Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are king / queen of the country...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm forever hoisted

Fixed that for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Offer the 25 counties up to Liz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

You wake up tomorrow and are bestowed with running the country. You are king / queen and can decide on any new laws you think are useful or important. What would you do?
    • I would ban Irish being compulsory at second level education.
    • Ban all religious congregations of any kind.
    • Force every able man and woman to give up a few hours a week (maybe 3 or 4) making society a better place to live - probably charity work / handyman stuff.
    • Legalise the private use of every drug on the planet. If you want to shoot up heroin in your own home, or deal it on the street, then go for it :pac:
    • Oh and there's now compulsory castration for all convicted paedophiles (where there is no doubt of guilt).

What about the junkies?

Become an Apache helicopter pilot.

cloud493 wrote: »
    - Institute zero tolerance on loitering, littering, drug use, anti social behaviour, not just in Dublin but all over the country.
    - More Gardai, more pro active
    - Legalise certain drugs, but tax it, and make it heavily controlled.
    - Make the 2 euro chicken roll mandatory everywhere
    - Do something to make the bus run faster. Don't know what, but something.
    - Zero tolerance on sex offenders, rapists, paedophiles, murderers.
    - If something has an addiction of some sort, and therefore a normal prison isn't the best place for them, don't lock them up and leave them to stew, build rehabilitation centres, teach them, not just punish. Still punish though.

Make up your mind.

Zero tolerance on drugs but also legalise some?

Zero tolerance but rehabilitation centres that punish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

What about the junkies?

Junkies are fine - but if they want to pester non-junkies for money or try and shoot up in the street, guards round them up and drown them in the ocean.

My plans are starting to crumble - what if some of the guards lie and use junky-ism as an excuse to kill whoever they want? I'll need gardai ombudsmen roaming the streets to make sure the guards are abiding by their laws.

This requires more planning.

coolhull wrote: »
    Ideally, if you're going to be a king, you need to be wan and pale

Everyone loves a wan king

Or a Juan Kerr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Make Judge Judy minister for Justice , Education and Social Welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Ahhhh sure ill make it a democracy and let the people run the country

Be grand like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ban all stupid thread that have been done at least once in the previous month.

Ted if you're going to make a comment like that you need to create a non-stupid, totally original thread otherwise you'll never be able to run the country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Zero tolerance on illegal drug use might be a better term.
    Zero tolerance on the use. But rehabilitation of the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Isn't she Minister for Social Welfare already?

Even if she doesn't want the jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

99.9% of current and past Dail's "Off with their heads!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I'd go on a cattle raid and get meself some fine cattle, isn't that what kings do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I'd sit in a throne, wear a robe and a crown and hold a septor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'd add an extra day on and declare a 30 hour week compulsory

I would declare the first of every month as a festival of debauchery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Get rid of party based Dail rules which punish independents, dismantle the debt based financial system altogether and introduce an interest-free currency, create new rules to require all politicians, judges, gardai etc to step aside from a particular issue and give it to one of their colleagues if any conflict of interest was identified, and introduce some kind of limit to the number of scandals a minister can preside over before being forced to resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

I'd vote for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Phase one:

I would turn all farm-able land into farms. All non farm-able land into wind farms. The west coast into wave farms. I would not stop until I eliminated the need for imports.

Phase two:

Mechanise and automate the farming and manufacturing industry to such a state that only a skeleton crew is required to feed the country.

Phase three:

Laugh as the fossil fuel addicted, false economy world crumbles around us.

Phase four:

????

Phase five:

Profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Offer the 25 counties up to Liz.

Which one are u keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Remove Marty Morrissy from public view.

Sentence anyone caught singing or playing or listening to "Wagon Wheel" to be rode by Marty.

That is all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Appoint a horse as consul and begin channelling the spirit of Ivan IV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

All excellent ideas so far, bar the odd exception. Mine would be simply to remove some mountains (they don't do much) and use materials to extend (via sea reclaim) the land base towards SW (sunny) direction them, to create a 500 km 'atlantic celtic riveria', be totally rad like! Like whoo dude surf's up!

technical illustration: http://s29.postimg.org/lgfm2fth3/ireland_extended.png

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'd legalize weed, and make the punishments for using other drugs so severe that no one would even consider using them. And if one is caught dealing them, in even small amounts, the punishment will be death. I would abolish the state religion, giving people the option to practice whatever religion they want without being "out of the norm", communion and confirmation will no longer be part of school. I'd regulate the tattoo industry, there's far too many tattoo artists out there, some of them can't even draw a straight line that are tattooing absolute crap on people. But yeah, the weed is the most important part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Reform the education system similar to Finland's and abolish compulsory Irish along with introducing more useful subjects into schools.

Adopt a Swiss style defence system, increase funding towards and enlarge the Defence Forces in all areas including AGS.

Introduce much tougher laws against chuggers, beggars, clamping, animal cruelty, racism, skangers, drug addicts and dealers, relax laws on self-defence etc.

Deport Roma beggars.

Crush organisations like Youth Defence.

Bring in more incentives for cycling by building the proper infrastructure - e.g. entire roads and motorways solely for cyclists, fully maintained and improve where it exists, plus attempt to decrease bike and equipment prices, setting an example for the world to reduce emissions and increase fitness among the population.

Advertisement