Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline - Closed Beta - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Seems like there was a work around on the PS4. If you went into the Live From Playstation app, went into a stream of BF: Hardline there is a link to open the game in the PS store. From there you could download it. However it's not working for me, so perhaps they have closed it off now or they fixed the workaround, but worth trying anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Im pretty mixed, Its fun enough but theres nothing there that BF hasnt done far better. Maybe better for two close-coordinating groups to use tactical play but didnt see any of that tonight... just like jonski said, a bit css. It might get better in time, Ill keep going back to it for a few more days anyway to test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First impressions were that it's a BF game thats putting more emphasis on player skill with a rifle, over vehicles. And in respects, I kinda like that. I appreciate that BF has always been about big maps and vehicles but I think the infantry combat is some of the bes tin the business, and I wouldn't mind them taking a step away for an iteration to do something different.

BF4 still has PLENTY of life in it yet, so I'd imagine they envisage that keeping up the war aspect of the series for atleast another 18 months, which is fine by me, the game is barely starting to feel stale.

My immediate reaction to Hardline is that the guns feel wild. Recoil feels very sporadic on the rifles and shotguns and SMG's seemed to be winning the day.

The respawn element was a bit mental. Because of the concentrated fighting in certain areas of the map, people could randomly spawn behind you. It works well for BF in a wide open map, but when its concentrated fire around objectives in relatively tight quarters, not sure I like the spawn on team mate aspect.

Had some good games, people were being tactical and using vehicles well and I can see the potential here.

It's also possible that Hardline might be the first real viable entry into E-sports for the franchise, don't know if thats the intention, but its possible. The previous ones have tried but have fallen pretty flat.

It's early days yet, so I'd say I'll keep myself open to change and something new. If it does end up being just a CS MOD, hopefully the price reflects that, but I could probably say already at this early stage I'll probably be a buyer, since BF has rarely to never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheDoc wrote: »
    If it does end up being just a CS MOD, hopefully the price reflects that, but I could probably say already at this early stage I'll probably be a buyer, since BF has rarely to never let me down.

It won't. The price will almost certainly be the same as BF4 - €59.99 for regular and €69.99 for "digital deluxe" which is completely ridiculous. Looks like another simplycdkeys purchase for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Didnt play it yet but dont the character animinations looks very amateurish?

Also, what is the player count on the BETA?

I think vehicles are very important, too much infantry gets boring very fast... thats why I love BF as you can pop into a jet, boat, chopper, tank, IFV etc to mix it. Variety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is it 64 player?

Haha, i see my M16A3 is back whoop, whoop.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone else find it somewhat disorientating?

Sometimes I'm left wondering what objective I'm supposed to be completing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

haha it kind of was at first but I have the hang of it now. Your grand though 90% of players haven't a breeze whats going on

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

KonFusion wrote: »
    Anyone else find it somewhat disorientating?

Sometimes I'm left wondering what objective I'm supposed to be completing.

Only played 3 games a little earlier, and I found that to be the case, though I usually find that to be the case with any FPS game starting out! Need to sort out the controls though when I play it again later as I was in a rush earlier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

UdxamzX.gif

• Advertisement

They are letting in more people again, look out for a code in your inbox if you signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

What's the hit detection like? Do you still get killed behind walls.
    Is destruction improved or is it the same as Bf4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Played a few games of the Heist mode last night on PS4. Very similar to Obliteration.

I'd agree with a previous comment that it looks and feels very much like a BF4 mod. Playing style, menus, deathcam, classes etc all the same. I'm sure once people get used to it some of the tactics to each class and team will start coming into play but most people last night we're running around shooting wildly.

For some reason they've changed the vehicle controls on PS4 so that the two paddles control accelerate and reverse which enabled me to plow a couple of choppers straight into the first building I could find.

Now that Hardline is a new IP I think it is time they increased BF classes to 6 so there is a notable gap between the two games.

6 classes is needed

What would those classes be?

I dunno, I never played BF2 but liked the sound of the classes.

Certainly 5 classes so it aligns with the squad size but I really think medic and assault should be split and so too should recon and sniper.

Otherwise Hardline is just a reskined BF, having different classes would at least make the games more different but still similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

catch--22 wrote: »
    Played a few games of the Heist mode last night on PS4. Very similar to Obliteration.

I'd agree with a previous comment that it looks and feels very much like a BF4 mod. Playing style, menus, deathcam, classes etc all the same. I'm sure once people get used to it some of the tactics to each class and team will start coming into play but most people last night we're running around shooting wildly.

For some reason they've changed the vehicle controls on PS4 so that the two paddles control accelerate and reverse which enabled me to plow a couple of choppers straight into the first building I could find.

back to bf3 control scheme !! yes !!

fergus1001 wrote: »
    back to bf3 control scheme !! yes !!

This is fair annoying... i wish the control system was just the same, will be awkward when flipping back and forth between games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

catch--22 wrote: »

Not half jealous here or anything! But how in the name of all that's good did you get access to the beta. I'm sick waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I tried signing up for the PS4 beta the day after it was announced, it all went perfect but there's still no confirmation email up as far as today. I presume it's full & I didn't get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Myrddin wrote: »
    I tried signing up for the PS4 beta the day after it was announced, it all went perfect but there's still no confirmation email up as far as today. I presume it's full & I didn't get in?

Same as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Me too, on the day it was announced, haven't heard a dickie bird.

Keep an eye on your inbox as they are sending out more invites when they re-open access, which they do pretty much every day (judging by their twitter account anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

registered on day 1, still no email but game just appeared Origin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    registered on day 1, still no email but game just appeared Origin

Thanks, I just checked and its just appeared in my Origin too, I registered straight away 5 minutes after it was announced but have still not received any email or anything like that.

UPDATE : I just checked my email, they have just sent it to me. So maybe you do still need to receive an email to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How many players is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Downloading a 5.18GB patch .

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

If you have not got the beta yea contact EA live chat and got the beta added your account.
    Finally I get to check this out.

• Advertisement

jackoire wrote: »
    If you have not got the beta yea contact EA live chat and got the beta added your account.
    Finally I get to check this out.

I'm gonna throw a tantrum and say a big "f**k off" to EA...if you don't want to give me closed beta, I don't want closed beta! :D

Advertisement