Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extant - CBS [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 19-05-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Goran Visnjic has been cast in CBS upcoming sci-fi drama Extant.
    Visnjic (ER) will play star Halle Berry’s husband John Watts on the show in a series-regular role. Also, Michael O’Neill (The West Wing, 24) has been cast as a former astronaut who now is the director of the privatized space program.
    The serialized drama Extant is described as “a mystery thriller about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.”
    The series launches Wednesday, July 2.
    Source

Sounds like a mix of AI and The Astronaut's Wife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭squonk

mafaa wrote: »

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to speak about Season 2 before Season 1 has even aired? Mind you it's nice to know they're planning ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

yeah til it gets dumped after 1 season for poor ratings

Extant Finds UK Home On Amazon Prime, Episodes Will Air One Day After US
    Extant will premiere in the UK exclusively on Amazon Prime Instant Video, it has been confirmed

Per THR, the Halle Berry sci-fi series will debut on the streaming video service on July 10, the day after the show’s US premiere on CBS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

aliens and robot children?

• Advertisement

mafaa wrote: »

More of this! TV shows need to be broadcast next day over here. Thanks to the internet it's not enoguh to wait 3 months to see a show that has already aired stateside now. Spoilers will kill the show for you long before the 3 months are out.

Doing this would sound the deathknell for streaming/torrenting too as there's less of an impetus to do it and I'd also imagine overseas popularity would legitimately be taken into account when assessing a show's impact. Hopefully then less shows we love will bite the dust as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Thought this might have aired as reviews are up....

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    Thought this might have aired as reviews are up....

likely to be previews, it only premieres 9 July as per post #2

• Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed the pilot lots of room for this to grow into an excellent show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Molly's doctor keeping quiet about her pregnancy was too much of a suspension of disbelief for me. She is an employee of the Space Agency, not just Molly's friendly GP. She would understand that the implications of Molly's pregnancy far, far outweigh their friendship and Molly and John's marriage. No way would she keep quiet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Just watched the pilot. I might give the second episode a go, but it bored the socks off me. I'm REALLY hoping that Grace Gummer gets more to do as it goes on. Their sons "situation" was interesting, but I often found their reactions towards his behaviour to be slightly confusing.
    I'm afraid that the "mystery" in the tag-line is going to drag on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I enjoyed the second episode far more than the pilot. There's huge potential but I just wish the show would move at a slightly quicker pace. At least it doesn't have to be padded out over 22 episodes!

'Extant' and 'Criminal Minds' swap timeslots on CBS
    CBS is moving its series "Extant" to a later time on Wednesday nights, following a couple weeks of falling ratings.

The sci-fi drama starring Halle Berry will air at 10 p.m. ET/PT starting July 30. The show is switching places with reruns of "Criminal Minds," which had been airing at 10.

The timeslot swap comes in the face of a ratings drop for "Extant." After debuting to same-day ratings of 9.6 million viewers and a 1.6 rating in adults 18-49, the most recent episode on July 23 fell to 6.4 million viewers and a 1.1 in the demographic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Is anyone watching this? I watched the first episode and thought is was OK but very slow and dragged out.

Far too slow, would be much better if they just did it as a complete mini series and left it at that.

• Advertisement

Far too slow, would be much better if they just did it as a complete mini series and left it at that.

That's a shame, from the adverts building up I was pretty excited about it. I would go as far as saying I was dissapointed with the start. Sure maybe do a binge at end of season if I hear it picks up pace a bit or a satisfactory end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd agree that some of the earlier episodes were much too slow but I'm actually really enjoying it now; chances are a second season is unlikely at this stage but at least they're preparing for that with this season's finale ( http://seriable.com/extant-finale-cancellation-season-2/ ) so we shouldn't be left hanging.

Anyone watching this?
    Slow but im still kinda interested

Anyone watching this?
    Slow but im still kinda interested

I'm waiting for it to finish and do a binge. Found the first episode very slow so wouldn't have the patience for it weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I'm still watching and enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Gone down hill so quick and as it stands right now its become awful. Molly is such a bloody annoying character.
    ''My baby My baby'' shut ****ing up its an Alien!! Also the robot killer who just happens to have a robot arm ffs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Jeez, how bad was this! The finale....dire!
    I doubt it gets renewed.

I just finished the episode where they find out the Japanese guy's MO and Oden deactivates robot Bratley. It seems to have dippe din quality or something. I was much more excited about it early on. A sign for me is when I just leave a show at the bottom of the pile and don't get back to it for a few weeks. That happened here. Not sure how far off the Finale I am but it's starting to look a little pointless. I too don't get the whole "My baby" thing. It's very obviously an alien and Molly's whole "It's just a bit scared" thing doesn't really wash given it's actions to date. I kind of lost interest in the show once it went down that road. Meryl Streep Jr. is laregely why I'm watching at this point.

• Advertisement

Would this be a waste of time to watch. Was the finale that disappointing really?

Advertisement