Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

eastwest wrote: »
    I love the place, menu isn't extensive but they could solve that if they moved to the 'freezer/microwave' model.
    Problem may be their insistence on using fresh ingredients, they might be better off buying in factory made dishes instead of doing everything from scratch.
    I don't find them dear, and I like that you can watch it all happening. I hope it survives too, there's nothing else of that standard on the north side of the city.

You should try Wuff in Stoneybatter..nicer cheaper fab...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

Zipppy wrote: »
    Tried Wuff a couple of times, had breakfast as well as the early bird, and I'd go back occasionally again, but Lorettas beats it on taste and quality imo.
    But maybe Lorettas puts too much emphasis on the quality side, if they 'dumbed down' their food a bit they could make it cheaper.
    I hope they don't, by the way, I like it the way it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I like wuff , would not say it is much/any cheaper than Lorettas .
    portions are smaller and reckon your paying same price just getting less food.

I like Lorettas too but its not some bastion of great quality food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Looks like that scaffolding on the bookies is coming down ..no exciting changes, seems like it was just the roof after all.

Until next time, hip new establishment....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Is the bookies even for sale, or sold? Or is the landlord just sitting on it for some reason? There's a number of franchise businesses that could prosper there. The footfall is massive and with the incoming new hotel it'd be a great time to get in.

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Looks like that scaffolding on the bookies is coming down ..no exciting changes, seems like it was just the roof after all.

Until next time, hip new establishment....

yep..scaffolding down...

Ah well...

Next time...

What's in the Black church these days ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a few businesses in it. An alarm company and then a couple that do advertising and company formation.

spurious wrote: »
    There are a few businesses in it. An alarm company and then a couple that do advertising and company formation.

Ah ok..I was passing by and was wondering..good to see it put to use...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭De Bhál

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »

good news for the locality...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

the bald eagle lot will be delighted ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

the more choice the better

its very close to the Back Page though nice run now from there to stoneybatter really the phn/whitworth had really lost its way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

phn/whitworth had really lost its way

I always get the impression they didn't know what they wanted to be.

Early evening is like a restaurant but by the time you've finished your dinner is starting to turn up the music and become like a nightclub.

On top of that, they have a nice outside are but never seemed to promote it or push it past a generic smoking area.

The more that good quality venues open up in an area, the better for everyone. Rising tide, boats etc.

the more choice the better

its very close to the Back Page though nice run now from there to stoneybatter really the phn/whitworth had really lost its way

“Racket” seems the name they went for.

Obviously I wish well to everyone opening up business in the area but with the Back Page close by and Bonobo not far and closer to town targeting more or less the same crowd it’s a big gamble IMO. That said, Bodytonic usually know what they are doing so im curious to see what happens...

If they set up at least a couple of food stalls they had in Eatyard I’d be happy enough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Back page is nearly always heaving. So they won't be hit.

I hope Bodytonic gut the place, especially the beer garden. I've been going since PHN first opened and after an initial success it's been on a downward spiral ever since. The layout isn't great, two two-tiered bar system in the main area takes away from the atmosphere and creates two separate areas, with no natural light on one side. If they're keeping an extensive menu so be it, but they could get rid of the hot counter upstairs and widen out that space. And the 3rd floor is a no-go with the heat from the kitchens. I've never taken to the beer garden so anything would be an improvement for me.

https://the-racket-space.com/

pretty bland/ordinary stuff at the moment but sure it's early days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

The feckin price of a guin[n]ess! :eek:

• Advertisement

Dunphus wrote: »

I'd be surprised if that was the final menu as there is no brewtonic, rascals, or hopfully on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Live around the corner, excited at this!

Someone had told me once, the people behind the Whitworth were also the folks who owned the bald eagle [whcih would be my local] - never bothered to check or verify that, so might be bull**** :)

Live around the corner, excited at this!

Someone had told me once, the people behind the Whitworth were also the folks who owned the bald eagle [whcih would be my local] - never bothered to check or verify that, so might be bull**** :)

AFAIK it was originally opened by the porterhouse. Then at one point the lease was taken over by the same guys as the bald eagle. Then when it was renamed the Whitworth it was taken back by porterhouse.

Glasnevin, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.....:confused:

Classic Southsiders :P

Dunphus wrote: »

Looks like a typical 'chicken ding' menu, where anyone can put out the food without a chef ever seeing it.
    Still, let's wait and see. Any reviews would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭seanino

Yeah I would have thought this was glasnevin which officially finishes at cross gun bridge and then phisborough starts!?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Glasnevin has to be the worst defined area of Dublin, seeing as it takes up about a third of the entire Northside depending on where you're trying to pretend not to be (Finglas, Ballymun, Santry, etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭seanino

true that - but I don't think phibsborogh, drumcondra have the same problem of them pretending to be glasnevin as the other areas you mention

L1011 wrote: »
    Glasnevin has to be the worst defined area of Dublin, seeing as it takes up about a third of the entire Northside depending on where you're trying to pretend not to be (Finglas, Ballymun, Santry, etc etc)
    Glasnevin is the Terenure of the north side -- it knows no bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

“Racket” seems the name they went for.

That's a little tip of the hat to the tennis club next door I assume.

Advertisement