Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.4.3 OTA updates hitting Nexus devices.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Updated my nexus 10 to android 4.4.3 last week battery died following day, new one on the way from Google

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

Android 4.4.4 OTA about to start rolling out for Nexus Devices.

It's just a security bug fix.

I wonder should that be in a new thread?

Factory Images already available.

Android 4.4.4 KTU84P OTA Update for Nexus 5, Nexus 10, and Nexus 4 download available

With the intend use of ART in android 5.0, will KitKat be the last android version for the Nexus 7 (2012) as it currently can not be turned on in that device?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It better fcuking not be the last version of android for the 2012 N7 :pac:

I'd assume that it'd be dual runtime just like KK, but with ART the default, rather than Dalvik!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It better fcuking not be the last version of android for the 2012 N7 :pac:
    If it is I'm sure CM will continue to support the '12 for a few more years. That's more or less stock Android with a few nice features thrown in to boot. My N4 is CM because of the profile switching according to WI-FI but never saw any need to have anything but stock on my N7. If Google cuts the support then obviously I'd move to CM on the N7 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

murphaph wrote: »
    If it is I'm sure CM will continue to support the '12 for a few more years. That's more or less stock Android with a few nice features thrown in to boot. My N4 is CM because of the profile switching according to WI-FI but never saw any need to have anything but stock on my N7. If Google cuts the support then obviously I'd move to CM on the N7 as well.

Absolutely, I used to really like CM, had it on all my androids until I got the N7 2012, then saw no need to move from stock. Then I got the N4 before moving onto the N5, so it's around 2 years since I've used it now :eek:

I've no problem moving the N7 over to CM and it's been 2 full years of support for that tablet from google, so I guess I can't really complain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

Found a handy guide to using the Nexus Root Toolkit to flash the factory images. with out wiping.

Handy for anyone who doesn't want to work with command lines.

This is the way to update if the normal OTA method fails for some reason. (usually because of been rooted with stickmount installed)

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement