Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 4

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, overall recommendations seem to be stick with Sims 3 cause it's got way more stuff in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

To be honest, I always found the 1st and 2nd expansions in the Sims 1 and 2 basically made them stand out games. I think with Sims 1 it was "living it up", with Sims 2 it was "university". See you in 2 years time Sims 4 when you've fleshed out your content, are cheaper and have less bugs, no reason to jump ship from Sims 3 that I can see here *moves along*

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Can anyone tell me where to find the prebuilt houses?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Shiminay wrote: »
    So, overall recommendations seem to be stick with Sims 3 cause it's got way more stuff in it?

If you have TS3 expansions then yeah, stick with it. If you have Sims 3 base only, quantity is more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Played it pretty much all of today (have a baba IRL so it was handy to sorta leave running in the background and keep coming back to it.

As others have said, it's very good, but not as good as it was. I think if I'd never played it before, I would find it amazing.

Pros
    Multi-tasking. Being able to sit at the PC levelling my programming for work while flirting with my boyfriend. Or sitting at the kitchen island and periodically stopping eating my breakfast to take a sip of coffee. Or running out to pay the bills while holding a plate of lunch. Overall it shaves a lot of wasted time out of the day.
    Emotions. The facial expressions and associated unlocked actions make for good entertainment.
    The "sub-skills". Technically just extra skills, they feel like a sub-category of skills I am used to. For example, as well as charisma, you now have a comedian skill, and "writing" jokes can increase your writing and comedian skill. Also a gaming skill as well as the programming one. There is also regular cooking and gourmet cooking skills.
    Aspirations. The new way of keeping you constantly checking in on your progress to your aspiration is pretty awesome. Instead of just having a goal to achieve before you die/get too old to complete it, you have a list of mini-goals to achieve as you go along.
    Pre-built rooms. This is AWESOME! I'm a huge fan of making my own house and in all Sims games to date, I have moved my family onto an empty lot and built from nothing to everything as time progresses. But being able to just buy a ready-to-go room complete with different colour schemes and all the furniture you need is a pretty good way to get started

Cons
    No full customisation. There are set colour schemes for everything, and you can't pick your own. On the slight plus, after you place something in a particular colour, eg curtains, you do have the option of changing the colour scheme (if you redecorate) rather than having to sell them and re-buy.
    Not a great career range. Seems to be really lacking here, couldn't see any of my old reliables.
    Building relationships is too easy. There doesn't seem to be any place for attractions or things in common - you can be good friends or romantically-involved with just about anyone.
    The loading screen every time to you want to go anywhere or do anything is really getting on my nerves. I want to go on a date. In my own house. Where I am currently. With the person I want to go on a date with... Yep - still need a loading screen. There doesn't seem to be any drive to go into town or anything like that. I miss going to the bookstore or the grocery store to sell my grown veg.

Haven't started a family yet, so can't comment on pregnancy or children in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

How do you get tattoos? I know you can do it when creating a sim but what about when you are awhile into the game and want to get a tattoo for your sim? It wont allow you to do it in the mirror option where you change your clothes. But unlike the last game there doesn't seem to be a place in the town to get tattoos either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So I found the top user review on Metacritic to be pretty apt :D
    Fantastic! Every body, EA did that again! After the great success of reboot in Sim City, fans of simulation games are wondering what the next simulation title will be launched by EA. I can't imagine how bad the gaming industry will become if EA doesn't exist in this world. For starters, EA is currently one of the best simulation developers in the world, and in general it is the leader in trends of development of various games around the world.

Sim City has already drawn so much attention and become a legend of simulation games in modern era. Today, another legend has born, which is this wonderful game.

Sims 4 has significant improvement over its predecessor. It has an improved UI, which is more user friendly. Its graphic is superb and oustanding. On a technical side, the optimization is perfect, the game is running extremely smoothly. The game play elements also bring the simulation of life to a new level. It has a lot of elements added, and offers a great variety of game play choices for players. Also, it is very realistic, which is an outstanding life simulator.

All in all, the game has a lot of innovative and creative improvement, which is a must-have for all fans of simulation.

I am already looking forwards for more DLCs to come. Please do not release expansions again like the old-days, as this takes too much time for development. Fans want new contents as soon as possible. Developers, please try to release more and more DLCs on a weekly, or if possible, on a daily basis. Fans are eager to pay for more FUN! ;)

Every one, please join me to celebrate the great launch day of such fantastic title!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

But the game is not bad. And there's free DLC coming next month to right the wrong of stripped down content.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Can anyone tell me if sims 4 is out for the ps4 my son wants it for christmas. I can't seem to find it online on GameStop or Xtravision for the ps4. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

lukesmom wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if sims 4 is out for the ps4 my son wants it for christmas. I can't seem to find it online on GameStop or Xtravision for the ps4. Thanks

All I can find from searching online is that it will be out "soon".

Personally I'd just get the PC version as console versions of the Sims have always lacked half as much depth as the PC version!

• Advertisement

Nothing set in stone for console version yet unfortunately. If it happens it wont be til next Christmas

I know people will say wait for the expansion packs, but to me, this game has been a huge let down. Other than moods I don't see how this game has improved at all over the Sims 3 original game. No free roam through the towns anymore, family tree missing as well. This base game just seems...disappointing.

Will wait and see what the expansion packs add but they would want to be great.

So...did anyone buy the 'Get To Work' expansion pack? I will probably wait for two or three more expansion packs to be released before I go near the game again but was curious to opinons of people here who have tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I bought Get to Work! I really like it, a lot of fun! The retail side is a bit crappy but the doctor career and police career are fun! Haven't tried the science one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conorsheeran13

I had to uninstall my sims 4 games with the 'Get To Work' expansion pack the 'Spa Day' game pack The'luxury party stuff' stuff pack and the 'Perfect Patio Stuff' stuff pack and when I went to re-install they will not go back on as I used the code when I first installed the game.What do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, it's been a few months since the last post.

My daughter got SIMS 4 for Xmas and has installed it on a home PC as well as my personal laptop. I expected that any people, worlds, buildings etc she created on one machine would sync and be available when she logged onto her account on the other machine but neither of us have been able to figure out how to so it so she currently has different worlds and characters etc on each machine.

Are we doing something stupid or missing something obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, it's been a few months since the last post.

My daughter got SIMS 4 for Xmas and has installed it on a home PC as well as my personal laptop. I expected that any people, worlds, buildings etc she created on one machine would sync and be available when she logged onto her account on the other machine but neither of us have been able to figure out how to so it so she currently has different worlds and characters etc on each machine.

Are we doing something stupid or missing something obvious?

Got Sims4 for my daughter, installed it on the laptop, and all the rigmarole with Origin (is that the name ? ) that you launch the game with.
    It wont play !! :(
    Bit of a technohobe, Can anyone help?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    Got Sims4 for my daughter, installed it on the laptop, and all the rigmarole with Origin (is that the name ? ) that you launch the game with.
    It wont play !! :(
    Bit of a technohobe, Can anyone help?

What happens you try launch it? Any specific error/behaviour happens?

Advertisement