Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m.boards.ie

Options
  • 12-05-2014 3:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭

m.boards.ie has stopped working on my phone for the homepage - 502 bad gateway error or switches to www.boards.ie - and if I go directly to m.boards.ie/subbed it tries to force a switch to touch.boards.ie/subbed and then goes 404

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is the same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

And me.

Me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Me too :-(

Back working for me now. (Thanks!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Its redirecting to www.boards.ie for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Still insisting on redirect to touch or www for me, cleared cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

bluewolf wrote: »
    Still insisting on redirect to touch or www for me, cleared cookies

Redirecting to touch for me.... Pita

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ditto and I hate using touch.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Back working for me now. It's been on and off for the last hour or so.

Please don't leave me m.boards.ie, I'm sorry I tried touch, it meant nothing to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Working fine all say for me on ios7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Redirects me to either touch or the main site for on Android

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

I'm also on ios7...

If I switch to a "tab" that's has an m. page open since yesterday/earlier today it automatically refreshes and shows a touch. 404 error

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Stopped working for me too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Redirects to either touch or the main site for on Android

Yes I am on android

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Haven't been able to use mobile site in about 2 weeks, redirects to boards.ie, have to go in via google app to get touch

Hmmm, interesting, works on Chrome for me but not on whatever the 'internet' browser is that came with the phone (Android).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Same here. Hate this "touch" version.

Would make me stop using boards on mobile (which is most of the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh please fix this, it's been driving me nuts since yesterday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Same here. On Android it redirects to touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I've cleared the cookies and it's working for me again :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Stopped working for me this morning, I'm on touch.. And feel dirty!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It started redirecting to touch.boards.ie a little while ago for me, but now it's redirecting to http://oldcp.dnsmadeeasy.com/lostredirect.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

M.boards.ie no longer works on my nexus 7 or my Sony Xperia T. Has it been killed? Feckin hate using touch, it's far slower and clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Having trouble too with m.boards

Touch.boards only works on android if I change user agent to iPhone

Any other user agent redirects to full site

I love it, I don't want to use touch
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Still use it myself and glad to see people are still using it. Don't like touch because its slower, loads less per page and more ads. The ads are barely noticeable on m.boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

Jet Black wrote: »
    loads less per page
    This and the lack of a direct link to the last page of a thread (from the parent forum) makes the experience using the touch interface frustrating for me.
    Essentially, it takes more clicks for me to get to read what I want to read.

For the record, I have no access to m.boards.ie from my Android phone. Redirects to either www.boards.ie or touch.boards.ie depending on what I set the user agent to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

can we get an update as to why its stopped working please ??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement