Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I will get Tetris Effect in the end, but I do have it already for the PS4/5 and can play it there in VR... if I want to...

Still, I will probably end up getting it as a physical release, if they decide to do that later on.

Puzzle Quest

Just such an addictive loop of quests and battles, deep rpg upgrades

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and if you do invest in a PS4/PSVR, or a PC/VR setup, make sure to get Rez Infinite as well, that game is sublime as it is, I've been playing it since the DC/PS2 days, but it is well worth your pennies.

Would be a nice release for the Switch as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Project Zero 2 on the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

About 10 hours or so in Skyward Sword. It’s not as bad as I had heard. In fact, it’s pretty good. It’s the weakest out of all the 3D games, sure, but I think it’s mainly the controls that hurt it and what seems like some corner cutting. The Switch portable controls aren’t perfect but better than the motion controlled ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, strategy games do NOT do tutorials. Bought Northgard after dithering and while I'm liking it so far (especially as some who consciously avoids RTS games on console), the absence of any functional, useful tutorials is making the curve steeper than it should be. Some mechanical hints, nothing on the meta. Maybe it's covered in story mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Well... Quake is nigh on perfection for motion aiming.

Feels like mouse and keyboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Xbox really needs gyro aiming as an option. Really miss it on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Just finished GTA3. Despite all the negativity I must say I enjoyed it. There's definitely issues and I'd wait until the price drops, but I enjoyed the stroll down memory lane.

Played a little bit of Vice City last night and it feels like a jump in gameplay already. Looking forward to getting into it.

Super Bit Blaster XL

Addictive cheap little shooter that is fun and has a coin-collecting mechanic to get different craft that keeps you playing.

Different power-ups

It's not twin-stick but almost feels like it is in a way as you turn craft around the screen to kill enemies

If you like geometry wars or similar it may appeal

• Advertisement

iron crypticle

Finally found a good twin-stick shooter that is fun on switch

Good bit of depth to it also in the game systems

iron crypticle

Such a brilliant game but in the end it only serves to highlight how poor the joycons are in terms of precise control

This is so much a better game with a proper controller but handheld is effectively ruined because the joycons aren't good enough.

(found the same with Nuclear Throne)

The endless mode (unlocked after a few campaign goes) is seriously maybe one of the best arcade games with rpg elements that I've ever played as the combo system is so compulsive (think gauntlet crossed with enter the gungeon but with less guns and items to avoid requiring a reference encyclopaedia like ETG) where you kill enemies who drop items that must be collected to keep a combo chain going to get to a point where run buffs will be dropped so the frantic risk-reward loop of going for the dropped combo items before they disappear and picking up the bonus weapons which only last for a short set time makes for a very addictive game

has anyone tried the hori split pad - are the thumsticks more accurate than the joycons?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got Iron Crypticle last Christmas I think (it had a deep discount) and I realised after your previous post that I never played it. Had a go this week and it was great fun!

If you like that, check out Archvale. Launched yesterday for €14.99.

I think it will scratch that same itch. Got 9/10 on Nintendo Life. Played it for half an hour this morning and it's excellent.

The never-ending Humble Bundle emails about that turned me off :(

Thanks I'll take a look - it's the pared back pure arcade elements of Iron Crypticle with the combo chain chasing that works for me.

Would recommend trying the endless mode if you haven't and get into the combo chaining (collecting the food items dropped when you kill enemies) and using the boost to get to the next one in time if neccessary / dodge through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Replaying Witcher 3 and just nearing the end of Act 1. The nice part of the game where you are sufficiently levelled to arse around and not get your ass kicked!

LOVE 3 is finally out and it is as fun and infuriating as it ever was.

My pre-order finally unlocked last night, around 23:00 and I gave it a blast, and another quick go this morning before work.

The developer, Fred Wood, has added a series of new mechanics which arrive pretty soon in the game, such as swimming, but all in all it is still the precise platformer that it always has been.

As a great bonus all of his other games in the series are there as unlockables, along with remixed levels too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My Switch gaming has been kinda limited the last month or two, though I did start dipping back into Stikbold and Boomerang Fu.

I sae someone post about a Metroid Dread demo yesterday so I logged in to install it, and also found that the devs of What The Golf? had also released a free update with an extra few levels for the campaign. They aren't long, but they are fun and I enjoyed playing it again. Of course this meant that I didn't actually try out the Metroid Dread demo...

I'm about 5 hours into Archvale and I love it. It's quite open world and you can freely jump between areas as you get stronger.

I will get back to Death's Door soon (also amazing).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing the crap out of Diablo 3 since the new season started last week. First time I've gotten stuck into a season proper since the start. Really enjoying it, loads of goals to work towards. Friend code below if anyone else is doing a bit of rifting this season

SW-0629-7570-0800

Post edited by skerry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭apache

I downloaded cluedo which I deleted straight after. Terrible.

I'll stick with BOTW for the moment.

Is there any sort of refund process like Oculus and Steam have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭apache

Ah I don't think so. But I'm not up on all things techy and have never tried Oculus and Steam. I'll just put it down to a bad choice and to choose more wisely in the future. It's difficult though when you're taking a chance on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Still playing Metroid Dread, finished a hard mode run with 4:15:59 on the clock at the end, so some more time to shave off there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up Loop Hero a couple of days ago. Very addictive gameplay loop and really interesting mechanics.

I usually treat myself to a full price big game at Christmas but gonna pick up several indies instead this year. Loop Hero, Ender Lillies and Everhood so far. Havent played Everhood yet but looks like a more demented version of Undertale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭eggy81

Playing Metroid dread all week in isolation. Just over 10 hours in. First Metroid I’ve played. I’m in Elun now. Just got the plasma rounds. Think I must be nearing the end. Very much enjoyed it.

Had a good few crashes with Loop Hero. Every 3 or 4 loops, the game crashes and exits. Waiting for a patch before I play more.

Nearly finished archvale (think enter the gungeon with fixed map layouts and RPG elements). Great game.

Got a few small games in the sale (a few quid each). Haven't tried them yet!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Waa gifted a copy of Metroid Dread so played through to a bit beyond the end of the demo - I like the Metroid franchise so don't want to rush through it first time around.

Idly considering the sale but there's nothing there making me go "ooh, I must jump on that". Partly because I already have a bunch of unfinished/unplayed games bought, and partly because I've recently resumed a "hard mode" playthrough of Ape Out (I rarely do this so it's a sign of how damn good Ape Out is).

Got Warioware from Santy so that's me sorted for next while :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Other people have that (J)RPG problem? where you spin up a game you dropped and find yourself totally lost as to where you are, what was happening in the story or what to do next? Thought I'd try and play through my backlog a bit, fired up Crosscode and within about 30 seconds had nooooo idea what was going on.

Advertisement