Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** LC History 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aimeexgx

Movement for political and social reform: Unionism and Parnell/Butt
    D&D: Nazi State & Propaganda, Stalin/Lenin and Mussolini
    Nation States: Wilhelm II, Serbia (never come up before) and Tsarist Russia

For nation states maybe why ww1 started? ie colony's, naval race etc? seeing as its the anniversary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aimeexgx

Any tips for Nation states and movement for political and social reform?
    why did we do such terrible topics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

Does anyone do Division and Realignment + Politics and Society in N.Ireland??? If so any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 spacefly123

i've been highly urged by my teacher that moon landing will be coming up.

everone think anglo-irish treaty for document? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 zvseire

Will studying essays on lyndon b johnson, hitler, cultural nationalism and belfast during ww2 be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

i've been highly urged by my teacher that moon landing will be coming up.

everone think anglo-irish treaty for document? :)

Yeah i think so too! Do you know any for NI? And yeah cuz it's the most difficult but the SEC could put a twist on it and put one of the other ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

zvseire wrote: »
    Will studying essays on lyndon b johnson, hitler, cultural nationalism and belfast during ww2 be enough.

Probably not.

hopefully :D nah sorry we didnt do that topic

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

iamthestig wrote: »
    Does anyone do Division and Realignment + Politics and Society in N.Ireland??? If so any ideas??

I do Division and Realignment! im thinking Hungarian uprising and the oil crisis maybe, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

Would it be possible to leave out US Civil Rights and the Space Race, and just do LBJ, Vietnam and US foreign policy 1945-89?

Also in Movements for social and political reform doesn't a question in some from come up on cultural nationalism and the Lockout almost every year? So would I be covered on these?

And for Dictatorship & Democracy our teacher says he'd almost guarantee Nazi Propaganda, Stalin/Lenin and Mussolini.

Anglo-Irish Treaty is pretty guaranteed isn't it?

• Advertisement

MrAweesome wrote: »
    I do Division and Realignment! im thinking Hungarian uprising and the oil crisis maybe, you?

Yeah I was thinking the same. Maybe a question on the whole Sovietisation thing. And perhaps Vactican II

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

JD244 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to leave out US Civil Rights and the Space Race, and just do LBJ, Vietnam and US foreign policy 1945-89?

Also in Movements for social and political reform doesn't a question in some from come up on cultural nationalism and the Lockout almost every year? So would I be covered on these?

And for Dictatorship & Democracy our teacher says he'd almost guarantee Nazi Propaganda, Stalin/Lenin and Mussolini.

Anglo-Irish Treaty is pretty guaranteed isn't it?

Yeah I'm sure just Foreign Policy is grand for America :)
    And you never know with the document! They could throw something funny out like the Congress because it's quite Irish orientated??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

How many pages do ye aim to write on each long essay?

And is anyone else waaay more nervous for History than any other subject? It's so intimidating!

plmko wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure just Foreign Policy is grand for America :)
    And you never know with the document! They could throw something funny out like the Congress because it's quite Irish orientated??

I'd say there's a high chance of the Congress since the last one was actually held in Dublin in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

iamthestig wrote: »
    I'd say there's a high chance of the Congress since the last one was actually held in Dublin in 2012.

I was thinking this too, but my teacher thinks its too 'easy' for higher level but who knows what they will throw at us.

I was thinking this too, but my teacher thinks its too 'easy' for higher level but who knows what they will throw at us.

With everyone is expecting the treaty, its very like Heaney in English. But yeah who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

what are people studying for ordianry level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ib2014

I have a good essay on the moon landing if anyone wants it just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mono2

Does anyone do Movements for political and social reform? If so any tips on what to look over? It's the one section I'm kind of freaking out over!!

Anyone know if you'd get marked down in history for some spelling mistakes? I've been reading over old tests and noticed I've a few errors in my spelling due to being under pressure with getting finished in time. My teacher never marked me down for it or said anything about it, should it be okay? It's usually only a handful of mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mono2

Anyone know if you'd get marked down in history for some spelling mistakes? I've been reading over old tests and noticed I've a few errors in my spelling due to being under pressure with getting finished in time. My teacher never marked me down for it or said anything about it, should it be okay? It's usually only a handful of mistakes.

As far as I know, no you don't get marked on spelling especially if it's only a few mistakes😊 I'd say just be careful to spell things like the names of policies and that correctly and you'll be okay

mono2 wrote: »
    As far as I know, no you don't get marked on spelling especially if it's only a few mistakes😊 I'd say just be careful to spell things like the names of policies and that correctly and you'll be okay

Thanks :) Yeah the incorrect spellings usually words like 'especially' etc, not names or policies so it should be okay I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 HitlerFTW

Hey I'm looking for a B1 but I've always been a crammer so I basically know nothing atm.. Do you think because it's D-day anniversary this year hitlers foreign policy might come up? Or any aspect of hitler.. I'm trying to eliminate one dictator from my study but I'm worried only one will come up and then I'll have no choice as I've never bothered with social/economic aspects of the course..

HitlerFTW wrote: »
    Hey I'm looking for a B1 but I've always been a crammer so I basically know nothing atm.. Do you think because it's D-day anniversary this year hitlers foreign policy might come up? Or any aspect of hitler.. I'm trying to eliminate one dictator from my study but I'm worried only one will come up and then I'll have no choice as I've never bothered with social/economic aspects of the course..

hard to take a gamble on that topic, its been 100 years since the first home rule bill so hoping that makes an influence anyway

hard to take a gamble on that topic, its been 100 years since the first home rule bill so hoping that makes an influence anyway

It's irritating because it's a min of 7 essays when narrowed down 😠ah we don't do that topic, history's the one subject that's hard to predict really..

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

plmko wrote: »
    Nah man, facts!
    They're what you get marks for, and of course you answering the question!
    History is quite logical is you take a step back from all the information.

Yeah that's the way I look at it. I never wrote much essays until recently, I think I only did 4 outside exams before Christmas :pac:

I never really read over ones I've done though.

Unfortunately I've completely neglected Chemistry, Physics and Applied Maths due to doing History essays now, oh well. I'll just blame the teacher :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

Hi everyone
    just wondering what the story is about Section 2 and 3. I see some years you're asked to answer to questions on Ireland and one on Europe and the wider world and other years its one on Ireland and two on Europe and the wider world. Can someone please explain this to me? Will we have to answer one or two from Section 2 or one or two from Section 3? really confused!!!

Hi everyone
    just wondering what the story is about Section 2 and 3. I see some years you're asked to answer to questions on Ireland and one on Europe and the wider world and other years its one on Ireland and two on Europe and the wider world. Can someone please explain this to me? Will we have to answer one or two from Section 2 or one or two from Section 3? really confused!!!
    Whatever you've studied will be there, it's just one essay from each section you've studied..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

There are some sample essays here -

http://leavingcerthistory.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Hi everyone

It depends on what section the case study is from. The case study is Irish this year and next, so we only do one essay from Section 2 :)

Last year it was a European topic (decolonisation), hence one had to do two Irish essays. We're the lucky ones :D

Advertisement