Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just had a quick on TZ and there were 3 or 4 listed with asking prices ranging from GBP350 to 450 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have a Grey Dawn Seiko Samurai, which I love, but really isn't seeing much wrist time.

Any ideas?

Keep in mind though that is a genuine limited edition and euro market only.There is a large seiko collectors market in Asia that will pay a small premium for it .Cheapest I've seen is 600euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thanks for the replies, lads, appreciate it. I would stress I am still on the fence and my questions were tentative, but I'll have a think about it for a few days and come back to those who've expressed an interest. Hope that's ok.

In the meantime, here's a couple of snaps of the actual watch which I posted in the other thread a while back. I'll put up some more current ones soon to show the "wear" on it.

Pic1

Pic2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I've a Timex Marlin mechanical that I purchased in Dec 17 in their first round of reissues. It's a beautiful piece but I really underestimated the size of it. I've worn it for about seven evenings since I got it (and mostly on a steel mesh strap) but it's been sitting pretty apart from that. It is a beautiful watch, I just know I'm never going to wear it.

MarlinTSAd2.jpg

Selling it with the original strap, box and a Watchgecko steel mesh strap for someone regular to here for €120 before I go to Adverts and have to put a haggle-tax onto it. Can put up actual images of the watch tomorrow if there's interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got a brand new, boxed Timex Expedition Camper for sale.
    Model : T42571

Looking for €25 delivered.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/timex-expedition-camper-t42571-brand-new-boxed/18404118

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

OldBean wrote: »
    I've a Timex Marlin mechanical that I purchased in Dec 17 in their first round of reissues. It's a beautiful piece but I really underestimated the size of it. I've worn it for about seven evenings since I got it (and mostly on a steel mesh strap) but it's been sitting pretty apart from that. It is a beautiful watch, I just know I'm never going to wear it.

MarlinTSAd2.jpg

Selling it with the original strap, box and a Watchgecko steel mesh strap for someone regular to here for €120 before I go to Adverts and have to put a haggle-tax onto it. Can put up actual images of the watch tomorrow if there's interest.

Am I correct in saying it's a 34mm, would be interested to see a wrist shot of it if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Am I correct in saying it's a 34mm, would be interested to see a wrist shot of it if you don't mind.

Yep, 34mm which is really why it never worked for me - I'm 6'4 and wrists are over 8"

It is a beautiful timepiece, espec when the sun hits the dial and it takes on a goldy-hue. Pics attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Anyone interested in an SKX007 on jubilee bracelet?

https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-skx007/18439550

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TAG HEUER AQUARACER AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH

looking for a grand on this, serviced a couple of months ago by my regular watch guy and keeping great time, everything working as it should

The internet isn’t for everyone

BREITLING Avenger Seawolf Chronograph Super Quartz €2100

recently serviced and working perfectly
    cracking watch and really stands out from the crowd due to its size, it is just shy of 49mm including the crown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

OmegaGene wrote: »
    BREITLING Avenger Seawolf Chronograph Super Quartz €2100

recently serviced and working perfectly
    cracking watch and really stands out from the crowd due to its size, it is just shy of 49mm including the crown

This is a beautiful piece IMO.
    GLWS!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A Seiko Tuna homage for sale - edit: provisionally marking this as sold.

Clearly a subtle piece as you can see, coming in at only 47mm across and in a delicate shade of green. Has a Seiko automatic movement and rated to 200m. Bezel is quite stiff to turn, I don't know if that's common for shrouded models.

100 ono.

48282158392_b811752d17_c.jpg

'nother pic here

OmegaGene wrote: »
    TAG HEUER AQUARACER AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH

looking for a grand on this, serviced a couple of months ago by my regular watch guy and keeping great time, everything working as it should

Sold

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

by chance is anyone selling a tag heuer formula 1 batman gmt? im in the market for one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Now that I'm almost back in the country putting my Bulova moonwatch up for sale again. Been in storage last three months.

http://www.adverts.ie/18543787

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

.....and it's sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

.....and it's sold!

Haha that was quick, it looks absolutely lovely. Would of had it myself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pjcc

Hi new to using boards however signed up long ago. Been on adverts and good rating if anyone needs to know that I’m ok to deal with. This is a wanted post, looking to pick up a Omega Seamaster 200 Pre Bond if anyone has and is willing to part. Preference is all stainless in 40mm with auto movement but willing to consider a well priced stainless mix or quartz. Preference is ref: 368.1041 with all links on bracelet.

Still available folks, if anyone has an older iPad pro id be interested in a trade deal.
    Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi folks,

Now that I'm almost back in the country putting my Bulova moonwatch up for sale again. Been in storage last three months.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Also testing the waters to see if anyone interested in my stowa marine Klassik.

http://www.adverts.ie/18649704

It's a beautiful watch and I won't sell I less I got a good offer but I feel since my aqua Terra seamaster arrived I might just keep that and my gshock and steinhard and leave it at that..
    Still available folks, if anyone has an older iPad pro id be interested in a trade deal.
    Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi folks,

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi folks,

I'm selling this vintage Rolex Oyster Royal https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/vintage-rolex-oyster-royal/17596815

There hasn't been much movement (pun unintended) and I'm wondering what people's thoughts are a) on the ad and b) if I should look elsewhere to sell?

It's a hand-wound working vintage Rolex Oyster Royal with sub-second dial.

Original Rolex Oyster movement dial and hands, housed in a non-Rolex 9ct gold cushion shaped case. Suspect it's a Dennison case but haven't confirmed this.

Mechanically in great condition for a watch of this age.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

In my opinion, a vintage Rolex around that price would be quite a niche market. On adverts you are only selling in Ireland so straight away you are limiting yourself there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Plus what will really impact the value is that it's not in its original Oyster case. No doubt a gold case that was melted down at some point. :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

https://ibb.co/PQyJxhq

Still available. Any boardsie want to grab a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

sparrowcar wrote: »
    https://ibb.co/PQyJxhq

Still available. Any boardsie want to grab a bargain.

That's lovely. Works really well on the mesh bracelet. I know it's cheeky, but if you can let it go for €250, I'll happily take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

unkel wrote: »
    That's lovely. Works really well on the mesh bracelet. I know it's cheeky, but if you can let it go for €250, I'll happily take it!

Thanks Unkel, little bit low but if you don't ask....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

In my opinion, a vintage Rolex around that price would be quite a niche market. On adverts you are only selling in Ireland so straight away you are limiting yourself there.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Plus what will really impact the value is that it's not in its original Oyster case. No doubt a gold case that was melted down at some point. :(

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah agreed, selling in Ireland is definitely limiting the reach of the ad, and it is quite a niche piece. I'm wondering is eBay the way to go for this type of sale. Does anyone have experience of selling watches through it? Or are there other platforms you could recommend?

I'm not a fan of selling through Chrono24 as it ties you into only selling through it for a 3 month period.

eljono wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah agreed, selling in Ireland is definitely limiting the reach of the ad, and it is quite a niche piece. I'm wondering is eBay the way to go for this type of sale. Does anyone have experience of selling watches through it? Or are there other platforms you could recommend?

I'm not a fan of selling through Chrono24 as it ties you into only selling through it for a 3 month period.

I'm no expert, but my belief is that Dennison were case (also bracelet?) manufacturers in Birmingham who Rolex used. You often see Dennison cased Rolex watches go for more than the Rolex cased equivalent (because there were less of them hence rarer), if provenance of the case is established, i.e. the case is signed by Dennison and is the original case for the watch.

If the case is after-market, i.e. the movement, dial, hands were re-cased having been removed from the original case then the value will be badly impacted, even more severely if the case manufacturer is unknown. A lot of people would see the price as being no more than the price of the rolex parts plus any precious metal value of the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Advertisement