Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a cat person?

Options
13»

Comments

nm wrote: »

This Guy is shameful, what a complete arse hole. To treat his cat like this, it's really no wonder he attacks him, this isn't a reflection of the cats nature, more Human nature.

I feel really sorry for the cat to put up with an arse hole owner like that, arse hole is being too kind !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

No. Cats are sharp-clawed furry snakes in disguise. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

top madra wrote: »

and you think cats can't have similar?

My cat gets depressed and sulky when I'm not around for a few days.

If I'm having a rough day, my cat is the first pet to come to me and spend hours with me.

Most people don't give the same kind of attention to their cat that they do their dog. Or they get upset with their cat because it didn't want to be petted when the owner wanted to pet it.
    And then owners wonder why their cat doesn't care much about them.

Also people mistake a cat walking away/avoiding you when you just came home from work as them not caring about you. In fact often they will specifically show you they around and walk away as a way showing they are upset you left in the first place.

Cats are very different to dogs, and if you try to treat them the same way, well it's no wonder most people don't have a good bond with cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This Guy is shameful, what a complete arse hole. To treat his cat like this, it's really no wonder he attacks him, this isn't a reflection of the cats nature, more Human nature.

I feel really sorry for the cat to put up with an arse hole owner like that, arse hole is being too kind !!!

He's not mistreating the cat you clown, he's explained it in the comments even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Oh yeah, YouTube comments - where facts and reason rule.

He is mistreating that cat - don't see how anyone could watch a video of someone tormenting an animal and find otherwise.

• Advertisement

You're the clown if you call what he did in the video not mistreating the cat.

Treating the cat like a fool for his entertainment. Putting remote controls and other things on him WTF ? idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Tarzana wrote: »
    Yes, love them. BUT you need to be so careful with female cats, they can get pregnant ridiculously young. They can get pregnant before the age at which vets are permitted to neuter them so you have to get them indoors until the op is done, and away from any unneutered male cats you may have.

I have to say, overall, I've always found dogs more disruptive at night. The barking...

This happened to ours. She went into season at 5 months :( Our vet had told us to bring her in at 6 months.

I'd take a cat sh1tting in my garden any day rather than the neighbours poxy little progeny disturbing my precious peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Lou.m wrote: »
    I volunteer at the DSPCA and walk the dogs and groom the cats horses anything!

DSPAC cats have their own horses? How is this allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Muise... wrote: »

He is mistreating that cat - don't see how anyone could watch a video of someone tormenting an animal and find otherwise.

I annoy the hell out of my cat and he has never EVER bit or scratched me ever!! The only time he bites me is to wake me up in the morning, usually a gentle toe bite (the little boll*cks). He has never left a mark on me, I think we annoy each other equally. :pac:

There is a reason why that cat is the way he is!! Cats do not behave like the cat shown in that video if you treat them properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

and you think cats can't have similar?

My cat gets depressed and sulky when I'm not around for a few days.

If I'm having a rough day, my cat is the first pet to come to me and spend hours with me.

Most people don't give the same kind of attention to their cat that they do their dog. Or they get upset with their cat because it didn't want to be petted when the owner wanted to pet it.
    And then owners wonder why their cat doesn't care much about them.

Also people mistake a cat walking away/avoiding you when you just came home from work as them not caring about you. In fact often they will specifically show you they around and walk away as a way showing they are upset you left in the first place.

Cats are very different to dogs, and if you try to treat them the same way, well it's no wonder most people don't have a good bond with cats.

Take the sand out of your ****** princess I never said anything bad about cats, but thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement

Treating the cat like a fool for his entertainment. Putting remote controls and other things on him WTF ? idiot.

I have to agree. Putting light plastic remote controls on a cat is a form of mistreatment and torture. I believe the Japanese did this to human POWs during world war 2. Real sick stuff.

Just watched that vid.....

If that was my cat it would be getting drop kicked over the fence for carrying on like that, poor kid.

Take the sand out of your ****** princess I never said anything bad about cats, but thanks for sharing.

Wow - that is an hysterically OTT reaction to a friendly post. No one said you said anything bad about cats; someone just explained that you can bond with a cat as you wrote you have a bond with a dog. Sounds like you have a whole litter tray in your ****** - whatever those *s are hiding.

Wow - that is an hysterically OTT reaction to a friendly post. No one said you said anything bad about cats; someone just explained that you can bond with a cat as you wrote you have a bond with a dog. Sounds like you have a whole litter tray in your ****** - whatever those *s are hiding.

Actually her first sentence is putting words in my mouth before he/she goes off on a ramble..
    I was merely responding to the other cat lover.

Thanks for the input though.

Jaysus temper temper. Human version of Bon Jovi you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I like cats, dogs are too needy, it makes me laugh when someone thinks that their dog has a special bond with them, a dog will have that bond with any person who shows them attention and feeds them.

A bond with any person? You obviously don't know dogs.

Comments made by the guy who created the video, the only person who actually knows the cat and how the cat is treated.

The remote control! Call the cops.. no wait, that's the only part where the cat actually didn't mind.

Many ex-wild cats will act like that, it's just the way they are.

I have one, he is most definitely NOT abused but will throw out an aul bite every now n again. OTT reaction.

Comments made by the guy who created the video, the only person who actually knows the cat and how the cat is treated.

The remote control! Call the cops.. no wait, that's the only part where the cat actually didn't mind.

Many ex-wild cats will act like that, it's just the way they are.

I have one, he is most definitely NOT abused but will throw out an aul bite every now n again. OTT reaction.

Ah here, that cat clearly wants to be left alone. The kid won't leave him alone, and pokes and prods at him for fun. I don't care how he defends himself - I don't think you should annoy anyone or any animal like that.

Ah here, that cat clearly wants to be left alone. The kid won't leave him alone, and pokes and prods at him for fun. I don't care how he defends himself - I don't think you should annoy anyone or any animal like that.

Ok fair enough, but approaching a cat and torturing it or whatever the first post on this said are two extremely different levels of scale. Let's not fly overboard here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Wow they kill birds. What about birds killing worms?

Not to mention that birds have a brood of several young EACH year. If there was no culling you'd have a face full of feathers each time you stepped outside your front door. It seems gory and nasty but this is the real world that humans have chosen to insulate themselves from over millenia. In fact - if there is an imbalance now - it is the need for a human cull. That meteor is hurtling/virus is incubating/volcano is bubbling away as we speak. Balance is what nature strives towards.

• Advertisement

Ok fair enough, but approaching a cat and torturing it or whatever the first post on this said are two extremely different levels of scale. Let's not fly overboard here.

I wrote "torment", which I'd use for an extreme annoyance - it's a silly, old-fashioned use of the word. But that treatment - whatever you call it - means the cat never gets to be a nice friendly creature - in effect, that kid is training the cat to be aggressive.

The only saving grace is that cats hiss and lash out, then try to get away - I don't think he'd dare treat a dog like that, but I'd have a sneaky spot of schadenfreude if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

topper75 wrote: »
    Not to mention that birds have a brood of several young EACH year. If there was no culling you'd have a face full of feathers each time you stepped outside your front door. It seems gory and nasty but this is the real world that humans have chosen to insulate themselves from over millenia. In fact - if there is an imbalance now - it is the need for a human cull. That meteor is hurtling/virus is incubating/volcano is bubbling away as we speak. Balance is what nature strives towards.

Actually, native songbird populations are declining because of loss of habitat, and predation by non-native predators, like cats, doesn't help. It's estimated that in the UK cats kill at least 55 million birds annually.

If you won't keep you cat confined to your property at least keep them in around dusk and dawn, which is when they hunt most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Depends where you draw the limits of the ecosystem. On our road (rural - plenty trees and hedgerows - about two miles long) there are about six to eight cats at work. No shortage of birds and a good diversity of same. We have two cats. Only one really hunts. He takes about a bird a week in the summer and maybe one a month in the colder months. I can't give you any science on it but this seems within reason to me on gut instinct. Suburban setups would be totally different so hence those UK figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

topper75 wrote: »
    Depends where you draw the limits of the ecosystem. On our road (rural - plenty trees and hedgerows - about two miles long) there are about six to eight cats at work. No shortage of birds and a good diversity of same. We have two cats. Only one really hunts. He takes about a bird a week in the summer and maybe one a month in the colder months. I can't give you any science on it but this seems within reason to me on gut instinct. Suburban setups would be totally different so hence those UK figures.

The hardest hit are house sparrows and starlings, which would tend to be more urban birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

This guy is a cruel idiot. The cat is trapped with him and is being followed around the house and harassed by the guy. The guy is provoking him in order to get a video to upload. The cat is obviously wary of him, possibly from years of experience of similar abuse. What a complete and utter cnut that guy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cats are unforgiving ****ers, step on one once and it will flee from you for ever, I have had many cats over the years always had a good laugh at them chasing string or trying their best to pounce on a bird, scratchy bastards though, would go dog over cat though 9/10 times, one of my cats tops the list of pets I had as a kid he is the 1/10.

Advertisement