Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Leaving Cert AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE 2014-predictions,discussion,queries etc**

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leavingcertgal

I really hated that higher level paper. Was just wondering do you need to pass the written paper for the project to count? Really need to know. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nocofee

What did ye say for part a in the short questions?
    I really hated that higher level paper. Was just wondering do you need to pass the written paper for the project to count? Really need to know. Thanks!

What do you think you got for your project? A pass in the Hl written paper is 120 out of 300

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

What did you all say for the adulteration of milk by water? I'd never heard of it so I just guessed it completely. Described how to find the %water in milk etc and then just said that it its more than 88% it's been adulterated, am I on the right track at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nocofee

What did you all say for the adulteration of milk by water? I'd never heard of it so I just guessed it completely. Described how to find the %water in milk etc and then just said that it its more than 88% it's been adulterated, am I on the right track at all?

My teacher had never heard of it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

There are 2 common methods of testing for adulteration by water.

1. pH Test. 'Pure Milk' has a pH of 6.5 -6.7. When water is added the pH neutralises to about 6.8 - 6.9.

2. 'Running' Test. Pour a milk sample onto a clear varnished surface. It should move slowly and leave a white trail. If it has been adulterated, it will run quickly and leave a clear trail.

Complements to our teacher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Nocofee wrote: »
    My teacher had never heard of it either!

same with ours

Advertisement