Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keypad Warriors/Forum Mental People

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

catallus wrote: »
    Anybody?

Youre not really meant to know that, why do you need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Did ye get that yellow in the end? :P

Oh yeh :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Anybody?

Bueller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

How would I go about finding out who has me on their ignore list?
    People seem to like announcing that they are adding you to their ignore list. It's very dramatic and obviously soul crushing for the ignoree.

People seem to like announcing that they are adding you to their ignore list. It's very dramatic and obviously soul crushing for the ignoree.

Earlier, a stroppy poster told me I should put him on ignore. Well I won't! IN YER FAAAAACE!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Its to get the last word in, dunno about being dramatic though, i rarely put people on ignore, but id usually state that i am putting them on ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Ignore lists only exist so people can stroppily proclaim to others that they have put them on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Announcing that you're putting a poster on ignore gets you a yellow in the Soccer Forum.

Muise... wrote: »
    Earlier, a stroppy poster told me I should put him on ignore. Well I won't! IN YER FAAAAACE!!!! :pac:
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn. :D
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Announcing that you're putting a poster on ignore gets you a yellow in the Soccer Forum.
    Good idea, sometimes it appears very childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Hitchens

there's a few on boards.ie and no matter what thread is started on a certain subject, their little heads pop up around #18 or so................always, without fail, mental is no word for them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I've seen a poster tell people they're putting them on ignore but then quoting/interacting with them afterwards, so they've either not put them on ignore at all and just said it for show, or put them on ignore extremely briefly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I love ignore. Sometimes I get all hot and bothered about people's BS, other times its nyeh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Yis are all on my ignore list.

Hitchens wrote: »
    there's a few on boards.ie and no matter what thread is started on a certain subject, their little heads pop up around #18 or so................always, without fail, mental is no word for them :pac:
    Paranoia is setting in now, I feel like I should check my posts to see how often I've been the 18th poster. :pac:

Catallus, I put you on ignore to feed your curiosity

That Backwards Man is such a blackguard, isn't he? :pac:

That Backwards Man is such a blackguard, isn't he? :pac:
    No need to be so nice, he'll never know.

No need to be so nice, he'll never know.

Oh yeah! He's a thunderin blackguard. :pac:

took you off again, I have 31 users on ignore. Not too bad.

Oh yeah! He's a thunderin blackguard. :pac:

and a communist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I think the whole of boards have me on ignore lol
    I always have something uninteresting to say :-)

efb wrote: »
    and a communist.

Yay, I'm not one of efb's Section 31. :D

Geomy wrote: »
    I think the whole of boards have me on ignore lol
    I always have something uninteresting to say :-)
    I don't have anybody on my ignore list, so I'll listen to you!

the scary question is: are they just stone bonkers when sat at a keyboard or are they like that all the time? :eek:

the scary question is: are they just stone bonkers when sat at a keyboard or are they like that all the time? :eek:
    Tell us who the mysterious 18th posters are and we'll speculate.

Could be either. Anyone I've encountered in real life who's a right anti-social troll is normal away from the keyboard. Bizarrely so, actually.

Tell us who the mysterious 18th posters are and we'll speculate.
    I'd rather not be murdered in my sleep, if you don't mind :p

Magaggie wrote: »
    Could be either. Anyone I've encountered in real life who's a right anti-social troll is normal away from the keyboard. Bizarrely so, actually.
    that is actually scary! :eek:

Magaggie wrote: »

Really???

• Advertisement

that is actually scary! :eek:
    Well I don't know. It makes sense that people would act differently under anonymity in a place far from the people they're dealing with.
    Even people who aren't trying to get a rise/aren't out to tear people to shreds might be a bit different online without intending to be (I've no doubt I can be). It's such a different dynamic to real life.

Advertisement