Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Cran

rangler1 wrote: »
    1500 lambs this morning going from our group, highest ever number, if this supply is reflected across the country, it'll be hard to maintain any sort of price

Had the last bunch of April born singles in last night to dose and click, totaly shocked by how good they where. They should have been done really weeks ago and I probably shouldn't have clicked them. I'd say some will be ready to go fairly soon, may bring them to the mart after 40 days withdrawal up I'd say :confused:

Will have the main bunch in Saturday, they were dosed and clicked 17th May and not in since might bring the scales with me. These lambs are only on average 11 weeks old, don't think ever seen thrive like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

At silage till 11 on Monday night, so didn't get to the mart with a few. Told last night that prices took a bit of a tumble, 40 cent a kilo?, anyone experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    At silage till 11 on Monday night, so didn't get to the mart with a few. Told last night that prices took a bit of a tumble, 40 cent a kilo?, anyone experience this?

No one quoting in the journal apart from ICM in camolin and navan, and they're 30c down and will be down more tomorrow,
    btw it's exactly the same as this week last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

we should have moved lambs this week , but could,nt get around to it with silage , slurry, cow scanning, etc, etc, reckon a lot of people will be in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

A lot of fit or near fit lambs being sold due to weaning , there may be a demand for stores due to lots of aftergrass and uncertain cattle trade, also Ramadan ends last week of July which may help

• Advertisement

just after getting the journal, kepak are quoting as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭jfh

1500 lambs this morning going from our group, highest ever number, if this supply is reflected across the country, it'll be hard to maintain any sort of price

Hey ranger, just out of interest, how many in that group?

jfh wrote: »
    Hey ranger, just out of interest, how many in that group?

Around 100, seems to be extending all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Kevin the sheep

That's a lot of lambs rangler what factory do you send them to ?

any quotes for Monday ? just in from weighting , thrive seems to have slowed down but was expecting this , the fields the sheep are on are actually starting to burn

• Advertisement

That's a lot of lambs rangler what factory do you send them to ?

ICM Camolin,

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭cattle man

536 for Monday up to 21kg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Had lambs out tonight but I brought them home 45kg was getting €95 well pissed off, were nearly all very good char lambs and a few Suffolk's. Was half my own fault was late getting there and were last lambs going through,

anyone sell today or get a price off the factories? Must take a picture of them tomorrow

5.30 from factory

2.30 live-weight for export weighted locally

Sold 15 tonight, 41kg average, €91. That's €16 drop in 3 weeks :( Don't see them rising in the next 3 weeks somehow.

Saw 57 (I think) stores, in 2 batches, 27 and 28 kg average, €67 if I remember right. And he had came from Westport with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

It's bad alright, is there too much lambs or what's the reason

jt65 wrote: »
    5.30 from factory

2.30 live-weight for export weighted locally

Was 5.30 a quote today? What factory

Farrell wrote: »
    It's bad alright, is there too much lambs or what's the reason

If there are too many, they sure weren't out tonight! Its that rangler fellow, landing 1500 in in a morning:)

If there are too many, they sure weren't out tonight! Its that rangler fellow, landing 1500 in in a morning:)

Yea, no consideration for us little fellas

Farrell wrote: »
    Yea, no consideration for us little fellas

Often pitied the guys behind us at the lairage , takes a bit of time to unload alright and this time of the year we'd have to wait for them to kill some out of the pens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Kevin the sheep

43kg €93 in new Ross on Saturday good belclare texel/Suffolk cross ram lambs

Often pitied the guys behind us at the lairage , takes a bit of time to unload alright and this time of the year we'd have to wait for them to kill some out of the pens
    There's some looking after that, fair play to you. Use to go to Navan on a Sunday night (long ago now), ended up some in paddock as no place in the inn, lorry would arrive from Donegal / Kerry & you'd wonder were you best to squash the handful in the pens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

anyone know who pays in tuam when mitchell is buying by weight? mitchell who used to buy for tlt? would it be him or the mart? paying good money, 62e with weight tomorrow. dont know if they have to be a certain type or not though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Do u have to seperate them by owner into individual pen rangler?

sea12 wrote: »
    Do u have to seperate them by owner into individual pen rangler?

The lorries have little pens that hold around 30, so if they're loaded right you can minimise the sorting, I don't do it much, the guy that does it was sick for 3 mths last year and I did it then....was glad to see the other guy back.
    Lorry drivers are very helpful too

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭drive it

Sold 15 tonight, 41kg average, €91. That's €16 drop in 3 weeks :( Don't see them rising in the next 3 weeks somehow.

Saw 57 (I think) stores, in 2 batches, 27 and 28 kg average, €67 if I remember right. And he had came from Westport with them.[/quote

For that weight of a lamb it's not a bad price, how much will it cost to put another 15 kg on them ? Won't be much out of them. What mart was this

Golden vale, Carrigallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

27 kg lambs would need abit of feeding alright. Farmers journal are now quoting factory prices at 4.80 to 5.00

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭drive it

Jesus he went far enough

• Advertisement

Got them killed this morning, €10 more and worked out @46% ave kill out. Happy out

Advertisement