Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babywearing Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Lustrum wrote: »
    The ergo is great for longer walks, and she'll sleep for hours in it. The pocket on it is great too, and we can go out for hours with everything we need, including changing gear, in the ergo.

Yes that pocket is brilliant. I have also turned it into the world's smallest change bag with a nappy and a nappy bag with a few wipes inside.

Im using the Ergo for a seven month old and next month my sister is borrowing it for her 3.5 year old on holidays. It's so well made. I also had a Moby for the early days (well no reason I couldn't use it now), so soft and snug and a lifesaver for those cranky evenings. Got it for a tenner on donedeal. Score!

They are not the most flattering slings though. If I had known about them at the time, I would have considered a Connecta. You can get beautiful woven wraps and ring slings too.

As well as the general Babywearing Ireland fb page, there is a FSOT [for sale or trade] closed group that you can request access to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

livinsane wrote: »
    Yes that pocket is brilliant. I have also turned it into the world's smallest change bag with a nappy and a nappy bag with a few wipes inside.

Im using the Ergo for a seven month old and next month my sister is borrowing it for her 3.5 year old on holidays. It's so well made. I also had a Moby for the early days (well no reason I couldn't use it now), so soft and snug and a lifesaver for those cranky evenings. Got it for a tenner on donedeal. Score!

They are not the most flattering slings though. If I had known about them at the time, I would have considered a Connecta. You can get beautiful woven wraps and ring slings too.

As well as the general Babywearing Ireland fb page, there is a FSOT [for sale or trade] closed group that you can request access to.

The FSOT group is where I got my ring sling :)

Suucee - you should look into the Palm & Pond ring slings on eBay and amazon, they're cheap and come in loads of different patterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I was wondering if a baby wearing thread would start soon :D I've a jpmbb and I love it so much! I attempted back carry today but didn't really work out! I'm thinking of getting a ring sling soon! I feel admiration to the people who spot a sling and know what it is from afar ha :)

I'd really love a JPMBB, maybe next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've one for sale January :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

A woven wrap is better for back carries than a stretchy :) I like the look of the kibis... If also adore a Madame googoo though! Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I think id be a bit afraid of a wrap. Dont really know why as i trust when im tieing tge mei tai. January those palm and pond ring slings look a bit padded around the neck or something. Wouldnt be the handiest to fold away in baby bag compared to others (by the looks of it) .
    Supposed to be heading to my first sling meet tomorro but toddler has a temp. Havent a clue whats up with her. Has it on and off since yesterday so got the doc to have a quick check when in for babas vaccines and she was grand. Hoping its teeth and she will be ok in the morning. SOOO want to try a ring sling...

I've one for sale January :)

PM me with a price... :eek: My partner is going to kill me lol

Have any of you seen the high end fsot fb page? Wraps going for over a thousand dollars!

I'd love a beautiful woven wrap, some of the designs are spectacular! But I need to get bubs used to being put in a sling first!

Also nikpmup, I have rolls too when I wrap! Haha gives me incentive to lose more weight!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have an Ergo and my 3 year old is tiny so have carried her in it but unless she is also tiny and it is on their backs I would not really recommend it.
    I carry my huge 16 month old in it but I need to learn to put him on my back as he is 2 stone and quote tall and well keeps taking my glasses off!!

The JPMBB is so nice (http://jeportemonbebe.com/en/) I have my new sling for holidays though I need to stop considering a ring sling..!

From experience there is no getting used ot being put in a sling,they jsut love it and the closeness until they get bigger and want freedom!!

• Advertisement

moonbeam. funny you know how you have an image of someone in your head even though you never met them. (I never imagined you wore glasses he he )

Anyway. Went along to my first sling meet. Tried a ring sling and going to order a little frog ring sling. I have such tiny tiny shoulders the neobulle did not suit so she recommended the little frog which is great as that's the one I was looking at as its only €47. im going to just tell OH its on "loan". hehe.
    Oh and my toddler tula just arrived. resisting the urge to wake cranky napping toddler to try it.

And I've just arranged to buy How Strange's JPMBB from her :D

Go from having no slings... to buying and selling one and buying two more.. I've caught the bug.

January wrote: »

Go from having no slings... to buying and selling one and buying two more.. I've caught the bug.

Your not the only one. I had 1 a 2 weeks ago a mei tai. Now have 3 and a forth on the way. Don't know weather to sell the mei tai or not. Its old. Will have a good look and maybe wash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

That's how it starts January :D Sure they all have their different qualities, you need more than one!

That's how it starts January :D Sure they all have their different qualities, you need more than one!

That's how I'm justifying it anyway!!

Ok need help. Which of these. Mainly for a boy but maybe occasionally for a toddler girl.

http://snugglebugs.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/eng_pm_LF-Ring-Sling-Baryte-M-2m-2651_1.jpg

or

http://snugglebugs.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Turquoise-340x340.jpg

the rest all seem a little girly. although they are gorgeous.

I love the turquoise one...

Turquoise it is so. ... Ordered. OOh excited now again. That will have to be it.

Ok... I had a look at little frogs on snugglebugs and I may or may not have bought three :/ the colours are too beautiful to pass up :/

I hope one of those was Sandy Agate.. it's totally what I'd go for if Luke was a girl.

• Advertisement

I hope one of those was Sandy Agate.. it's totally what I'd go for if Luke was a girl.

It was! It's beautiful!

Yea some gorgeous ones for girls but not as much for boys (always the same with clothes I find) A has some gorgeous clothes and L just has heaps of tracksuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I bought my sling in colours I like as opposed to the colour to suit gender,hence my turquoise and brown rs!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bosley1421

Ah yes, babywearing!

Fell into it because my baby had reflux so the slings were a godsend in keeping her upright and comfortable.

I started with a baby bjorn but even when she was tiny it was uncomfortable on my back.

I moved on to a Close, highly recommend them for little babies and easier than tying a stretchy wrap like a Moby for beginners.

Since then quite a few wraps/carriers have been through here!

Palm and Pond mei tais are great for small babies too, January, I used mine til she was about 5 months I think.

At the moment I have a Little Frog woven wrap which I use for rucks on my back, a Storch Leo ring sling, Lenny Lamb ring sling and Harris Tweed Connecta, although that's not seeing any use at the moment, far too heavy for summer.

I would recommend Connecta if anyone is looking for baby buckles, very light and portable.
    The Sling Library is great if you want to try something before committing to buying, or sometimes there are a few travelling items in the Babywearing Ireland Facebook group. That's actually how I got into ring slings; I was mostly a wrapper before but I was lent a beautiful Girasol rainbow ring sling and I was converted.

Got my little frog today *happy face*

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bosley1421

loubian wrote: »
    Got my little frog today *happy face*

Brilliant, enjoy the cuddles!

Mine too although im finding it very difficult to use. I wouldnt mind i tried one wens at sling meet and was grand.
    Need loads more practice.

This video made all the difference for me. They are hard to get the hang of but it's worth persevering

Slingababy Ring Sling instruction

This video made all the difference for me. They are hard to get the hang of but it's worth persevering

Slingababy Ring Sling instruction

Yea watched that and loads others. Baba is only 2 months though so I thought tummy to tummy be better than hip carry.

• Advertisement

Tummy to tummy good.. Would it help to start on the hip and then scoot it around and retighten?

Advertisement