Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pochettino

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

As long as Spurs keep moving forward and the club and players keep backing Poch I'd find it foolish for him to leave.

Any manager with serious aspirations would be looking to instill a legacy at a club, not head off for a bigger paycheck. But I guess that's wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Poch was the first manager in a long time to get a five year contract out of Levy. I can only imagine Poch's commitment to Levy was as equally as great. What I mean by that is that Poch has a plan, he's committed to that plan and in order to achieve it he needs to stay with Spurs.

Also, he's a few months from being one of two managers in Spurs' history to reach the CL. I can sense Poch is more ambitious than that and wants to be the only Spurs manager to achieve greater things, in the PL era anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Id be fairly confident in Pochs commitment to the club, he was ready to walk from Southampton when cortese was being forced out. Doesn't sound like the actions of someone who's only in it for the money.
    I know it's a different story when a huge club like Madrid or Barca come calling, but he's not even close to being in the sights of clubs like that looking for instant success.

Poch & Spurs look like a match made in heaven at the moment from all aspects.

Anywhere but those Manc cnuts. Anytime we find a decent player or manager they come calling. Find a decent manager yourselves you fcuks instead of always raiding us.

Stole LVG from us and now that it's worked in our favor they're back to screw us again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I honestly don't feel concerned about these stories at all. I just don't see anything in it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't see it happening either. Poch is building up the team here, has a fantastic youth setup, and a new stadium on the way. The club is in a good position at the moment. Ok, we're not even close to Utd in terms on financial value, but I don't see it happening (at least not for a while)/

He'd do well at Utd though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was interest from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I honestly don't feel concerned about these stories at all. I just don't see anything in it

I'm the same, he's had his clear out here, has no divas to deal with, no ageing players. Would he give that up for a bag of money?

Prestige? They are one of the biggest clubs in the world to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Lets not forget that we raided Southampton for Poch. Money talks and we have a stadium to pay for. If Utd decide that Poch is their man there won't be a bloody thing we can do about it except extract the maximum wedge for him. That said, Ken Early wrote an interesting article in the Times earlier this year where he pointed out that there was only a tiny coterie of 'elite' managers who the big clubs could trust with their team and they were basically managers who had won the CL. Can Utd afford another Moyes punt and would Utd be giving game time to a Carroll or an Onohah? Kane and Alli would probably be squad players at Utd as they can spend big on proven names (even if they don't work out, they just spend again).

If Woodward gets the next manager wrong it is his head will be on a plate so he will go for a really conservative approach which should be Mourinho. Even though we all know Jose will fall out with everyone in year 2 or 3 they will get a one or two year bounce that will buy time for Woodward and his board.

For that reason I am not going to fret just yet. I hope Poch becomes our Wenger (in the first half of his career!) and if I was Levy I would be making sure that salary is not an issue. If we learnt nothing else over the last 30 years it should be that the most important player at a club is not the centre-forward or the star midfielder, everything begins and ends with the manager.

The position Poch is currently in is of no comparison to what it was when he left Southampton.

His mate had just been sacked at the club and the players were all being sold off. None of which is happening at Spurs. He's always sounded like a man who was extremely happy in his position at Spurs. I dont see him moving on anytime soon.

Nothing story that is probably an attempt by someone to try derail Spurs' season.

Claudio Ranieri is next.

For such a young manager if he achieves his vision for Spurs it would be worth more to him in the future than whatever money man u would throw at him now.
    Of course I have no idea what he thinks, it's just how I see it, and stories like these are worth a lot of clicks for "news" sites

Poch was prepared to walk from Southampton after the cortese situation. Would'nt have done him any favours financially or career wise I think.
    I wouldn't be comparing his Southampton time to Spurs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I know we like to have romantic thoughts about him wanting to finish what he built etc, but generally, if United come calling, you don't refuse, because the chance might not come again.

But as Deise Vu says, United can't afford another failure, so they'll most likely go for the safest option, which is Mourinho, despite his faults.

Definitely no harm in giving Poch a pay rise though. If we want him to be our Wenger, we gotta pay him accordingly.

Apparently Mourinho has told friends a deal with united is done.

If this is the case its good. Puts a swift end to the nonsense of poch leaving.

irishmover wrote: »
    Apparently Mourinho has told friends a deal with united is done.

If this is the case its good. Puts a swift end to the nonsense of poch leaving.

When the papers tire of the frenzy this announcement would cause there will be about three quiet days, then the headline: Pochettino to Chelsea.

Remember you read it here first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Then: Madrid

Then: Munich

Then: some Italian team

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »
    When the papers tire of the frenzy this announcement would cause there will be about three quiet days, then the headline: Pochettino to Chelsea.

Not forgetting, when Chelsea go back to Benitez or some other clown who won a jammy CL there is a newspaper sub-editor out there who is only dying to use the headline: Jurgen is Kop Flop; Pochettino to Liverpool.

Deise Vu wrote: »

Monday morning:"Pochettino rewarded with new Spurs contract after Man City drubbing"

Ought to put an end to it

I read there last week that Poch had postponed negotiations over his new contract until the end of the season. Obviously the media tried to make a big deal of it but I thought to myself "fair play to him." Obviously his negotiation position will be way stronger at the end of the season if we win the league.

If it's true that Levy did try to renegotiate his contract now, I would be a little bit disappointed in Levy. One, there's no need to put distractions in the manager's path and two, Levy shouldn't be trying to pull any tricks with Poch. If he wins the league for us this year, then Poch deserves the most phenomenal contract in Tottenham history.

Wonder if the missus will let me away with call the first child 'Mauricio'...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mauricio Pochettino has announced he has a verbal agreement with Spurs to extend his contract until 2021.

When you are happy and when you feel the love of the people and the potential of the club is massive. Why change?

I F'ing knew it!! As soon as the league was done and dusted, he would sign a new deal.

We're 2 years in to the Pochettino 5 year plan. Enjoy the rest of the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

373430eb335228c38d68fa216d31f1c5.426x207x66.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jay18

Great News - Beaming!

COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

This just made my weekend.

Out foxed, not out classed. To next year and after!
    COYS

• Advertisement

I am opening a bottle of fine vino I was saving. Happy days!!!!!

Ok it's a bottle of Peroni, but I'm still ecstatic.

Advertisement