Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumm ‘completely forgot’ $1.2m transfers to wife

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I literally burst out laughing upon seeing this in the IT - what a brill defense. What a scumbag

As I cannot post links this is from today's Irish Times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

it worked for a few of them overhere

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Unfortunately for Drumm the Americans won't be gullible enough to believe it, or spineless enough to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

In any serious relationship you do not keep count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I know how he feels. I often forget about my multimillion euro transfers. Just been super busy like, can easily slip your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Boombastic wrote: »

It's different in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If he came back to Ireland could he be brought to court?

And if yes why isnt he extradited.

mikeym wrote: »

we were going to, but then we forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Overhere isn't Overthere. He's going to find that such blatant bulsh1tery won't wash in a country where he isn't part of a golden circle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He will never be extradited because he knows all the secrets that fianna fail never want you to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Thread title is a bit miss leading. He didn't forget he transferred the money, he "forgot" to properly disclose it for the purposes of his bankruptcy trial. He also seems to claim that he didn't think he needed to disclose them at the time. Either way he looks a right plonker and I don't think the yanks will swallow his bull**** like our financial system did.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

ah, the Mrs Quinn defense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

It's different in the real world.
    Overhere isn't Overthere. He's going to find that such blatant bulsh1tery won't wash in a country where he isn't part of a golden circle.

He might be the big fish in a little old diseased tin pot pond where he was a big cod.....
    but now he is living in the big sea with sharks and they fcukin bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Of all these creeps Drumm is the one I'd most like to see nailed. Even more than the bould Seanie. He's got a smirky F-you look on his gob that gets me going every time I see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

i'd almost believe him!!

I hope he tries the old
    'I won it on a horse' excuse next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Egads...

Quick!
    To the pitchforks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

He's a nasty little prat. Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I hope he tries the old
    'I won it on a horse' excuse next

I'd be far more surprised if he didn't attemp a 'the money was only resting in mife wife's account' defence.

I'd be far more surprised if he didn't attemp a 'the money was only resting in mife wife's account' defence.

I hope mife isn't called to testify

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Drumm the Americans won't be gullible enough to believe it, or spineless enough to accept it.

GOOD FOR THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Big mistake for the smug little b@stard not to come home and face no justice from his corrupt elite friends in this tin pot republic

I will start the bidding at 10 years American fraud style

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wow,I think he's genuinely screwed. I thought he'd be a bit more slick that he's coming across now.be very interesting if he somehow got deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The Th!ng wrote: »
    If he goes to jail how long would it be before he'd be told to "Come over here and suck Momma's dick" :D

Something tells me his experience (if he does get a custodial sentence) will be a plush low-security prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

In any serious relationship you do not keep count.

Say people with little money. The likes of him count every penny and never forget. He's a lying, thieving scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Not what the ''get him raped in a cell and general prison torture fans" want to hear, but I'm fairly sure he can't actually get a prison sentence out of this.

Its a bankruptcy trial, not a criminal trial.
    All the court will do is decide if his bankruptcy can be finalised or not, and can give financial penalties against him if they find he broke any rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is!

Said mr. drumm,

to be fair to the poor fella he probably never had a mortgage himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Not what the ''get him raped in a cell and general prison torture fans" want to hear, but I'm fairly sure he can't actually get a prison sentence out of this.

Its a bankruptcy trial, not a criminal trial.
    All the court will do is decide if his bankruptcy can be finalised or not, and can give financial penalties against him if they find he broke any rules.

Nope.

He will have his bankruptcy reversed and given his profile you can be sure they will start criminal proceedings. Then it's up to five years per offence, and he "forgot" a few.

Bet he wishes he came home and got let off by a jury now.

http://bankruptcy-law.freeadvice.com/bankruptcy-law/bankruptcy-law/bankrupt_code.htm

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Bankruptcy-Fraud.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nope.

He will have his bankruptcy reversed and given his profile you can be sure they will start criminal proceedings. Then it's up to five years per offence, and he "forgot" a few.

Bet he wishes he came home and got let off by a jury now.

http://bankruptcy-law.freeadvice.com/bankruptcy-law/bankruptcy-law/bankrupt_code.htm

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Bankruptcy-Fraud.htm

So you agree that this current trial can have no custodial outcome - which is all I was saying?
    Down the line there may obviously be a criminal trial for related offences.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The crimes he's accused of in Ireland aren't considered crimes in the US. Therefore, it's not possible for a US court to grant extradition.

Advertisement