Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

Try calling Cregal Art.

091 751 864/ 091 751 247

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭zell12

---edit

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭tmh106

In addition to xckjoo's suggestions, you could also try Powells on the 4 corners. It's a music shop downstairs but they have an Arts and Crafts shop upstairs. Also, upstairs in Eason's might have some - they sell fountain pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

Looking for an electricity meter box overbox (e.g. Tricel) to fit over a damaged meter box (degraded fibreglass door hinges > door came off in wind today).. of course I can probably order online but wondering if there're any retailers in town that stock them.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭1641

The agents in Galway are CT Electric on the Sean Mulvoy Rd, and Eastern Electric in Ballybane Ind Estate. I got one in CT Electric. They didn't have them in stock at the time so it took a few days to come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

spot on, this is why boards is such a fantastic resource!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Found some at about a tenner in harvey normans, currys stock check say they have them at similar price but couldn't be found in store.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Try office supply places, I know for fact Kelly office supplies delivered mouse mats in a recent order to one of the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I am minding a one year old big dog who has has never been socialized and needs to meet up with other dogs.

Anyone know of any group who meets with their dogs to let them run wild and mess around?

What like a tinder for dogs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Escapees

Grattan beach early every morning, maybe 9am I think. Best to check with someone more in the know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I saw a decent sized group of people & their dogs meeting up in O'Sullivan Park in Mervue the other evening. I'm not sure if it was casual, or like a dog training type thing but it seemed fairly social with kids and parents and dogs etc.

It might also be worth looking at meetup.com as that might have what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Anyone know where I might hire a garden rotavator/tiller? I don't need anything too heavy duty - ideally something I can fit in the boot of the car.

I need four screws, bolts, washers. How do I know which size screw to get and where just to get 4 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Blue850

Caulfield Industrial, McDonaghs ,Tripart should sell individual nuts and bolts. Measure the width of the hole the bolt has to go through to get the size you need. Ie 8 millimetre is an M8 bolt, they come in various lengths

Thanks! This is something basic that never occurred to me, until I needed it

Looking for a garage to do a quick repair on a VW Passat. Need it done quickly (this week ideally) as it is needed for a NCT retest. The garage I normally use are not taking in any new business because they are down a couple of mechanics. Appreciate any recommendations. Was also thinking of ringing Western Motors as they are a Passat main dealer. Anyone used then for service and if yes, what are they like?

Thanks for any help offered.

Western Motors will do it if they can fit you in but they are not cheap, at least in my past experience

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭MenloPete

I’m looking to get an en-suite shower/toilet deep cleaned after it’s been neglected for a long time. I’ve emailed three different companies from Google with no response. Anyone know of someone who can provide this service?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Looking for someone to put down laminate decking please.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I just tore up my front lawn which was in bad shape after some recent construction work. I've piled up the old turf sods, and need to get rid of them. Anyone have the number of someone who could come, ideally with a grabber, and take them away? I'd say there's probably a couple of tons of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

If you have to do it yourself get some of this stuff, it's unreal. You can get it in loads of places...Woodies, B&Q, Homestore.

https://www.woodies.ie/hg-500ml-mould-spray-30-extra-free-1126975

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Vouch for that - have used that mould spray to do a corner of a room(cold bridging where the pumped insulation did not reach I reckon) used the HG Limescale remover as well and its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Recommendation for gutter repair?

Have a leak at a join. Also want to put in 4 vents into the Soffit to improve air circulation in the attic.

I used this company recently to repair some broken tiles: https://www.cashelchimneys.com/

They were reasonable and, as much as I can tell, did a good job. If I need any work done on the roof in future I'd be happy to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a painter to paint the gable end of a 3 storey house on the east side of the city.

Ideally they will have there own hoist/boom lift as it's too high to get off ladders.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know where I can find a computer grinds teacher rl? they need help with excel/access?

Pretty much anything I have found is online and not local.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭rustyfrog

Any dry cleaners that are open on a Sunday (or Bank Holiday Monday)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

This might not be the usual query type

I want to send something to Japan maybe 10 to 20Kg's anyone have experience and cost other than An Post

Advertisement