Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Origin 2014

Options
  • 20-05-2014 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

So, as has been said on the NRL thread, the origin games are just around the corner.

Always cheered for the Maroons, but their dominance has been such that maybe it would be good for NSW to register their first series win since 2006?

This could be their year though, possibly.

Slight concern is the fact first game still isn't a sellout, 8,000 tickets left. Doesn't sound like many, and will probably sell before game but normally they are gone in seconds. 250 aus dollars for the game might be too expensive for some.

New South Wales team: Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Michael Jennings, Daniel Tupou, Josh Reynolds, Trent Hodkinson, Aaron Woods, Robbie Farah, James Tamou, Ryan Hoffman, Beau Scott, Paul Gallen (captain). Res: Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Trent Merrin, Luke Lewis

Queensland squad: Billy Slater, Brent Tate, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Darius Boyd, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith, Nate Myles, Chris McQueen, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker. Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans, Aidan Guerra, Ben Te'o, Josh Papalii. 18th man: Will Chambers. 19th man: Jake Friend.

I'm going for QLD series win 2 - 1, but it might be good for the series if NSW win this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

The best three games in Rugby league , I think the Maroons do look stronger on paper but I have a gut feeling this just may be the year of the cockroach... cmon the blues

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eyebrows18

The Queensland backline is ridiculous; Slater, Inglis, Thurston and Cooper Cronk with Cherry-Evans interchanging. Wowza.

I'm going for a Queensland will as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Hayne, Morris bros., tupou , jennings , reynods and hodko is not too shaby either ... its going to be a belter unfortunatly I wont see game one due to being out of coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is this shown live on sky sports? If so, what time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is this shown live on sky sports? If so, what time?

It's on Premier Sport/Setanta Sports 1 at 1030 Wednesday morning. Bet365 will hopefully stream it on their website too.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

It's on Premier Sport/Setanta Sports 1 at 1030 Wednesday morning. Bet365 will hopefully stream it on their website too.

Perfect time

Perfect time

Good for me as I have a day off night shift, so I'll be having a couple of early beers!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Good for me as I have a day off night shift, so I'll be having a couple of early beers!

Off everyday, so likewise !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Origin time again! Never miss it, not since I first saw it around 10 years ago at least. Can NSW stop this incredible Maroons run? Given the first and third games are in Brisbane, you'd have to think it'll be tough, but will be interesting at least.QLD raging favs for game 1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Interesting that they Maroons are only 6 point favs for the first game. NSW have a very capable team themselves but that backline for Queensland looks scary good!

• Advertisement

Right, any decent value bets to spend my 5 euro on?

Hope the game is close, NSW win against the odds would really shake things up. Hard to see past QLD yet again though.

For a fiver I'd be on NSW to win first half, Queensland to win full time at 7/1.

NSW might come out with a hiss and a roar and just be able to get a couple of early scores. Queensland though should up it in the second half, down or not.

Under 36 points too but that's a negative bet! :)

How is Maroon pronounced marown? Cheesy build up

Nice they got a karaoke singer to do the anthem. Tacky build up, thank goodness kickoff is here.

NSW missing a few tackles already. QLD scored already by look of it

4 nil to QLD after 6 and a half minutes

NSW looking a lot better now. Making good ground up the middle.

QLD have undoubtably the better backline but with Cronk out now and the NSW pack motoring, it could be a nail biter!

NSW go in front 6 4 after 26,good turn around from the blues

On report right decision.

Would that be given in superleague because the ball carrying arm hit the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

NSW well on top here after a poor start. QLD need to get a few sets here.

Poor place kicking so far tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Some game fellas! Some intensity. Josh Reynolds a lucky boy!! Jarrad Hayne is just immense as a footy player! He's virtually unstoppable on the ball, always creates havoc!

Hodgekinson feeling some nerves off the boot

Yeah good point, it counts though all the same!

QLD need the half time break. They will come back in the second half but Cronk is a massive loss.

Morris brothers have started well. Great first half. Thought it was going to be a battering the way NSW started. Amazing the turnaround.

All QLD again now, epic game up to now.

QLD seem to have all teh energy at the minute. Don't know how much longer NSW can hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Jesus, QLD have really stepped up! Hayne again NSW saviour! How there wasn't a pen and 10mins in the bin for Hodges is amazing! When Hayne broke out from his own 20 Hodges clearly impedes deliberately on Jennings who wouldn't be caught if got the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

what a bloody exciting finish!! NSW were unreal containing them

• Advertisement

Fantastic defence by NSW, sets up series brilliantly.

Advertisement