Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extant - CBS [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I wouldn't say it'd be a waste of time - I found it enjoyable enough - but its not going to be a contender for best show of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

There have been 2/3 episodes where it has been pretty good but for the most part it's been pretty average, bordering on almost terrible at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes. The finale was OK but the ending was weak - too many loose ends.
    showrunner wrote:
    this season has a big, satisfying finale, tried to leave it all on the floor in case it's only season. Big plans if not.

My ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭squonk

I think they were hoping for a season 2 and largely wrote the finale that way but were also hedging and wrapped it up to a certain point but left enough to go on for a second season.

I thought the finale was a bit stronger than the other episodes but it was all just a little bit too little too late. I like the premise of the show. I just wish it was executed better. Having Ethan magically reappear Matrix style was just not necessary really. Molly became really tiresome with the whole "Don't hurt Alien baby" thing. It's patently obvious the little shít isn't scared and has his own agenda. Ethan shouldn't have told him to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I'd agree with a few of those points alright and if Ethan had stayed dead it would have had a stronger/darker ending which I think would have impressed more people - they could have always built another Ethan for season 2 if it came to it. Also, I don't think Ethan telling the alien kid to run is really that surprising since Molly kept on about how the alien was her child and she had to protect him so Ethan was essentially telling his "brother" to get to safety knowing that his mother had wanted him protected all along. In saying that however I do think Molly harping on about the alien being her baby was quite stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

This will be shown on Syfy in January, 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,596 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Im not sure this needed a renewal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Extant is starting on SyFy channel, Tues 20th 9PM.

(You know - for those of us who don't need to download a show the day after it's shown in the USA. :o )

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

youngblood wrote: »
    Im not sure this needed a renewal!

I agree, I stuck with it til the end but won't be going back

• Advertisement

Jeffrey Dean Morgan joins as a bounty hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

I have just finished this and really enjoyed it , it was a nice departure from the usual ' wait until season 3 or 4 before you finally get a clue as to whats going on and why ' . Nice fast paced sci-fi .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not sure on the renewal either but I enjoyed it and could have just been a mini series

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Strong start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mr E wrote: »
    Strong start to the season.

Very strong opening - that first episode was quite probably the strongest episode in the entire affair to date. I did enjoy the first season, but had a feeling throughout that it might be cancelled, and was pleasantly surprised to hear it was renewed. That first episode very much did that renewal justice.

Looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm late to the Season 2 party this year and only caught the first episode last night. Like the previous poster said, very strong. I was quite surprised by some of the direction changes
    Molly's husband being killed

Harry Dean Stanton is a great addition to the show. I finally feel like I've something to scratch that "Almost Human" itch I've had since it was cancelled. They're not quite the same show at all of course but I'm liking the cop angle this season. Last season was very tech and space driven. The show came across as quite 'clean' or sterile or somethinhg. Now it looks like more of a real world scenario set in the near future and hands are getting a bit dirty. I like the direction. I hope things continue this way!

• Advertisement

This season is so much better than the first one, very strong - but is it too little too late? Haven't looked at viewing figures but not too optimistic about it's future.

Just started on Season 1 and slowly working my way through it , up to episode 7 or 8 . I like whats there story wise but Berry, Visnjic and the kid all annoy me to the point of distraction, berry especially is terrible in this :mad:

Can't help but feel I'd enjoy it far more had those roles be better cast, but maybe it's just a case of them working with what they have been given by the creators and I'm being unfair :confused:

I just watched the last few episodes. This is some of the strongest (and unpredictable) sci-fi on TV right now. Out of the 3 groups (humans, hybrids and humanichs), it's hard to see who will come out on top. You'd assume the humans, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

David Morrissey and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have been great additions to the cast.

Great episode 9, fine set-up for a finale. This season has been a big improvement on the first, which I did enjoy but was slower paced and not as well put together. Strong viewing figures too so we should be OK for a third season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Season 2 has been such an improvement. Hard to believe it is the same show. Really enjoying it.

Great episode alright. Is the car rocket proof? :)

The message from beyond the grave was creepy too....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Would this be worth a binge watch?

What other shows could it be compared to?

Definitely worth a binge watch. Season 1 was good, but season 2 was superb.

I just finished the finale and it was a brilliant 80 minutes of TV. All loose ends were tied up, and there is a small hook for season 3 if they do it (but I won't be too angry if they don't).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Season 2 was a cracker, I thought yer man was a gonner when he tried committing suicide!

• Advertisement

Advertisement