Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring Station?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    He is a big one, if memory serves me correctly I think the Bosch ones go up to 15 kg.

Diet perhaps? Only messing does anyone here know of a pet immune PIR that will ignore that dog?

RISCO have one that does 45kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

altor wrote: »
    RISCO have one that does 45kg.

That is the one for donkeys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    That is the one for donkeys :D

All depends how big your ass is kub :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Thanks guys

Edit: Spoke to MCM which ended up to be €127 + VAT. Seemed like a nice crowd to deal with. So far I think they're the cheapest around.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is around the average charged by many installation companies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoolKid wrote: »
    That is around the average charged by many installation companies.

Top Security were €150 + VAT and Phonewatch were more than that (They were €35 a month, and a new alarm).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

I would suggest that you speak with your installer and tell him you rang around and you want him to connect your system to another station.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around more locally and you will find €150 incl vat is more the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Evolution1 wrote: »
    The thing that confuses me is that the monitoring station won't send the gardai unless you give them the go ahead ... Maybe it's different for Phonewatches camera system

well thats not exactly true, the Central station will send the gards if the alarm is verified (2 zones or more), even if there isnt a Keyholder with a min of a 30min ETA. where it gets tricky is if you get a 2 zone activation but its the same zone, its a gray area. its technically verified but at the same time its not. some CS's will call a kh and ask do they want the gard's with them as well on that sort of activation other's will send the gards and keyholders as a matter of course. but the CS needs to balance calling the gards all the time. You can end up with a bad rep and the gards not going to alarms from CS x instead of CS y, because y dont ring them all the time

camera systems are different again, if you see something on the camera i.e a break in its visually verified, so you can send the gards as you can see whats happing on the site.

hope that helps, im out of it about a year and a half so the SOP's could have moved on a bit.

Advertisement