Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AhhHere

Any guidance on setting up a landroid word guidewire? When I connect both ends to the station it says I should get a green light but it's remained red. There's no exposed wire and it's fresh out the box. Baffled

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Grab a 10ft cable and make a loop. See if it goes green. Ensure that you are actually pushing down the spring clips before inserting the wires and release them so they will grab the exposed wire ends. It can be the case people think the wire is making contact but isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Put some weight on the back. Fixed my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AhhHere

Thanks. Will try that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dazed2020

Different (heavier) wheels, like all terrain or off road or whatever also work well. More grip plus weight.

Have a search on Google images or look at the Reddit landroid forum. Lots on different ways to add weight. Can reduce battery time slightly (depending on how much weight added) but makes a big difference to it getting stuck/falling out of bounds off a slope etc

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Hi all. There are a few spots in my garden where the mower gets stuck and the wheels spin.

Any recommendations for what I can put down in these areas to help with traction?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭k mac

anyone have problems with rabbits chewing the loop wire, or any ideas to help. Use to always be rabbits around here and then they would be gone for a few years and come back, we are now plagued with them the last few years, they eat every flower and plant we sow and now 3 times in the last year they have cut the loop wire. Bar getting someone in with the machine to bury a fresh cable have i any other solutions. Is there anything i could down on the ground along where the wire is running that would deter them from eating there… got stuff last year from the garden centre to put around the flowers but it was a waste of time. Its a dose trying to find where it is broke each time they eat through it..an the wire is well covered as it is down 6 years. Any suggestions would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

I laid a whole new section of boundary wire earlier this year after the wet weather last year seems to corrode any joints that weren't 100%. Its a orchard/small field area thats a bit away from the house and something seemed to like the flavour of the new wire and chewed it several times (didn't touch the old wire even where still visible). It seemed to happen most at spots where they would walk across the wire (gaps in hedge etc).

I tried chicken manure pellets at first but that only worked until rain wash them away. I blocked the gaps in hedges/fences which seems to have worked for a bit longer.

Not sure it will work long term so it's part of the reason I'm looking at switch to a wireless mower for that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭shane b

I have a Husgavarna 315X which seems to have a developed a slight problem. Its struggling to cut the grass even though i havent changed the cutting height and the grass isnt that long compared to what ive seen it cut before. The cutting system does seem to slow down, stop and then the mower reverses away from the spot and then continues on it way till it happens again. Ive cleaned the underside of the mower but that hasnt made any difference.

Is this a sign that the cutting motor is on the way out or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Grass has thickened up the last two weeks everywhere with the improved weather, without necessarily getting taller. My mower is struggling to keep up, the areas it hasn't got to in a while are more noticeable.

When did you change the mower blades? Fresh ones do make a difference when the mower hits heavy grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭shane b

Blades were changed at the beginning of April before i put the automower out for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Heavy wet boggy clay soil? A lot of rain over the last while- just another consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Bedouin79

Morning Lads and ladies. Got Mower back from service now need your vast knowledge for two things. One best connector for the perimeter fence wire ( I’ve always used the blue ones from Amazon but they keep failing). And second question best way to find a break in the cable I’ve checked and redone all my know joints. Hence I think it’s the blue connectors.

Appreciate any and all advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Bought myself one of the lidl mowers to replace my Landroid worx which I bought last year (very very disappointed with the worx, out of the box it is just woefull, digs holes etc). I know people recd mend putting weights on the back, or buying weel adaptors etc but at 1300 euro, should not have to do that).

Quite impressed with the lidl mower, tough, rugged, well able to get itself out of a bad patch, decent set of wheels with spikes on them, looking good so far.

Ihad four different robo mowers, and here is my quick opinion of them.

Romomowrs631 pro, great machine, expensive at 2,500 euro, served well for about 4 years then became expensive and uneconomical to repair.

Macallistar band q mower, bought it to mow a small top lawn, 350 euro, and been a little trojan since I got it. I failure on the blade disc, replace free of charge.

Landroid worx. Bout to replace the ronomow, 1300 euro, an absolute bucket of manure, kitterly felt like throwing it over the ditch after the first season, couldn't deal with it this season so packed it way in the shed and got the lidl one.

Lidl mower, 350 quid, only have it a few days, but reminds me of the performance of the ronomow, think I will be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thats not a great record or advertisement for robot mowers!

Is your ground particularly rough or soft or something that you have issues with them getting stuck?

Mine does get occasionally stuck if its very wet but during normal summer months it just does its thing… 11 seasons in…. one mower (Husqvarna 330X/430X).

Battery replaced after 7yrs. Cutting motor replaced last year as it got bent rather than giving up. The transformer has been replaced a few times (once to lightning, they are soft though). I am waiting for the day the wheel motors pack in, so crossing my fingers there. Generally solid though.

No, my lawn isn't particularly rough, in fact the rib mow had it like a good course when it was working.

The only one I had a problem with getting stuck was the Landroid worx, no issue with the others, including the cheap.b and q macallistar one.

Interesting thing about it, is that the worx,macallistar and lidl all work within the same perimeter wore if you place them inside each other's wiring, so they all appear to tune to the same transmitter.

The macallistar rarely got stuck when Working the same lawn as the worx, expect for when it fell into one of the holes the worx dug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I've read over on r/worxlandroid that if your lawn isn't as smooth as a snooker table then you need the off road wheels. I've had mine (M700, bought for a good price on Argos) in a box for 2 years due to one thing or another and my lawn is very much not a snooker table. I bought the add-on spikes off Etsy but have seen reports of them actually nicking the boundary wire and causing more hassle so whenever I set it up I'll be buying those wheels. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SWMYYDY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

I have a few landroids, had germany plugs on them and made the decision to cut one off. Put a UK plug on but now it won't put power to station.

Just wondering could anyone confirm what amp fuse is in a UK plug as that might be the issue? 13amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

did a bit of cleaning on my yardforce 400i over the weekend. Replaced the blades and took out the front wheels, oiled them and cleaned it all up.. makes big difference to operation.. i guess even robots need love and attention from time to time. Front wheels had almost seized with twine or some crap wrapped around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Yes I do a regular clean of my luba 2 to free up the blades, clean out excess grass. The mower is out pretty much everyday so I might do a quick clean at least once a week and Ive done a major clean twice since I purchased it in April. I just remove the rotor discs and the blade guards and give it a good clean and might use a damp cloth to get rid of any dried in grass. They do need a bit of TLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sponsorgate

I am close to pushing the button on the Kress RTK Automower. My lawn is approx 4650sqm. I am on side of hill so lot of lawn on gradual slope. Dealer thinks I'm ok with the KR173E which would be great as there is quiet a difference in price but from researching a lot of people advise to spec up. Anyone experienced something similar & have any advice?

KR173E – RTK 3000 (5000m²) – approx €4200

KR174E – RTK 5000 (7000m²) –  approx €5400

Plant 3/4 of your garden and get a smaller mower :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 S4HXO

Paid Mowers.ie for a Luba 2 3000 on the 27th of May, having talked to a guy at the store and been assured that one of those on the shipment they had arriving June 10th would be reserved for me if I paid.

So I did, I also paid for "Next Day Home Delivery", an extra €29. Well come the 12th there's no sign of a mower and no email, nothing on their site either other than "You’ll receive an email when your order is ready", that hasn't changed since I paid them.

They've also gone dark on the phone, I had no problem calling in May, now there's no dial tone just straight to an automated message saying how much they value the custom and to leave a message. I've left multiple messages and emailed but no response.

Have I been scammed?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭who what when

I see on their website the luba has 86% off. Certainly seems dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭blackbox

Mowers.ie are selling a Luba 2 AWD 5000 for €400.

Has to be a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ah in fairness it says balance on despatch. Have my name down for 3000 with Lysters, undecided yet if I'll go with it. It's a lot of money for a new manufacturer.

Yeah, I thought long and hard before committing but was reassured by the number of positive reviews they're getting.

Sold my brilliant mower to pay for this non-existent one, having been promised I'd have it on the 11th, and the grass is getting longer by the day. Fairly ticked off now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I went straight to the sole distributor of Luba in Ireland, as I was getting the runaround from a three businesses in my area.

Lyster Lawnmowers Dac (Exclusive Distributor for Ireland)
    14 Blyry Business ParkAthlone, Westmeath N37 ED32Ireland

• Advertisement

Just had a reply saying he's pleased to inform me that my mower will be part of the second shipment which will arrive in the country on JULY 19th and I should receive it July 22nd or 23rd. They've obviously sent the one earmarked as mine —which I should have gotten yesterday at the latest— to someone more important.

This is truly awful service.

Of course what to do now with the lawn for the Summer? I sold my mower to fund the Luba and by late July most of the Summer's done.

Advertisement