Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jail for giving someone a cold sore - fuk sake

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

if you can sue/jail someone for giving you the herpes, can you also jail/sue someone for giving you the pregnancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

A high portion of the population has some form of HPV
    So?

Olive8585 wrote: »
    Herpes simplex (HSV) does not cause any cancer. :confused:
    The human papilloma virus (HPV) can cause a number of cancers.
    Ah, I was wrong there - however, it is implicated in other diseases still, which makes it still potentially harmful:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex_virus#Connection_between_facial_sores_and_Alzheimer.27s_disease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

I used to get mouth ulcers every-time I eat peanuts. So I stopped eating them.

True story.

Perhaps that stunted your growth? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Overthrow wrote: »
    They don't bother testing for that exact reason. Most people have been in contact with it and as a result have the antibodies that are associated with it. If you've been with more than 7 or 8 partners it's more likely that you do have it than don't have it. It's such a trivial virus that it's not even worth testing whether you do or do not have it.
    Trivial but it can be dangerous, for example for newborn babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

anyone else think the UK is turning into a scary police state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Does anyone know how the little boy in this article fared out? Malice and intent added:

One day a twelve year old boy walks into a brothel dragging a
    dead frog behind him.
    The Madam asks, "Can I help you son?"
    He replies, "Yes I'd like a girl for the night."
    She says, "I'm afraid you are too young for one of my girls."
    So he gets out his wallet and gives her $200. To which she says,
    "She'll be waiting for you up stairs."
    The boy says, "But shes got to have active Herpes."
    The Madam replies, "But all my girls are clean!"
    So out comes the wallet again and he gives her another $200.
    The Madam says, "OK,she'll be ready for you in about 10 mins".
    So he goes up the stairs dragging the dead frog. 1/2 an hour
    later he comes down the stairs,with a big grin on his face and
    still dragging the dead frog.
    By now the Madam was just a touch curious so she asked him,
    "Why did you come in here,dragging a dead frog and asking for
    a girl with active Herpes?".
    "Well, it's like this", he says, "When I get home tonight I
    fuck the baby-sitter and she'll get it. Then when my parents get
    home dad will drive her home and on the way they'll stop and have
    sex, and he'll get it. Later when dad gets home mum and dad will
    make love and she'll get it. And at about 9.30 tomorrow morning,
    when dad has gone to work, the Gardener will come round, fuck my
    mother and he'll get it. AND HE'S THE BASTARD WHO KILLED MY LITTLE FROG!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Banged up in prison for giving a dose of the itchyfeckers, The world is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Hardly anyone is ever tested for herpes. Herpes is NOT included in the vast majority of sexual health screens.

Fun fact of the day.

no way!

15 years ago (aged just 21 ) I was brutalised in the mater and herpes was on the menu. interesting they were called VD then rather than STI.

after the mater and it's brutality I went private to dr freedman for numerous testings and herpes testing was always on the scorecard.

I know my mate went to local GP in swords and was also tested for this. But can't vouch for all GPs tbh.

If what you say is true , I'm shocked.

But i maintain those stats are ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭Olive8585

no way!

15 years ago (aged just 21 ) I was brutalised in the mater and herpes was on the menu. interesting they were called VD then rather than STI.

after the mater and it's brutality I went private to dr freedman for numerous testings and herpes testing was always on the scorecard.

I know my mate went to local GP in swords and was also tested for this. But can't vouch for all GPs tbh.

If what you say is true , I'm shocked.

But i maintain those stats are ****e.

Dr Freedman doesn't test for herpes now and AFAIK hasn't done any time in the last 5+ years. It's very unusual for an STI screen to include herpes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

Trivial but it can be dangerous, for example for newborn babies.

There is a risk for the newborn baby if born during an outbreak in which case a cesarian will be performed. I believe for most people outbreaks are few and far between and continually reduce in frequency with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

In the UK, You Can Be Jailed for Giving Your Girlfriend Herpes
    Crazy.

How does this make it to court and why is he pleading guilty to something he doesn't even know for sure he did.

Ah worse it's getting.

ah, but, but, shur tis in the "public interest" or whatever excuse the CPS use to waste money like this to pander to the daily mail readers, would be laughable stuff if it wasn't real

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Overthrow wrote: »
    There is a risk for the newborn baby if born during an outbreak in which case a cesarian will be performed. I believe for most people outbreaks are few and far between and continually reduce in frequency with age.
    Fair enough.
    I just remember being interrogated by a midwife because I had cracked lips when I went in to have my baby and she didn't believe me when I said it wasn't a coldsore, she was telling me how serious it was!

It'd be overkill to just start jailing people, but isn't it something that warrants a deterrence, for public health?

no as it won't be a deterrent, people who believe in deterrents are deluded in my opinion

Boombastic wrote: »
    if you can sue/jail someone for giving you the herpes, can you also jail/sue someone for giving you the pregnancy?
    wouldn't surprise me if that does end up happening as a CPS show trial

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Well it's proven to cause many types of cancers, so yes, I think it's good to have it taken seriously like this.

Ignorant comment. Why comment when you don't know what you are talking about. Cervical cancer is a STI. HPV as herpes is in 90 % of the population but only a small fraction show symptoms. Herpes does not cause a cancer. HPV does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Dr Freedman doesn't test for herpes now and AFAIK hasn't done any time in the last 5+ years. It's very unusual for an STI screen to include herpes.

interesting.
    havent seen him in more than 5 year

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Ignorant comment. Why comment when you don't know what you are talking about. Cervical cancer is a STI. HPV as herpes is in 90 % of the population but only a small fraction show symptoms. Herpes does not cause a cancer. HPV does
    And I acknowledged that with another poster...herpes is not benign either, as it is implicated in other health problems:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex_virus#Connection_between_facial_sores_and_Alzheimer.27s_disease

no as it won't be a deterrent, people who believe in deterrents are deluded in my opinion
    Deterrents are how much of the entire legal system works?

Advertisement