Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deenside Cup race, Kilkenny, 1st June

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Where was he storing them. If he can store them he should be able to put them back in there? Bad form alright ditching wrappers. Hate seeing it.

I'm guessing up the leg of the skinsuit , I gave his number to a commisaire after the race but he didn't write it down , it will probably be ignored . There were a few lads the throwing stuff away but Mr. Orwell in particular was a credit to his club .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

It would be a nice initiative to bring in fines or something for those caught littering during races. Just some sort of initiative to prevent it. Fair enough if someone dumps a banana skin in the ditch as twill be gone in a few weeks back to mother nature but seeing gel wrappers and other plastic going on the gutter really perplexes me. So easy to keep one pocket for litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

surripere wrote: »
    Well done and a big thank you for an excellent race Deenside Wheelers. About 8 more joined the front 8 or so cresting the climb & on the descent. We contested the sprint with nobody else in sight. Good ride Richard, shame I couldn't place for us, I cramped up badly which didn't help.

Navan next weekend should suit you. Up and down the whole time but nothing near as long as that drag/hill yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Navan next weekend should suit you. Up and down the whole time but nothing near as long as that drag/hill yesterday.

I'm starting to think nothing suits me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Amusing to note the A4's rode the climb harder than the 2013 Rás, obv comparisons not at all representative, but seeing Orica Greenedge's Simon Yates one spot below me on Strava gives me a chuckle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Great event - Deenside really threw everything at their first go at an open race and got it spot on.

I had a very small gap at the top of the climb last time up in A3. It had disappeared about 500 metres down the descent! I was near the front coming around the last corner but didn't trouble the judge in the sprint. The video shows I achieved the lofty position of 20th. I didn't realise how small the bunch was though.

Small bit disappointed. I thought the climb would be decisive but the pace was fairly pedestrian otherwise and there was a lot of fresh legs at the bottom of the hill. Can't complain though, given that I didn't attack on the flat myself.

Thanks to Deenside for an excellent day. Hopefully it becomes an annual event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Inquitus wrote: »
    Amusing to note the A4's rode the climb harder than the 2013 Rás, obv comparisons not at all representative, but seeing Orica Greenedge's Simon Yates one spot below me on Strava gives me a chuckle!

It's more than 1 spot. 20 seconds in fact. I'm waiting for the phone to ring now :rolleyes:

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's more than 1 spot. 20 seconds in fact. I'm waiting for the phone to ring now :rolleyes:

It's one spot on the steep bit - http://app.strava.com/activities/148211435/segments/3401185162 and my phone is also surprisingly silent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

Great race. Chapeau to Deenside. I really got the feeling a huge effort was being made for what was a debut event, from the race flyer to the terrific spread. Deenside are a relatively new club, so it seems they're unencumbered with the cycling tradition of not giving out any information about the race!

It was really well marshalled and rider behaviour in A3 was pretty good. I decided to ride a bit more than I've been doing. I've been getting around all the races, but need to get up a level where I can do more and compete for the places, so decided to start here. Rode in the break on the first lap, two of us got a gap and another guy bridged, but we got caught a good bit up the drag, and then worked hard with about seven other lads when we eventually decided to bring back another breakaway on the headwind section of the last lap. Had a couple of goes at getting away before the climb, but nothing stuck. It all meant I was a zonked on the last climb and I pootled over the line about 30sec behind the bunch. Still, felt better to have had a go than sit in and come 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Good show from Deenside Wheelers, looking forward to next year. Numbers seemed to be very high in all grades, any idea of actual numbers???

royrogers wrote: »
    Good show from Deenside Wheelers, looking forward to next year. Numbers seemed to be very high in all grades, any idea of actual numbers???

A4 Commissaire told us 93 A4 at the start, and no doubt that number will grow next year given everyone thought it was awesome!

Advertisement