Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

JESUS, that Justin comeback!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

What, you mean the Happy Birthday? Yeah it was pretty dramatic alright. Loved his reaction after he won the title though.

ttiehs3vaylslj3pvsqd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Do a barrel roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

2 am they said...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Inda-stuct-obl!

• Advertisement

Man I really hope Fuudo doesn't win again because it feels like his Fei Long doesn't have to even try, but it's exactly because of that that I think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Awesome stuff, I had snake eyes or louffy to win it, glad it was louffy. Seriously good games, unreal. The first set of games were a highlight too. Bed time.

Edit: I always thought it was spelled luffy, now I dunno what way to spell it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

The American salt was strong on the stream chat :pac:

Danonino. wrote: »
    Awesome stuff, I had snake eyes or louffy to win it, glad it was louffy. Seriously good games, unreal. The first set of games were a highlight too. Bed time.

Edit: I always thought it was spelled luffy, now I dunno what way to spell it :pac:

You could be right. It's confusing because it was Louffy on the screen (which I assume would've been based on the name he gave when signing up) but his tshirt said Luffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Nerf Rose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Evilsbane wrote: »
    You could be right. It's confusing because it was Louffy on the screen (which I assume would've been based on the name he gave when signing up) but his tshirt said Luffy.

On his twitter he calls himself both Louffy and Luffy so either is grand I'd say. I think it's an anime name and he added the O to make it more French or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was hoping to watch a few sneaky fights during a wedding I was attending over the weekend, but unfortunately the Twitch app wouldn't run on my phone. I've been looking for a full video of last night's Street Fighter top 8, but can't find one. If anyone has a link to one, I'd be most grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

You can find 'em up on https://www.youtube.com/user/kahikusu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

In the airport and finally have internet again. Jist: won 3 games in pools. PIE Zeus knocked me into losers and then I managed to convince myself that I messed up my button config against a THawk, but they were actually fine. Cost me a round figuring that out.

During USF4 Grand Finals I did win $30 in a bet with FChamp over Luffy winning though.

Voa wrote: »

Thanking you kindly, Voa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Those are only Luffy's game, unfortunately. I dunno where the others are up yet, or even if they are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Missed pretty all of Evo because of work and the time difference over here - Did manage to catch the grand finals of Ultra though. I'm really glad a European took it though ( and in the progress, made the Eventhubs readers look like idiots. ) I bet Chunkis most of actually smiled while watching it! :pac:

I'll probably watch the top 8 for Ultra at some point - Though the fact the apartment I'm in doesn't have internet and I have to rely on an iffy dongle might hinder that ( I'm considering moving back into a hostel for a few reasons, no access to stable internet being one of them. )

Meanwhile, I need to book the last weekend in August off work, something to do with a Showdown of some sort.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dooms facebook post spoilt it for me ;) but watched the whole thing after work last night on the stream
    he played out of this world, reset the bracket and took the trophy

those footsies, those mind games. MUCH AMAZE, MUCH WOWZ, MUCH EXCITEMENTS

Placebo wrote: »
    Dooms facebook post spoilt it for me ;) but watched the whole thing after work last night on the stream
    he played out of this world, reset the bracket and took the trophy

those footsies, those mind games. MUCH AMAZE, MUCH WOWZ, MUCH EXCITEMENTS

Same here. It was the first thing I saw online on monday. That's the risk you run with social media though. I believe myself, JimmyPenguin and a few others are getting together tomorrow evening for a few games and to watch through the Street Fighter Top 8. I'm looking forward to this.

Snake Eyez was the main attraction for me in that show. I thought he played excellently. His spacing and patience were incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

deathrider wrote: »
    Snake Eyez was the main attraction for me in that show. I thought he played excellently. His spacing and patience were incredible!

Agreed. I was really hoping for Snakeeyez V Bonchan Grand Finals.

I wanted to see him turn an awful matchup around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Despite Snakeeyez' obviously great playing, his matches bored me to tears and I was glad to see him knocked out in favor of more interesting looking games.

Sairus wrote: »
    Despite Snakeeyez' obviously great playing, his matches bored me to tears and I was glad to see him knocked out in favor of more interesting looking games.

I'm on the other side of the fence with this one. I really thought the tension was through the roof during his matches.

His matches were great, if anyone was boring it was fudo. Yes he plays Fei pixel perfect but I'd like him to try something reckless or ballsy. He plays like some sort of computer enhanced android.

Side note: I suppose Fei as a character dosent leave much in the ways of creativity, I dropped him back in super for Guy as I was getting bored of him. I would have liked a Decapre to do well, although maybe now she will avoid any nerfs, her damage is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm on the other side of the fence with this one. I really thought the tension was through the roof during his matches.

Agree with this. I think it was his match against Ricky where he didn't press a button for ~40 seconds yet I was transfixed. Footsies master classes.

The power of nothing. The Snakeeyez special.

It's a game of indimidation, I reckon. That Gief slowly stalking after you but staying just outside of kicking distance is a pretty terrifying sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

2014-07-21-evolutionary-tactics.gif

Speaking to some non-fgc friends after evo has been an odd experience

"I really liked Snakeeyez, but I wish he'd done more varied combos. It was boring seeing him do the same thing over and over. Why are you looking at me that way Dave? You're gonna call me a scrub aren't you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bs60pF_CIAAgQPK.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Missed pretty all of Evo because of work and the time difference over here - Did manage to catch the grand finals of Ultra though. I'm really glad a European took it though ( and in the progress, made the Eventhubs readers look like idiots. ) I bet Chunkis most of actually smiled while watching it!

This was my first time watching evo since the time we all watched it together in the xgc :) i don`t watch a lot of streams because i find them boring but i watched almost all of this years evo, and i am so happy i did, and yeah i did crack a smile(inside at least) during the finals :) It was a special moment for all of us here in europe and i hope you guys enjoyed it!

Advertisement