Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Mullen Memorial League 2014

Options
  • 06-06-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

Our Mark Mullen Memorial road league will take place this year on 6 x Mon nights kicking off on Mon Night June 23rd and will run every Mon night up to and including Mon night July 28th.
    Sign on each evening will be outside the school in Donore village with the race each night approx 40km run on a handicap basis.As has been the norm each ability group usually has its night to battle it out as the handicappers get to work.Minimum requirement is a club competition licence.Entry each night is e4 and e1 for the kids.Ride one night or ride them all,its up to you.No prizes for each round,but prizes at the end including the youths.
    Few small changes this year
    1 Best 5 results out of the 6 x nights to count.This is to accommodate riders who may have to take 1 x night off to drive/marshall etc.
    2 Riders must have competed in 4 of the 6 rounds to be eligible for the final prizes.
    Start time each night 7.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Super little mid-summers league, love the Donore circuit, looking forward to the Monday night suffering!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Just a reminder, this will be starting next Monday. I'm looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Hey wav1,
    I have just upgraded my licence to limited competition.
    I won't have my new licence for Monday night.
    I have printed details of my new licence from C.I. Website.
    Will this be good enough for you to allow me to race(ride around for a few laps) ?

E.

If anyone would like to help in the running of the event, we will always welcome marshals and drivers! PM me or Wav1 if you would be able to give us a hand on the night.

Lenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭wav1

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Hey wav1,
    I have just upgraded my licence to limited competition.
    I won't have my new licence for Monday night.
    I have printed details of my new licence from C.I. Website.
    Will this be good enough for you to allow me to race(ride around for a few laps) ?

E.
    No problem at all

• Advertisement

This starts tonight. As well as the senior and Junior race, there are some youth races.
    The u16s go out with the first group of the main race, U12 and u14 are in a handicap race for 1 lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drg87

Hi wav1,

Can anyone with a full competition licence enter this league or is it only for local clubs?
    Thanks

if you have a full comp licence you can enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Thanks Wav1, Padjo5 and co for the race tonight. I always love that little circuit. Dropped after the first lap but at least I got in some individual TT practice ahead of Thursday!

Think that was a record turnout tonite.Great racing and thanks to all the riders for coming and to the usual suspects for helping in any way.And yes we will get the handicaps right to produce a winner from the various abilities as the weeks go by.Just had one rider on the phone to me calling it the hardest thing he's ever done.

• Advertisement

Stick me in group one next week please. I'd like to last a lap longer than tonight.

wav1 wrote: »
    Just had one rider on the phone to me calling it the hardest thing he's ever done.

That was me, and I wasn't even riding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Stick me in group one next week please. I'd like to last a lap longer than tonight.

Last time they did that you sailed away....group 3 for you next week I say...more TT practice.

lennymc wrote: »
    That was me, and I wasn't even riding!!

That's 'cat' Lenny!!

REMINDER We're on tonight round 2

wav1 wrote: »
    REMINDER We're on tonight round 2

Only if you promise to put me in the first group!

Can I go in the first group too? I'm tired just thinking about it...

Can I go in the first group too? I'm tired just thinking about it...

Me and you on our TT bikes! To INFINITY!!!

Sorry lads, first group is an exclusive club. Back you go.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Me and you on our TT bikes! To INFINITY!!!

In a straight line!

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Sorry lads, first group is an exclusive club. Back you go.

I've won from there last year. It ain't that exclusive! I won't be there tonight anyway or next week so enjoy. Race hard. Ride safe!

gah. hard.

First lung busting since April, very hard! Fun all the same. The oul regular Marshalls are bloody legends, selfless lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

gah. hard.

Get out of that you ware cruising :P

padjo5 wrote: »
    First lung busting since April, very hard! Fun all the same. The oul regular Marshalls are bloody legends, selfless lads.

Very important to bike racing and very much appreciated too!

padjo5 wrote: »
    AMEN TO THAT ONE.GREAT PEOPLE

Whiisper it but nearly 60 there last night.Great nite and great race.Limit group had their day in the sun last night.Great ride by the winner bringing his race around Ireland endurance with him to win solo.Great ride too be eamonater who achieved a top 6 on the night and in his own words not mine ''the first top six since 1994''See ye all next week....

I kinda thought, that last night was gonna be the night for the limit group, so I tried , without much success, to keep a little in reserve for the finish. It was mad, after all these years, to be mixing it up in a sprint finish.
    I really enjoyed it. But that course is a little hoor. The little drags and trying to hold a wheel on the corners took their toll on me.
    I'll be back for more, next week.
    Thanks to wav1 and all the crew. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

Where can I find results from these races? Are they online anywhere?

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »
    Where can I find results from these races? Are they online anywhere?

Secret society.

Advertisement