Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumm ‘completely forgot’ $1.2m transfers to wife

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, you don't have to like him, but stop with the insults and cries for him to be raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Another one that will be joining michael lynn in Brazil I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭blackwhite

His entire defence seems to be based along the lines of "I didn't understand it."

To try and claim that, as Charted Accountant with experience in Big 4 and working in venture capital, he didn't really understand what was required in the bankruptcy forms is pretty pathetic, and I'm sure the US courts will see it as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I found a tenner that I'd forgotten about in my jeans pocket last week, easy enough mistake to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I hope he gets everything taken from him and given a taste of what many Irish people had to endure for the past 5+ years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

In his arrogance and hubris, it would appear that Mr. Drumm stepped into the deep-end and well out of his depth. We in da Red-Light district. 'Cuffs, orange jumpsuit and Fed Pen, quare lively. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mikeym wrote: »
    If he came back to Ireland could he be brought to court?

And if yes why isnt he extradited.

I hope he is done for fraud on US soil, remember Bernie Madoff got 130 years, Ken Lay of Enron got 110 years, the Yanks don't piss about with white collar crime, if you defraud them they'll fcuk you over. The Yanks can give Irish people Justice in a way that the Irish system can not or will not. I'd say Drumm is hoping to fcuk he gets extradited at this stage after seeing Sean Fitzpatrick walking a free man, I hope the Americans arrest him for making fraudulent statements on his bankruptcy application, then the fireworks will really begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭galwayredgirl

ah, the Mrs Quinn defense

Sure she probably found the moolah is his shirt pocket when she was ironing it and said oh that must be for me and that is why it completely slipped his mind.

Seems quite a few ladies got moolah off the hubby recently for providing love and companionship and children.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Nothing surprises me anymore.
    I mean he must actually laugh himself to sleep every night.
    I know we can post insults about him now, but it's bloody hard!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

blackwhite wrote: »
    His entire defence seems to be based along the lines of "I didn't understand it."

To try and claim that, as Charted Accountant with experience in Big 4 and working in venture capital, he didn't really understand what was required in the bankruptcy forms is pretty pathetic, and I'm sure the US courts will see it as that.

Here is his defense

Mr Mack, for Mr Drumm, said that the judge would see the case against his client was “a lot of bluster and argument but short of true evidentiary substance.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

He's landed on his feet anyway http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/fugitive-exanglo-chief-drumm-is-all-smiles-as-he-enjoys-new-career-in-us-30200042.html

Need to get Charlie Bird to hunt him down and peep in his letterbox like he did on Primetime a few years back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Linka

It was just resting in her account..

Like an episode of Father Ted this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

bear1 wrote: »
    Like an episode of Father Ted this

Doubt an American judge will be believing his cock and bull stories like they might here

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Doubt an American judge will be believing his cock and bull stories like they might here

Seriously hope not

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/drumm-admits-lying-in-us-mortgage-application-1.1804415

Now the lies are starting to come out.
    Hopefully now this first lie will be the start a lot of digging by the US authorities...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

If he's ever extradited to Ireland he'll be in for some serious punishment, 5 years banged up in the Westbury Hotel, and 400 hours community service on the Miss World pageant nipple tweaking team. Serves him right!

stoneill wrote: »
    If he's ever extradited to Ireland he'll be in for some serious punishment, 5 years banged up in the Westbury Hotel, and 400 hours community service on the Miss World pageant nipple tweaking team. Serves him right!

5 years me hole, he'd be out the same day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ollaetta wrote: »
    Of all these creeps Drumm is the one I'd most like to see nailed. Even more than the bould Seanie. He's got a smirky F-you look on his gob that gets me going every time I see it.

Can we put Patrick Neary in the cell alongside him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

he'll suddenly remember he does want to come back to Ireland after all
    as slimy smug and appalling a human being he is,his wife is worse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

stoneill wrote: »

And probably a NAMA job paying 250k a year and a load of further directorships like these guys

From 2010
    Mapping the Golden Circle

This was mentioned this evening in David McWilliams presentation, I was curious who had 44 directorships under his belt in 2007. Answer: David Dilger

Maurice Pratt - 57
    Bernard Somers - 31
    Philip Lynch - 31
    Sean FitzPatrick - 28
    Declan McCourt - 26
    Kieran McGowan - 20
    Laurence Crowley - 20

http://www.apibf.com/news/188-mapping-the-golden-circle-in-ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Well, that didn't work out so well for Mr. Drumm. Surprise.:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

He deserves to have the book thrown at him and go down for a long spell. An utterly despicable human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

JupiterKid wrote: »
    He deserves to have the book thrown at him and go down for a long spell. An utterly despicable human being.

The judge seems to agree with you. An Irish judge would have kissed his a$$, with a nod and a wink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Good to see him getting a roasting by the US judiciary, a spell in a US jail wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

MadYaker wrote: »
    He didn't forget he transferred the money, he "forgot" to properly disclose it for the purposes of his bankruptcy trial. He also seems to claim that he didn't think he needed to disclose them at the time.
    So he forgot about it but he thought about it at the same time. That doesn't make much sense.

I could believe that someone dealing in millions and millions could over look a million. It makes him look stupid and you'd wonder how he ever made money but I could just about believe it. Still seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Sean Dunne comes across as much more smarmy and he got away with it.

I read a book about Anglo and David Drumm was on of those individual who believed their own hype, was give too much responsibility/promotion when he was young which made him arrogant.

He didn't come from a middle class background nor the old boys network that often pops up in Irish financial circles nothing seems to have happened to the real insiders in all of this.

Advertisement