on Sunday, they headlined second stage in 2013 as well.

At least slipknot'll have new masks? :p

Muse headlining and faith no more subbing in the morning I'm gonna guess.

No drip feeding from Hellfest so gives idea of whats about.

Shocked not to see Kiss/Motley Crue combo tbh and the feckin' Scorpions how they still continue to headline big fests in mainland Europe is baffling IMO......

328695.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hellfest line up is completely underwhelming for me personally. There is some good bands on it but a lot I've seen before and out of those there's only a handful I'd be interested in seeing again - the rest I can take or leave. Only about 10 bands I've not seen that I'd like to and even then I'm not dying about them. Just my opinion though!

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Hellfest line up is completely underwhelming for me personally. There is some good bands on it but a lot I've seen before and out of those there's only a handful I'd be interested in seeing again - the rest I can take or leave. Only about 10 bands I've not seen that I'd like to and even then I'm not dying about them. Just my opinion though!

I agree with your opinion in fairness they were always gonna find it tough top the line up they put together the summer gone.

Some great bands no doubt but none that would have me rushing off to France, seen practically all their top Logo-ed bands at some stage or another myself. Wonder when Graspop announce.

Just about every band on the second and third lines of that poster has a good chance of being at download.

Underwhelming for me too though.

• Advertisement

Saturday main stage
    Muse
    Faith No More
    A Day to Remember

Second stage headliner
    Marilyn Manson

Can't fault the top 2 there to be fair

Gene Simmons posted and deleted that "fake" poster again btw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What an evening that would be!

Nothing interesting from this morning's announcement for me. Kinda wanna see Manson but hasn't he been consistently bad or okay at best for the last ten years now? Hmm I wanna go to the festival cause I love it, but already knowing what's coming tomorrow there isn't really much for me so far. Was gonna buy tickets on Thursday morning cause I usually stick to the second and third stages anyway but think I'm gonna wait another month or whatever and see who's added just be sure cause it's a lot of money.

I feel in the complete minority as I'm loving these announcements :O. If tomorrow is right that'll sell me a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I feel in the complete minority as I'm loving these announcements :O. If tomorrow is right that'll sell me a ticket.

I'm in the same boat!

I'm a little meh over Muse; last time I seen them, I think I was just watching an over priced light show.

Everyone giving out it's the same/boring headliners, but I assume they'll have new shows than last time they played.

Really liking idea of seeing Judas Priest and Marilyn Manson! :):D

This poster was leaked recently. It looks pretty legit and has been almost completely right, I wonder what happened and why Black Stone Cherry are headlining second stage again on the Friday and if Korn were supposed to play and now aren't or something.

8qEVwS.jpg

^ Link is broken but I know the one you're talking about. Seems pretty plausible to me :)

Uploaded it myself hopefully it works now!

Yeah if that is actually the line up I think I'm gonna give it a miss. Would be my 4th Download and really wanted to go this year but the trip is expensive and tickets are what £205. About 3 bands I'm excited to see and maybe 4/5 more I'd get up watch but that's about it.

Will talk to the lads and if they're still bent on going I'll probably end up tagging along but I'd say I'll probably leave it this time. Hope Sonisphere is going ahead I guess :p

• Advertisement

I thought Refused were not touring anymore after the last one? Royal Blood would be higher then EODM

There's been a bit of activity (controversy) on the Refused facebook page lately, so maybe they're not quite done or whatever. Yeah Royal Blood probably should be higher or whatever, but they probably booked them ages and ages ago. Maybe they will be higher by the time this poster gets published properly. Was probably done up a while ago if Black Stone Cherry aren't even on it, looks like a draft, very rough around the edges some of it, don't think this was ever supposed to be posted or whatever, but it's way too accurate to have been made by a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They give FFDP a big push already and not Mastodon? Lineup does seem very plausible though.

If Dimmu Borgir are announced and actually clash with Kiss or Crue I'll be annoyed. I'd like to see Body Count on the line up though, not gonna lie :P

Mushy wrote: »
    They give FFDP a big push already and not Mastodon? Lineup does seem very plausible though.

Mastodon up to fourth from fifth last time they played, so small bump.

Also would have thought Architects would be a bit higher

Mastodon up to fourth from fifth last time they played, so small bump.

Yeah but that day was so strong though Alice In Chains were on after them went on to sub Soni summer gone,then Motorhead then QOTSA who went on to co-head R&L also summer gone. FFDP were 6th down last time, played a blinder mind.

Graspop announcing on Thursday see what they throw out will be a mix of bands from DL and Hellfest I'm assuming. Guessing Slipknot nailed on clearly as one.

Sunday main stage
    Kiss
    Motley Crue
    Slash w/ Myles Kennedy

Second stage headliner
    Enter Shikari

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just had a look at the poster on the Official Download Facebook, and the only bands of interest to me on that poster would be Slipknot, Judas Priest, Black Stone Cherry, Faith No More, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators and Motley Crue.

• Advertisement

^ Seven out of twelve ain't bad :pac:

I'm sort of hoping for a Kiss/Crue date either here on in England because no one I know is interested. I don't mind a gig on my own but not a festival :(

Advertisement