Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrant [FX] [** Spoilers **]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its satisfying to call something right more often then not, but when it happens so fast it seems a little hollow. I get that it is plausible how fast events can unfold and decisions can be made that change everything, which cannot be undone, I just hoped the descent would take longer.

I have only watched the latest episode and want to digest it before going into any sort of detail on it

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Finally caught up here
    It's a fantastic show I don't know where Barry can go to from here did Molly OD I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭squonk

I agree it's a fast metamorphosis. I'm guessing though it's more that Emma's death was a tipping point. He's lost his daughter and is powerless to do anything about it. It's very Shakespeareian. Dead daughter's ghost seeking revenge and a crazy wife goading him into extreme action. Even now I think Barry believe's he's doing the right thing and, no doubt, he fully expects to rerun elections but it'll never happen. Mind you, I wonder if he does fully expect elections. Something about his demeanor hinted that he doesn't believe it himself. I'd say the quick change could well be attributed to a man going mad with grief and who happens to have access to power and who is prepared to use it to do what he can to get revenge. I have a feeling next season might be the last though. Unless Barry has an epiphany of some sort, I can only see this ending with him going the same way as Jamal.

I know I keep saying it here but this show should be way more popular. It's really kicked up a notch this season. It's a deeper, darker show compared to earlier seasons and it's all the better for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bollox to that anyway. Terrible. No resolution at all. Every single storyline is wide open.

It was like the end of a regular episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

s3 was on my list, suppose I'll not bother now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Bollox! I didn't realise that was the finalé and that they were taking a break. Jeez it needs even a mini season to wrap it up. That's a real shame. It was a great show. It was only getting better I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just watched all season 3 there...absolutely fantastic. To be honest I think it is actually an ok ending to the series. No other way to end it really. A happy american ending bow on it would be completely wrong. It just continues as is and as it always was...just like real life in the middle east really. Kind of an appropriate way to end IMHO.

Having said that....I do hope it comes back on Netflix or somewhere like that.

• Advertisement

Netflix really do need to pick up this show. They'd be the perfect place for it. The show was getting darker and I think it needs to be freed from the bounds of network restrictions to really flourish. Sadly though it'll probably be yet another show gathering dust in my "Great But Cancelled" file

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Writing was on the wall with viewership, love the show and think it will get picked up by Hulu or something and get a final season in, they were going to go a different way this season but when it became clear they were going to be potentially finished for good they made an ending that serves as a full stop if necessary, but open to continue also.

I think it does that, if it doesn't get picked up (it is expensive to make apparently) then I think that as sad as it is to see the story cut short it is a decent end. That is certainly one plausible way you could see it going.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just finished watching Season 3 last night. For a show that had a slightly dodgy beginning it turned into (for me) compelling tv and really mirrored the mess that is the Middle East. It's a show I would recommend watching.

What really impressed me come the end was that Leila Al-Fayeed went from a glorified clothes horse to the self declared president of Abudeen. You go girl. You had to admire her tenacity to survive. I felt sorry for Barry/Bazam, he came to the country for a wedding, stays for his father funeral, topples his tyrant brother, tries to bring the country to peace but gets dragged into a war he will win. I though when his son hung a picture of him, he looked haunted as if he was at breaking point. I really enjoyed the character of Jamal and I definitely missed him this season. I found the death of Emma shocking and it was interesting to see how it impacted on Molly.

While it would have been nice to have everything wrapped up neatly, I think the finish is accurate picture of how things are in the Middle East. Everyone seems to be at war, no side is winning, the ordinary people are losing out and you have the US playing all sides. I thought when Exley went to visit Daliyah in prison, it summed up the US attitude to regional conflicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Caprica wrote: »
    Just finished watching Season 3 last night. For a show that had a slightly dodgy beginning it turned into (for me) compelling tv and really mirrored the mess that is the Middle East. It's a show I would recommend watching.

What really impressed me come the end was that Leila Al-Fayeed went from a glorified clothes horse to the self declared president of Abudeen. You go girl. You had to admire her tenacity to survive. I felt sorry for Barry/Bazam, he came to the country for a wedding, stays for his father funeral, topples his tyrant brother, tries to bring the country to peace but gets dragged into a war he will win. I though when his son hung a picture of him, he looked haunted as if he was at breaking point. I really enjoyed the character of Jamal and I definitely missed him this season. I found the death of Emma shocking and it was interesting to see how it impacted on Molly.

While it would have been nice to have everything wrapped up neatly, I think the finish is accurate picture of how things are in the Middle East. Everyone seems to be at war, no side is winning, the ordinary people are losing out and you have the US playing all sides. I thought when Exley went to visit Daliyah in prison, it summed up the US attitude to regional conflicts.

Thanks for the spoilers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thanks for the spoilers!!

It does say spoilers in the thread title in fairness and everything said in that post has already been said earlier. Kinda your own fault really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Series 3 is on RTE2 soon ... Ep.1 on at 01:20 on Tuesday 11 July. One for the DVR? :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Still sucks that this show was cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, I haven't seen S3 yet, and have avoided spoilers, so I hope they got to conclude the narrative properly. Three series isn't too shabby by modern standards.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just finished this on netflix and throughly enjoyed. Certainly had some very shocking, unexpected moments in it. It would be great if netflix or similar picked it up.

The posts below with i completly agree with and sums up my thoughts on the show as well.
    Ludo wrote: »
    Just watched all season 3 there...absolutely fantastic. To be honest I think it is actually an ok ending to the series. No other way to end it really. A happy american ending bow on it would be completely wrong. It just continues as is and as it always was...just like real life in the middle east really. Kind of an appropriate way to end IMHO.

Having said that....I do hope it comes back on Netflix or somewhere like that.
    Caprica wrote: »

Advertisement