Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis Lowers Fertility so says the Examiner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hmmm. I'm not sure if I think this is a good thing or not.

On one hand, 3 of the buggers running around, and getting all up in my grill when I'm getting my smoke on, is enough.

On the other hand, the extra children's allowance payment would really help to pay for all the weed I smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Freddie Dodge

Natural selection. Less stoners. Good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Are you stoned? Fewer stoners, you mean. Tsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Considering the birth-rate of dublin (especially the council estates) I would say no weed does not lower fertility.

In-fact most of the symptoms the anti-drug crowd espouse are all just lies. It impacts mental health when most psychologists dont actually know what is causing psychosis or schizophrenia. Even though cases drop while weed smokers go up.

Tell us more about how cannabis and psychosis are not related...I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Karl Stein wrote: »
    In Holland they give out free joints to the kids in school to keep them quiet but you don't hear the Examiner complain about that.

Examiner is an Irish newspaper so maybe don't need to take a view in this ?

Anyways it's hardly news, fags, alcohol, hash, poor diet etc. all have a negative effect on sperm and other.

Doesn't mean you can't have kids even with these, just all things being equal they don't help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Jezek wrote: »
    Tell us more about how cannabis and psychosis are not related...I'm all ears.

Because cases of psychosis have gone down since the 90's while use of weed has gone up and according to doctors on the no side has stronger levels of THC, what does that tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Examiner is an Irish newspaper so maybe don't need to take a view in this ?

Anyways it's hardly news, fags, alcohol, hash, poor diet etc. all have a negative effect on sperm and other.

Doesn't mean you can't have kids even with these,just all things being equal they don't help

Can we throw Garda, sunbeds, tofu, jockey backs, and tight socks into that mix too please

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Because cases of psychosis have gone down since the 90's while use of weed has gone up and according to doctors on the no side has stronger levels of THC, what does that tell you?

tells me you don't understand the matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Jezek wrote: »
    tells me you don't understand the matter :)

enlighten me then don't just say im wrong, prove it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

"Natural selection" would result in more stoners. It's irrelevant though because this "natural selection" thing is referring to cavemen and far too simplistic to have any relevance to modern society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

FISMA wrote: »
    You sound doubtful.

Doesn't anyone remember the warning labels that stated "smoking damages the sperm" on cigarettes?

Do you doubt there is a causative relationship between smoking tobacco and decreased sperm count?

Probabilistically speaking, I would say smoking cannabis has a similar effect on sperm as tobacco.

Well I am doubtful. I don't think you could compare it to cigarettes, they are made up of completely different substances!

Honestly, I know nothing about the arguments for and against cannabis, the pros and cons, advantages disadvantages etc I just like to smoke the stuff. :pac: So thought I'd ask the beautiful people of AH to see what they thought! General consensus seems to be that it's BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Fantastic. Another good reason to use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

at 7.2 billion, we're about 3/4 billion too many. bring on the infertility :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

So smoking joints is like wearing tighty whities, then, and in both cases you can reverse the effect if you stop doing it? Stop the Presses! :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement