Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 12 – May 22nd, Barbaresco - Barolo (ITT) **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Decent comeback by Cadel in fairness, I thought he was going to lose much more than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Not a fan ....but you have to admire Evans determination

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Decent comeback by Cadel in fairness, I thought he was going to lose much more than that

I think that's terminal for Evans Giro hopes.

I wouldn't put any money on Quintana now. 3'24 is a lot of time to Uran.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Love Kelly there on Uran

"with a further haircut he could have made another 10 or 20 seconds" he he

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Brian? wrote: »
    I think that's terminal for Evans Giro hopes.

I wouldn't put any money on Quintana now. 3'24 is a lot of time to Uran.

There is still a long way to go .... the likes of the Stelvio and Zoncolan still have to be climbed. Quintana will improve as the race goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    cant believe the price of Uran. hes a good time trialist

I don't generally bet on cycling but your post led me to check his price on Betfair. Stuck a few quid on at 13.5 - cheers for the effective heads up.

I agree there is a long way to go

I would not count out Possovivo and Quintana just yet

Both along with Aru will be much better on Mnt TT next Friday
    And all 3 will be great on Zoncolon as suits them even better than Uran

Mind you I do like Uran chances

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

There is still a long way to go .... the likes of the Stelvio and Zoncolan still have to be climbed. Quintana will improve as the race goes on.

I'm most certainly not counting him out. I just wouldn't put any money on him winning from here. Uran is a good enough climber to not lose 3.5 minutes easily.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Must be a decent sense of purpose & excitement in the Tinkoff camp too with Majka performing so well. Great for Roche's further maturing to be involved in such situations as often as possible.

Fantastic performance by the Omega-Pharma Quick-Step team, four riders in the top-10: 1st; 5th; 6th; and 8th.

And that's with no Tony Martin, Terpstra or Kwiatkowski in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

OPQS mustn't have thought Uran had that in him. Don't think they would have smashed it that hard if they knew they had to defend the leader's jersey tomorrow.

VR46 wrote: »
    OPQS mustn't have thought Uran had that in him. Don't think they would have smashed it that hard if they knew they had to defend the leader's jersey tomorrow.

Yeah that's a good point.

Orica-GreenEdge came first in the TTT, but they were last in the team standings for the ITT today. It just shows the impact of defending the maglia rosa has on the riders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I got a new housemate about 3 weeks ago, Italian and a big cycling fan, nice guy. Bizarrely though he doesn't seem to like any Italian teams or riders. Doesn't like Pozzovivo or Lampre or any of that. I'm baffled. Likes Contador and Sinkoff Taxo. :confused:

I got a new housemate about 3 weeks ago, Italian and a big cycling fan, nice guy. Bizarrely though he doesn't seem to like any Italian teams or riders. Doesn't like Pozzovivo or Lampre or any of that. I'm baffled. Likes Contador and Sinkoff Taxo. :confused:

Takes all sorts ...does he like Nico ? ( acid test :P)

Lampre & Italians haven't always had a good record but surely he must think Ulissi is a great prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Orica-GreenEdge came first in the TTT, but they were last in the team standings for the ITT today. It just shows the impact of defending the maglia rosa has on the riders.

They have had a bit of bad luck...
    Luke Durbridge (Big TT engine) - out since his crash on stage 11
    Michael Matthews - out after finishing stage 9 with a big gash on his arse
    Svein Tuft (Big TT engine) - suffering from his earlier crashes
    Pieter Weening - not a TT man afaik
    Brett Lancaster - broke his hand in a crash a few days ago

The others, probably can't be arsed anymore!

Advertisement