Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pochettino

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great news,futures bright.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Patww79 wrote: »

I'd trust Levy would make it as difficult as possible for anyone to pries Poch away at this point. Its never impossible of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

CiQKXQ7XAAAsjhQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

He is definitely my favourite Spurs manager in my life time.

He never talks sh*t in interviews. He seems to have the admiration of the players. He brought us a real title challenge and Champions League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

He is definitely my favourite Spurs manager in my life time.

He never talks sh*t in interviews. He seems to have the admiration of the players. He brought us a real title challenge and Champions League football.

Bill Nicholson was in charge when I started supporting Spurs, but I think he's the best manager we've had since Bill and may yet prove to be our best ever. I just hope we can hold onto him and that he can continue to build on what he's done to date.

Now let's just whup Newcastle on Sunday and lay that Arsenal bogey to rest!

Tottenham must improve squad to compete in Champions League and Premier League, warns Mauricio Pochettino...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-must-improve-squad-to-compete-in-champions-league-and-premier-league-warns-mauricio-a3247586.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He's not wrong, need that killer edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

http://gu.com/p/4j7db

Don't know what to make of this 2 hour dinner with Ferguson and Pochettino with the obligatory sophisticated bottle of wine. Not much you can do if he genuinely was a significant role model for him as a young manager, and some pearls of wisdom to be had (find a Denis Irwin!), but it is faintly sickening. Contributing to the "feeder club" feeling.
    As far as I know, ferguson remains in some sort of quasi-official capacity at manure. He strikes me as the sort of man who rarely does things without an ulterior motive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

http://gu.com/p/4j7db

Don't know what to make of this 2 hour dinner with Ferguson and Pochettino with the obligatory sophisticated bottle of wine. Not much you can do if he genuinely was a significant role model for him as a young manager, and some pearls of wisdom to be had (find a Denis Irwin!), but it is faintly sickening. Contributing to the "feeder club" feeling.
    As far as I know, ferguson remains in some sort of quasi-official capacity at manure. He strikes me as the sort of man who rarely does things without an ulterior motive.

So, just make utd irrelevant over the coming years, they've done a grand job all on their own - stick the knife in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham must improve squad to compete in Champions League and Premier League, warns Mauricio Pochettino...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-must-improve-squad-to-compete-in-champions-league-and-premier-league-warns-mauricio-a3247586.html

over to you Danny and Joe.......

I'm not sure the hierarchy at clubs appreciate such public statements regarding investment. Poch just signed a big fat juicy new contract and now he's looking for the top brass to spend more. Hope it doesn't ruffle feathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bill66

Poch has been very good this season but talk of him being the best ever is way premature. He will never match Nicholson in my eyes, Nicholson built the club into what it represents today. Keith Burkinshaw will also take alot of catching, he took over a relegated Spurs who had suffered under Terry Neil. He got them promoted in his first season then changed the face of English football signing Ardiles and Villa, then winning 2 FA cups and the eufa cup. If Poch can match that I will be very happy but he has won nothing as a manager yet!

Pochettino looked/sounded devastated after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

bill66 wrote: »
    Poch has been very good this season but talk of him being the best ever is way premature. He will never match Nicholson in my eyes, Nicholson built the club into what it represents today. Keith Burkinshaw will also take alot of catching, he took over a relegated Spurs who had suffered under Terry Neil. He got them promoted in his first season then changed the face of English football signing Ardiles and Villa, then winning 2 FA cups and the eufa cup. If Poch can match that I will be very happy but he has won nothing as a manager yet!

Burkinshaw relegated Spurs in his first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Pochettino looked/sounded devastated after the game.

Don't give f**k how he sounded after the game. We'd been poor for a couple of weeks beforehand. Would rather he showed his managerial talents by arresting the decline before the game rather than crying/moaning afterwards.

We've suffered at the hands of our bottlejob mentality before but I've never seen us "Spurs it up" this spectacularly.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Burkinshaw relegated Spurs in his first season.

Correct, spurs were relegated in his first season, but were in a mess after Neil's tenure but came straight back up. Who can forget the match at the dell on the last day with Southampton needing a point to be 2nd div champions and Spurs a point for promotion.

Before my time but I'm guessing it ended with a draw! :D

Before my time but I'm guessing it ended with a draw! :D

Yes 0-0 a game of few chances, although, I think Southampton hit the post at one point. listened to it on the radio, a very tense afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

bill66 wrote: »
    Yes 0-0 a game of few chances, although, I think Southampton hit the post at one point. listened to it on the radio, a very tense afternoon.
    Same here never forget it,when the final whistle went I ran down the stairs roaring and shouting with joy,the mother thought i was gone mad. :)

Very worrying rumours about Poch being wanted by Argentina. I would be absolutely devastated if he took it. I'd put it up there with Chelsea winning the CL and us not qualifying even though we came 4th!

Very worrying rumours about Poch being wanted by Argentina. I would be absolutely devastated if he took it. I'd put it up there with Chelsea winning the CL and us not qualifying even though we came 4th!

I wouldn't even give that a second thought. 23 years trophyless is mad though, sure hasn't Messi hanged up his boots?

"It’s an easy decision. When you are happy and when you feel the love of the people and the potential of the club is massive. Why change?" Pochettino told a news conference.

"We create a good atmosphere on the training ground and I think we can achieve big things in the future. I believe in this project and this club. I want to stay here."

Pochettino, 44, has a contract with Tottenham until 2021 after agreeing a new five-year deal in May, and says he has no plans to answer his country's call to replace former boss Gerardo "Tata" Martino.

"I think the speculation is normal because I am an Argentinian coach at a top club in England," Pochettino said. "There are a lot of rumours that appear in the media but I am very happy at Tottenham and so for that reason this is not the right moment."

Great to hear him come out and say it. There's no messing. It's black and white with Poch. What a man. He's the opposite of everything I disliked about Harry Redknapp.

Last night does no way impact how I feel about Poch. We're only in year three of a five year plan.

We're still the youngest team in the PL. We're inexperienced in the Champions League and so is Poch, the club and the manager can develop together.

The future is still as bright as ever. There will be bumps in the road, getting over those bumps will only make us stronger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Absolutely. I question his choices last night, but that's fine. He obviously has reasons for them, and knows a hell of a lot more about it then we do. I'm delighted he's with us, and we are a far better team with him than we were before he started.

Advertisement