Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Mouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Looking for a new mouse as my current one is buggered. Looking ta spend no more than 40 euro. What do ye recommend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got one of these for my girlfriend last year and she swears by it. It's very comfy in the hand and not expensive at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shiminay wrote: »
    I just got sent a G602 to try out. It's comfortable but very different feeling from my G700. I'll be doing a more in depth write up on it at the weekend I'd say when I've had the time to put it through its paces.

I got one of those too. Comfortable, but I thought it was a wee bit on the heavy side for me. And the number of thumb buttons bewildered me. I'm happier with 2-3 thumb buttons, less to accidentally click when you're in the middle of some frantic gaming. Still, it's my main gaming mouse and I really quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sarky wrote: »
    I got one of those too. Comfortable, but I thought it was a wee bit on the heavy side for me. And the number of thumb buttons bewildered me. I'm happier with 2-3 thumb buttons, less to accidentally click when you're in the middle of some frantic gaming. Still, it's my main gaming mouse and I really quite like it.

frankly beyond WoW I've never mapped the buttons to anything. I really should!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I also picked up a G600 while doing a focus group test for Logitech, It's smooth and responsive but I don't know what to even with all the extra buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i want to focus group ;_:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'v been using a Razor Lachesis the last few years and it like all my previous Razor mice have never given me any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GYHPYEU/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

would this be ok for a cheap mouse? seems to have good reviews. Would it be fine for dayz and rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Probably fine for most games.

I've always been a logitech guy, using a G400 this past 2.5 years... really solid mouse imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Sarky wrote: »
    I also picked up a G600 while doing a focus group test for Logitech, It's smooth and responsive but I don't know what to even with all the extra buttons.

Old reference but...

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, mousephone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Venom wrote: »
    I'v been using a Razor Lachesis the last few years and it like all my previous Razor mice have never given me any hassle.

I have mine a few years and i love it . If something happens to it I reckon I'll be looking on ebay for another one .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

graphics-disney-939339.gif

My old MX 518 is on it's last legs, and i cant seem to find any anywhere, have Logitech stopped making them?

So, What mouse do you use? What would you recommend for gaming?

I'm looking for something with a lot of durability (ie: same as the MX I've had now for the last 4 years)

Logitech have indeed stopped making them, however due to outragous demand they have a model that pretty much replicates the 518. I "think" its called a G4000 or GS400 or something. Friend got one, and it is pretty much the exact same.

I was using Razer the last few years. Copperhead and then deathadder, good mice, but didn't feel ever as good as my old MX518.

Low and behold I was doing a clearout of my old room in my parents, having been moved out two years. And what do I find, but a perfect condition MX518. Forgot I had won it as part of a LAN event YEARS ago with WC3.

Back using it now two weeks and my god, so natural, so much better then anything on the market :O

I'd say have a look at the new logitech model that is basically the new MX518. They were imo the best mouse ever made bar none, and I see no reason for you to move to something new.

Razer and Steelseries get a lot of hype due to their sponsored players bigging them up, but I know in Razers case they arn't REALLY that special a product and can have frequent quality and control issues. The Steelseries sensai get's good neutral reviews.

But even the model line taking over from the 518, still get's massively positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I use a Zowie EC1 eVo and love it. Completely optical, no fancy pointless 8000 DPI or anything, no ****ty drivers (or software), just quality hardware.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007XCTLZI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&tag=stalitmed-21&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B007XCTLZI&linkCode=as2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Deathadder for me, on my second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

How long did your first one last?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I've been using a Razer Deathadder for four years now. Never had a problem with it and really like it. The reason I bought it is they make a left-handed version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Can only echo Deathadder; as a leftie I got the left handed version (and then reversed the buttons to behave like a normal mouse again with the software it comes with) and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I got the MX-2000 version of this. That's the 2000IIB variation but it looks pretty identical to the one I've got. Has been serving me just for almost a year now. I got this instead of the more known brands because at the time it was really cheap... it might have been on sale actually. The programmable buttons are nice if you're into that sort of stuff. 1000hz Polling rate so is viable for competitive gaming. DPi can be adjusted on-the-fly with a push-up/down button just below the scroll wheel which I've used a handful of times but not for gaming... it was for some very fine detail work in a photo-editor.

Overall very solid mouse that I'd recommend any day but cannot fully vouch for that MX-2000IIB variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Can anyone suggest a good gaming mouse for around 20e?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Merged with the previous thread.

You will struggle to get a good gaming mouse for €20. I'd say you'd need to stretch that to at least €50 to get anything other than a bog standard Microsoft mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kiith wrote: »
    Merged with the previous thread.

You will struggle to get a good gaming mouse for €20. I'd say you'd need to stretch that to at least €50 to get anything other than a bog standard Microsoft mouse.
    Pc world have a razer brand mouse for 45..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

PC World also do a Roccat Kova+ for €40 but it's pretty small from what I've heard. I'd really try and add a few quid to your budget as already suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I got the previous version of this. Use it in work and at home. Decent, though i dont play twitch reaction shooters normally. Large enough for my hands too which is a plus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driver-Update-Perixx-MX-2000IIB-Programmable/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414692306&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mouse

41424nL3fZL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Oak76 wrote: »
    PC World also do a Roccat Kova+ for €40 but it's pretty small from what I've heard. I'd really try and add a few quid to your budget as already suggested.

I actually bought this without knowing it was the one you said, it's not really small and probably the same size maybe bigger than my previous mouse.

The 16 or so keybinds are handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

By far and away my current favorite hyperion fury I have tested a hell of a lot of mice and this one just fits the bill for comfort and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

SimplyBlue wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good gaming mouse for around 20e?

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/USB/60174/Sharkoon+Drakonia+Gaming+Laser+Mouse.article

ive been using one for the last year,
    actually really good for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

You can have the one (four legged kind) in my attic for free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I got the previous version of this. Use it in work and at home. Decent, though i dont play twitch reaction shooters normally. Large enough for my hands too which is a plus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driver-Update-Perixx-MX-2000IIB-Programmable/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414692306&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mouse

41424nL3fZL.jpg
    Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/USB/60174/Sharkoon+Drakonia+Gaming+Laser+Mouse.article

ive been using one for the last year,
    actually really good for the price.

These are the same mouse, i ended up paying an extra €2 at the time for the perixx just to get a plain black one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I've bee using a Razer Naga Molten for the past 2 years. Brilliant mouse. Never had any issues with it.

Advertisement