Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alton Towers re-opens today after 6 days of closure due to the accident on The Smiler Rollercoaster.

A section of the park will remained closed while an investigation is ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curioustoknow

Hi I am going to Salou soon and looking for advice on which sites are offering the best deals for 3 days/2 parks. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We bought our tickets in Salou. There are a few little ticket kiosks dotted around the town. You need your passport for buying them. Can't remember what we paid for ours as it was a few years ago but I know they were only a small bit cheaper than the prices advertised online. It's moreso to have your tickets bought in advance so you aren't queuing for ages to get in.

If you are looking to stay 3 days/2 parks would it be an idea to stay in their hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curioustoknow

Hi thanks for your reply, we went few years ago and bought through Attractiontix and was fine with printout, not too much waiting. Saw a post last year giving code for 5% disc and another 5% off with Quidco so just wondering if anyone knows of something similar.

We have everything else booked, the hotels to stay at Portadventura were huge prices. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

guys, thinking of taking the trip to port aventura in july. Is one day enough there or is it so big you would need more?:) i have a week to make up in spain after a week in barcelona and though salou would be worth checking out? could do the theme park then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sites for cheap Disneyland Paris pre-purchase tickets? Ideally looking for 2 x 2 day tickets for both parks. Don't want to pay the official prices obviously, best I've found so far has been about 260E on tripadvisor. Anyone else find any great sites for this?

Thanks,
    brainiac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

brainiac wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sites for cheap Disneyland Paris pre-purchase tickets? Ideally looking for 2 x 2 day tickets for both parks. Don't want to pay the official prices obviously, best I've found so far has been about 260E on tripadvisor. Anyone else find any great sites for this?

Thanks,
    brainiac.

Hi , I'll bump this as I'm also looking for cheap tickets , I'll be 3 x 2 day tickets for both parks , will be traveling in mid July so want to get booking soon , any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hey,

How do i get tics for the waterpark? Want to avoid the queues when i travel down there from barcelona. Are they easy to get when i arrive over to barca?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

zweton wrote: »
    Hey,

How do i get tics for the waterpark? Want to avoid the queues when i travel down there from barcelona. Are they easy to get when i arrive over to barca?

Thanks

They are available online

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

brainiac wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks,
    brainiac.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Me and my father are heading to Paris for a week, in a week's time.

Is Disneyland Paris worth booking? We both enjoy rides etc. but have never had the experience of going to big theme parks like Disneyland.

The total cost for both of us is €148 for a one day pass to both sections of the park.

Is it worth going?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Personally I don't think it's worth the price if your going as an adult. With kids, it's just about justified but apart from a few good rides there isn't much there. Parc Asterex is much better value if it's just a theme park you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Was just looking at the restaurant prices there too. Unbelievable! Crazy stuff.

Will check out that other theme park, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 2reen55

Hi! Me and a group of my friends are starting our InterRailing next week. We are spending most of our time in Budapest and Croatia (Split in the south of Croatia) and wondering if anyone new of any waterparks near these places??

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

I am thinking about bringing family to Thorpe park for a few days wife and two boys aged 15 and 11. Would anyone recommend places to see and stay if we go for 4 days or so. Thinking about flying over or would you recommend bringing the car. Any info would be great. Thanks...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Travel forum, you should get some replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Jesusaves wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out a family holiday to Europa Park in Germany.
    Any advice on getting there?, I have to fly from Dublin to Basel, then getting to the park? where best to stay? (around 3star hotel) and how many days would you recommend? Any change of getting cheaper Park tickets somewhere too?
    Any advice welcome!

Tk you :D

HI there Jesusaves,

How did you get on? I am looking at there for next Mar/Apr but even getting there is expensive enough with family of 4.
    How did you get from the airport to the part. Transfer were EUR 100 but I think I saw there are trains travelling to Rust from Basel (?)

Did you stay in the park or outside. I have provisionally booked somewhere closeby but can cancel it any time.

Would you need 4 / 5 days ? My kids are young (4 and 5) so they won't be going on the major rides but there are loads of other stuff there for their size from what I can see.

Seems to be similar to DLP same types of rides. Curious to hear your experience.

Regards D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Hi,
    I went to this park 2 years in a row. My experience might be different as I didn't have any kids in tow!
    I stayed in Strasbourg. Really nice city. Getting to the park involves 2 trains and a shuttle bus. About an hour of travelling if I remember correctly. Have a look at bahn.de to see schedules. The German town of Offenburg is halfway between Strasbourg and Rust - but I don't know if there is much to see there.

For tickets, I bought directly from the official site. Got a good deal for a 2 day pass. Park is quite big so 2 or 3 days would be required. Let me know if you have any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

delricyo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I went to this park 2 years in a row. My experience might be different as I didn't have any kids in tow!
    I stayed in Strasbourg. Really nice city. Getting to the park involves 2 trains and a shuttle bus. About an hour of travelling if I remember correctly. Have a look at bahn.de to see schedules. The German town of Offenburg is halfway between Strasbourg and Rust - but I don't know if there is much to see there.

For tickets, I bought directly from the official site. Got a good deal for a 2 day pass. Park is quite big so 2 or 3 days would be required. Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks a lot Delricyo. I'm probably going to stay in Rust closer to the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭janedoe007

Hi, has anyone been to portaventura in salou this year yet ? Is it better to buy tickets online before they go or just pay in at the gate. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

janedoe007 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone been to portaventura in salou this year yet ? Is it better to buy tickets online before they go or just pay in at the gate. Thanks

I am heading to salou in august and bought 3 days 2 park tickets from an Irish based ticket company. Its two days portadventura and one day in the water park. All in it was €240 for three adults and one child, they sent me out actual tickets not an email confirmation.

I don't know if I can mention the company but if you do a quick Google it should show up. I bought them ahead of time so as not to be eating into our spending money whilst we are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Can't find reviews or feedback about midland travel.ie for their coach tip to alton towers.
    Any one used them before?
    Feedback welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Hi everyone. I've posted here recently trying to look for a good hotel in paris. Found a great one thanks to all of you. :D Now we're considering a visit to disneyland. Our dates seem to fall on the light blue dates on disneyland paris' calendar so it seems we need a MAGIC ticket and can't avail of the MINI ticket. Does anyone know where the best place to buy a ticket is? The original price on the website is 74. Just wondering if other websites can beat this. Thank you guys again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Hi All,

I am thinking about booking a trip to Eurodisney for my boyfriend and I. We are in our early 30's. I have been to Disney in Florida twice and loved it.

Any advice for when to visit Eurodisney? We are flexible on dates.
    Also any advice on what types of ticket to buy would be great.
    Is it a must to stay at a a Disney hotel or are there regular hotels close by too?

Any advice would be great, im only starting my research now!

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I've been in November. They had fireworks displays and switched on the Xmas lights while I was there too. It was cold but dry and queues weren't too long. We stayed in Sequioa Lodge and it was ideal. Great to be able to stumble back to the hotel after dinner and a few drinks. The train station is right beside the park too and it's a quick nip into Paris. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I want to surprise my fiance with a trip to an amusement park. We live in Ireland. We will definitely want to be confining it to Europe. Can anyone recommend a good one, or a particularly good value one? I was looking at Europaland in Germany, has anyone been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Disneyland Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Last time we went to Disneyland Paris it felt like a complete rip off.. kids didn't really care too much for it either...

http://www.puydufou.com/en/

Puy Du Fou is excellant value and in terms of entertainment much better..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Europa Park in Germany or Portaventura in Salou are both fantastic. I'm on my phone at the moment, but I'll write up more details later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Haven't been here for awhile PortAventura but weather should be good.

Advertisement