Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt penalty/late fee (old)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭chalky_ie

You should not have got the logbook registered in your name, dealer is supposed to hand you the V5 and they send the permanent export section of it to Swansea, you bring the V5 to NCT centre and then pay VRT.

Yeah I know this now, the dealer told me to fill the V5C in and send it to Swansea, hence the issue I currently have. Can't get decent info off anyone on either side, any idea where I can get a concrete answer on what my course of action should be? At the moment I am waiting on the Cert. of Export under the assumption that once I have that, I will be able to bring the car to be examined?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Have you made your VRT appointment yet?

Harcrid wrote: »
    Have you made your VRT appointment yet?

Yeah i turned up on Saturday with the small part of the V5C as i thought that the other bit still hadn't arrived, it was after i was turned away that i rand the DVLA to see where the log book was, and subsequently found out i was waiting on nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Thanks for the info guys. Am I right in saying that if my car has an OMSP of 10,800, then the fine each day will be 10800*0.0015*no.of days? i.e 16.20e a day. Think i got the maths wrong in my previous post(hopefully).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 paul hanzo

Hi guys iv recently bought a evo 5rs non registered from a fella I no he imported it October 2015 am I going to be hit with the late fees considering iv only bought the car any idea as I'm new to this vrt game thanks all

Advertisement