Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Last of Us is probably my favorite game. It was the sole reason I got a PS4. I'd love if Sony released a PC version of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

chrislad wrote: »
    I'd love if Sony released a PC version of it.

Would make no sense whatsoever. It would be like Mario on the Ps4 or Halo or the Wii.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Would make no sense whatsoever. It would be like Mario on the Ps4 or Halo or the Wii.

Not really no, it's a system seller but it's one which I could easily see being ported to PC at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And we now have Halo on the PC in the form of the F2P Halo Online, Russia only at the moment, but apparently coming to Europe in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

And we now have Halo on the PC in the form of the F2P Halo Online, Russia only at the moment, but apparently coming to Europe in the near future :)

I cannot wait for that playing Halo online on xbox 360 was brilliant. I used to love the sticky grenade, I killed so many people with them that had just killed me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Batman: Arkham Knight PC (Steam key) + Harley Quinn DLC €20.99
    Probably the last chance to get a good pre-order deal on this from a reputable seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lego Jurassic World is 44Euro from Littlewoods, i know it's littlewoods but the thing is 59 pre order from gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

scudzilla wrote: »
    Lego Jurassic World is 44Euro from Littlewoods, i know it's littlewoods but the thing is 59 pre order from gamestop

I don't get the hate for Littlewoods. You can just buy it outright and not get it on finance so why the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Free hero of your choice in PC ARPG game, Marvel Heroes once the patch hits (expected today). I believe the free hero 'token' is a reward for those that login within the next few days. I wouldn't wait too long before logging in though, it may be a small window of opportunity.

Currently the following are on offer:
    - All Heroes (Except X-Men & Doctor Doom) - 50% Off
    - All Costumes (Except Iceman All New X-Men & Doctor Doom Classic) - 40% Off
    - All Team-Ups & Pets (Except X-Men) - 50% Off
    - X-Men Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups & Pets - 40% Off
    - Boxes of 36 Fortune Cards - 50% Off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Steam sale starts in 30 minutes FYI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Danger781 wrote: »

Damn you, I'd nearly managed to forget about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Danger781 wrote: »

Oh no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God have the prices gone up for this sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Project Cars PC (Steam) €26.60 @ CDKeys

Game plays fine with the xb1 pad on pc. Bit twitchy but easily adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Picked up CS:Go and Metro last light for a tenner in the sales yesterday, only have a tenner left on my card now so gonna try to refrain from buying anything I won't play realistically.

• Advertisement

Ryse: Son of Rome Xbox One €11.81 CD Keys

enjoyable game for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For the 4 people in the whole country that don't have any Borderlands games, Humble Bundle have a great bundle up at the moment:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Let the looting begin with the games themselves and loads and loads of DLC. Pay what you want for Borderlands, Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, and Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Pay more than the average price, and you'll also receive Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2: Psycho Pack, Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack, Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome, and a Humble Store 75% off Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel coupon. Pay $15 or more, and you get all of that plus Borderlands 2 Season Pass, Borderlands 2: Headhunter 5: Son of Crawmerax, Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, and a 2K Store 25% off merch coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

innthe wrote: »

Can it be played on a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

cena wrote: »
    Can it be played on a laptop

It would completely depend on the laptop. Does it meet the required specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

It would completely depend on the laptop. Does it meet the required specs?

It currently can barely be played on a desktop with a GTX970. It's an awful port.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

abbir wrote: »
    It currently can barely be played on a desktop with a GTX970. It's an awful port.

And it's downgraded from the console version...what...

Glad I only spent €15 on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah you'd want a €1500 euro laptop to tackle Batman in its current state! I wonder if it's something that can be patched easily? Watching my housemate play it - it is running fine on his R9 270X at low settings mostly but crappy textures and occasional stuttering really hurt the overall experience. He was looking forward to it for such a long time and he's really disappointing with how it turned out - he doesn't have an XB1 or PS4. Especially when it's solely due to a dreadful port rather than it simply being a demanding game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

abbir wrote: »

The performance of the GTX 980m isn't a million miles away from the GTX 970.

The point is, it's a non-question. Equivalent to "Can this run on a computer?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

I have a acer e15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

cena wrote: »
    I have a acer e15

I've the same laptop and just ran 'can you run it?'. No, it can't.

Advertisement