Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39" Full HD TV €243 incl. Parcelmotel [Back in Stock]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

iggy wrote: »
    Sorry guys a couple of questions

What phone number do i use when registering? Do i just make one up?

Also do i just register my Irish visa card ? Does it not need to match your billing address?

Use nightlines Northern Irish number (Google it, starts with 028). An irish visa will do and no it doesn't need to match the billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I bought the 32" blaupunkt for my parents, parcel motel charged me 7 euros. It was here in no time, I collected it from my local depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Just couldnt resist @ £189 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Does anyone know if this is available to get in and tesco stores in northern ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is available to get in and tesco stores in northern ireland?

You should be able to tick the collect in store option at the checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Anyone else from cork use parcel motel to get this tv? Just wondering where itl end up seen as its too big. I presume it ends up in nightline in Little Island or something? My first time using this service so im a little unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Anyone else from cork use parcel motel to get this tv? Just wondering where itl end up seen as its too big. I presume it ends up in nightline in Little Island or something? My first time using this service so im a little unsure.

When it gets to the finglas depot ask to send it to little island.

You can collect it there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭satguy

Looks like a good deal,, I might get one to use as my PC monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    When it gets to the finglas depot ask to send it to little island.

You can collect it there then.

If you can find their depot down there :mad:
    I spent around 45 minutes trying to find it last year ,its really hidden away and nobody i asked knew where it was .

Map on there website of how to get to it!

Next to kartmania!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Map on there website of how to get to it!

Next to kartmania!

I'd imagine they put that map up after all the complaints they had !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

did anyone solve the overscan issue or is it permanwnt overscan via hdmi which affects picture quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Nowso wrote: »
    did anyone solve the overscan issue or is it permanwnt overscan via hdmi which affects picture quality

Yes you can turn off the overscan, i posted about that earlier. You can press the Aspect ratio button to get to the 'PointToPoint' mode. This turns off the overscan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just bought one - thankd OP! Can't wait to try it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

bought on 16th and expected today. Anyone know how much PM charge for accepting a package this size? thanks.

According to tesco mine arrived in Antrim at half 10 yesterday, there's still nothing appearing on my parcel motel account saying it checked in, surely there should be by now? I've a feeling tesco may have not put down my PMID

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

According to tesco mine arrived in Antrim at half 10 yesterday, there's still nothing appearing on my parcel motel account saying it checked in, surely there should be by now? I've a feeling tesco may have not put down my PMID

I'm sure it's fine, my package was delivered apparently yesterday from Amazon and there's been nothing on my account either. Probably just a bit backed up or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

Rang parcel motel yesterday afternoon and mine had just landed. Cost me €10.50 to have it delivered to my door and had it first thing this morning!
    Would have cost me €20 in diesel to collect it from their depot in oranmore!
    Might be worth giving them a bell to check is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Has anyone used the telly with a PS3 or 4? Was wondering what picture quality and input lag might be like.

william wrote: »
    Has anyone used the telly with a PS3 or 4? Was wondering what picture quality and input lag might be like.
    Using it with my ps4 and the quality has been excellent , no problems so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I gave into this. Thanks OP

This TV plus chromecast will be great for the bedroom.

Thanks. What did it say it was compatible with Saorview or Freeview?

Finally got around to putting up a Saorview antenna. Works fine as other people have mentioned, just wanted to poi

Thanks. What did it say it was compatible with Saorview or Freeview?

Finally got around to setting up a saorview antenna. Like others have mentioned, it works fine with the HD channels and I also wanted to point out that even the MHEG5-based aertel which is specific to saorview works great.

It did indeed say saorview compatible on the box so I didn't expect any less, but I just wanted to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi is it worth getting the insurance for this? 50 euro for 5 year insurance seems fair enough and they said there is worldwide coverage? planning on ordering this today but just want to make sure getting insurance is worth it!

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    hi is it worth getting the insurance for this? 50 euro for 5 year insurance seems fair enough and they said there is worldwide coverage? planning on ordering this today but just want to make sure getting insurance is worth it!

I got an email a few days after ordering giving me 5 year warranty for free. Said it was a special offer.

does everyone who orders get that offer? did you pay for the insurance first then get it for free or just get offered it to you?

Reading back on the email it looks like it was just a football offer for a limited time:

Heres the email:
    TESCO DIRECT

Dear Mr X,

Thank you for shopping with Tesco.

Because you purchased a television from Tesco between 21st April 2014 and 15th June 2014 we are pleased to give you a four year guarantee in addition to the one year manufacturer's warranty included with your television.

This means that in total you will receive a 5 year guarantee starting from the date of your purchase. So when your manufacturer's warranty expires, we'll step in for the additional period.

The additional guarantee is administered by our partner SquareTrade and will start automatically when your manufacturer warranty expires.

The additional guarantee will provide cover against mechanical or electrical failure through normal use up to the purchase price you paid. If your item develops a fault during the guarantee period, we will arrange for it to be repaired free of charge, including all parts and labour. If we can't fix it, we'll give you either a replacement which is just as good, or a full refund, at our discretion.

For full details about what's included in your guarantee and what's not, please refer to the full terms and conditions on www.tesco.com/footballguarantee2014

Of course, we hope that your purchase will be trouble free. However should it fail during the additional guarantee period all you need to do is get in touch as detailed below:

For support during your guarantee period please call 0800 3234050 or 0330 1234050
    Please ensure you have your proof of purchase and the make, model number and serial number of your product to hand.

Thanks again for shopping with Tesco and we hope you enjoy your purchase.

Kind regards,

The team at Tesco Direct

Ok thats fair enough, I'm guessing if they offered it to you they must cover the Republic? Sorry if this is stupid to ask but im stuck at checkout its asking for a postcode, read earlier you need to order by parcel motel how do you do that? Thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Ok thats fair enough, I'm guessing if they offered it to you they must cover the Republic? Sorry if this is stupid to ask but im stuck at checkout its asking for a postcode, read earlier you need to order by parcel motel how do you do that? Thanks!

Register at Parcelmotel.com, you will get an address in Antrim, that you use to place the order with Tesco the address will be like.
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Note that with Tesco you can't type numbers for your PM ID so just type your name and rest of address. Once you see the parcel is deliver contact parcel motel to make sure they match it to your account, as the parcel will be over size (won't fit in a locker) you can organize collect from any of the Nightline warehouses or get it deliver to you (at an extra cost)

Other parcel if you use it in the future if they fit in a motel you will collect from your selected location.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Register at Parcelmotel.com, you will get an address in Antrim, that you use to place the order with Tesco the address will be like.

Note that with Tesco you can't type numbers for your PM ID so just type your name and rest of address. Once you see the parcel is deliver contact parcel motel to make sure they match it to your account, as the parcel will be over size (won't fit in a locker) you can organize collect from any of the Nightline warehouses or get it deliver to you (at an extra cost)

Other parcel if you use it in the future if they fit in a motel you will collect from your selected location.

Put your PMID as your flat/unit number, works for me.

Advertisement