Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Origin 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Need another beer now, didn't know who I wanted to win by the end. NSW to win me a few quid (thanks Skippymac6 nearly a great tip), QLD for that comeback and always sort of supported them in the past, or NSW to breathe more life into series and make it really interesting last 2 games. Think if they had failed to hold on, series could have been QLD whitewash.

3 weeks to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Yeah QLD nearly came back from the brink! I was half shouting for NSW just for the effort they put in. Typified by the Morris bros putting their bodies on the line. That tackle by Josh Morris when he was hobbling all over the place before and after and then Brett with the trysaver too after a shoulder injury in the first half. Serious watching and can't wait for the one in ANZ now!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

when is the next game ?

padders67 wrote: »
    when is the next game ?

The NSW home game. It's on the 18th June in Sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Josh Reynolds looks set to miss the next game with a Grade 2 dangerous throw tackle. Cronk is definitely out with Smith and Slater in doubt................Craig Bellamy will not be happy!!

Much better from NSW camp, gonna lose Reynolds (possibly Beau Scott for his part to in the tackle). I expect Brett & Josh Morris to be rested this wkend follow Brett's seperation and relocation of his shoulder and Josh picking up an ankle knock late on.

The Blues need everyone fit and ready to go. DCE gets a good prep in the No.7 jumper now so he'll be sharper and more composed than this morning! Expecting a major backlash!!

Laurie Daley should be demanding Jarrad Hayne be wrapped in Cotton Wool and placed on his couch gently to avoid any risk for Origin II!

• Advertisement

Was Hayne man of the match (or whatever it might be called). Deserved it anyway.

WOW. Brett Morris is out for two months with a Broken Shoulder!! How did he play through the majority of the game?? That incredible!! Brother Josh out for 6-8 wks with torn PCL. Nate Myles (fractured hand), Gallen (damaged neck) both out for at least 2wks

Morris out is a big blow for NSW, immense in the first game.

Morris out is a big blow for NSW, immense in the first game.

Whose gonna come in? Will Hopoate, Josh Dugan, Pat Richards (to an extent) are all options. Freddie Fitler is a massive Hopoate fan! Wouldn't be surprised to see Jamal Idris and Hopoate replace the twins.....

I'd say Will Hopoate is a definite starter reading all the press, no idea who's going to fill the other Morris shoes though.

• Advertisement

I'd say Will Hopoate is a definite starter reading all the press, no idea who's going to fill the other Morris shoes though.

Need a seriously physically dominant player in the centre against GI, or someone whose exceptional in defense. Would sway towards Idris whose been very strong for the Panthers this year. Alternative (but would be madness to do) would be Hayne to the centre and Dugan to Fullback, that'd be definite last resort, Hayne' impact at No.1 is too immense

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

unbelieveable about Morris' injury - these guys bring a whole new meaning to the word tough

Another huge day in the NRL.

Josh Dugan with a hat trick to throw his name in the hate for either centre or wing spot for NSW. Played in the centre today for st. George. Dylan Walker really stuck his hand up for the Bunnies, finished the game playing Fullback, was outstanding!

Bad news for QLD fans. GI going off injured for the Bunnies, major doubt for Origin II. Daly Cherry-Evans was another Maroon who failed to complete a game this weekend leave with a knee injury.

Is bet365 streaming today's match??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Is bet365 streaming today's match??

Aye,most bookies do well paddys and 365 anyways, very scrappy game not much football being played ,about to go 4-0 Queensland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

FT 6-4 NSW ,QLD 8 year streak finally ends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭n32

Good win at long last for the Blues. Thaiday knocking on as he crossed the try line was a pivotal moment, at 0-10 I dont think NSW would have recovered given how many times they ve failed in recent years. This win should give the Blues great confidence and should lead to a great series next year. What a record by that Queensland team. 8 in a row was some achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

That was Amazing ,I have been waiting for that for a long time!

The last game Bet365 didnt stream it and I missed it!

Anyone know if they are or are not going to stream it like they do with the usual NRL matches? (they also streamed the first game...)

If i was Dale Copley I'd be very disappointed not to be in the Maroons starting line up. The guys been exceptional all year. Qlds looked stale in the first game. I'd bring him in for Tate or even Hodges! Colpey and Ben Hunt have brought an X-Factor to the Broncos (okay, their not going the greatest) but they've been serious playing well!!

Qld need to freshen it up! GI to FB, Slater on a wing, Copley to centre, DCE for Cronk.

Can anyone stop Jarrad Hayne? That'll be the difference in a white wash and a 2-1 series win!

• Advertisement

If i was Dale Copley I'd be very disappointed not to be in the Maroons starting line up. The guys been exceptional all year. Qlds looked stale in the first game. I'd bring him in for Tate or even Hodges! Colpey and Ben Hunt have brought an X-Factor to the Broncos (okay, their not going the greatest) but they've been serious playing well!!

Qld need to freshen it up! GI to FB, Slater on a wing, Copley to centre, DCE for Cronk.

Can anyone stop Jarrad Hayne? That'll be the difference in a white wash and a 2-1 series win!

Cronk has to play. Daley has been brilliant all year but Cronk along with Thurston is the one that makes QLD tick.

It's no coincidence that when he went off in the first game at 4-0 up that the maroons have struggled offensively.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Cronk has to play. Daley has been brilliant all year but Cronk along with Thurston is the one that makes QLD tick.

It's no coincidence that when he went off in the first game at 4-0 up that the maroons have struggled offensively.

Hahahaha I could be eating my words there with an exquisite kick from Cherry-Evans!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Fairly predictable win for Queensland there. They were never going to be whitewashed at home. Was really only in the final half of the series where things opened up and the points started to flow.

Cronk is still a classy footballer but for me the threat JT could bring with DCE is close to irresistible! If DCE could've trained fully or been given the nod initially he really could've done seriously well.

Cronk is so structured and everything with him is based around Cam Smith and Slater. DCE is more of a total footballer for me!!

Advertisement