Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keypad Warriors/Forum Mental People

Options
  • 09-06-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Has anyone have had experience with this kinda person

I am on betfair Horsey Forum sometimes and I have a stalker. He literally follows me from thread to thread constantly annoying me. Over the course of a week he will easily mention me 10 Times, even If im not around

I often see my brother on a Soccer forum and his also looking to get bites. He would say black is white just to get a rise and his 5 times more brave from behind his keypad than in real life

Have you had an internet/Forum stalker before? Are they usually just mental? How do you deal with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It's not a real internet argument until posters start using the words 'strawman' and 'ad hominem' to turn the thread into turgid pedantic quasilogical rubbish. I used to be troll until I learned a bit of sense.

Quasilogical. I like that word.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Specialun wrote: »

I am on betfair Horsey Forum sometimes and I have a stalker. He literally follows me from thread to thread constantly annoying me. Over the course of a week he will easily mention me 10 Times, even If im not around

I often see my brother on a Soccer forum and his also looking to get bites. He would say black is white just to get a rise and his 5 times more brave from behind his keypad than in real life

Have you had an internet/Forum stalker before? Are they usually just mental? How do you deal with them

The Betfair Forum, oh lord! Some of the stuff in the 'Irish Sports' section is comical, every thread just turns into a mudslinging contest between the same 5 or 6 posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It's not a real internet argument until posters start using the words 'strawman' and 'ad hominem' to turn the thread into turgid pedantic quasilogical rubbish. I used to be troll until I learned a bit of sense.

Quasilogical. I like that word.
    Quasilogical is oxymoronic therefore your point is moot.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Quasilogical is oxymoronic therefore your point is moot.

That's a strawman argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's a strawman argument.

Ad hominen

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Ad hominen

You need to fix your joke detector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Indubitably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

There's 3 other Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga... accounts registered on here, I don't know why but its true. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

"Heavens Enders in the 3:40, fill your boot"
    *horse comes last*
    "lol, ramp"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Is there not an ignore option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Is there not an ignore option?

Yep, gotta love the ignore list for people like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

When I was younger (early teens) I'd go on Yahoo and troll the religious and atheist forums by asking questions that would obviously get a rise out of people. It amused me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

What type of tissues did you get for the world cup, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Valetta wrote: »
    What type of tissues did you get for the world cup, OP?

I guess I should push the boat out considering it only comes around every 4 yrs. Probably Kleenex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

I semi-troll a political forum. Theres definitely one guy that comes to mind - anything and everything even loosely associated with his political rivals is stupid, wrong, smelly etc.

If you were to say that his rivals got a Ferrari you'd be hearing about how mussolini had one too and how his country produces a much better vehicle due to their superior genetics.

It took about 2 posts to realise he was probably genuinely bonkers, I keep a distance now, just so I dont hear back that he did himself and 5 members of the public in after being trolled by me online, but I do have to laugh at the incredible rants.

You have cake ?? - ha !!, we invented the biscuit, hitler ate cake all the time, but not biscuits. That kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I am on betfair Horsey Forum sometimes and I have a stalker. He literally follows me from thread to thread constantly annoying me. Over the course of a week he will easily mention me 10 Times, even If im not around......

Haha..........found ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Tbh if that happens to you then you should take it as a sign you're spending way too much time on whatever it is you're being stalked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You need to fix your joke detector.

And you need....to shut up ; D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

In Elder Days these were known as Usenet Kooks. Dave Tholen, Flatfish++, Ed Thorne... ah, that takes me back. As Tholen himself would say: Classic invective, laced with irony.

This is a rough spotter's guide to the various types of newsgroup poster. It's a bit old-school, but largely holds true on more modern forums:

http://messybeast.com/dragonqueen/newsgroup-users.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

statss wrote: »
    The entire Man Utd thread in the soccer forum is unbelievable. Thread needs a nuke of all current regular posters.

Timmyctc wrote: »

Epic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I had a strange one on Facebook. Followed me Dunnes one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I had a strange one on Facebook. Followed me Dunnes one day.

Go On Spill..................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Go On Spill..................

It was a friend of a friend and he lives nearby and id talk to him on facebook but he was prone to going off on a rant and threatening to kill people. He came up to me and stared into my face in Dunnes with a mad grin on hs face. That was all. Only realised who the werdo n Dunnes was when he said it on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

How would I go about finding out who has me on their ignore list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Timmyctc wrote: »

Cya in 3 months timmy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Cya in 3 months timmy :o

Did ye get that yellow in the end? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

catallus wrote: »
    How would I go about finding out who has me on their ignore list?

They don't speak, text, or email you

Next ……

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Anybody?

Advertisement